Lol we could almost be bottom 5 later tonight

Playoffs!
giphy.gif

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Lol we could almost be bottom 5 later tonight

Playoffs!

Edit: The most the Canucks can fall after tonight is 7th (1 spot).

EDM and ANA have to connect on a few more wins to be able to push VAN down.

After the Canucks miss the playoffs Benning is going to act like this season was some sort of success because they were "playing meaningful games in February/March" but that's quite disingenuous. The Canucks weren't playing meaningful games because they've improved...the Canucks are just as bad as they were the previous 3 seasons. The only difference is the rest of the teams in the West have regressed.

After 60 games:

18-19: 59 points
17-18: 53 points
16-17: 58 points
15-16: 60 points

What's a bit funny is they are 6 points up on where they were this time last year, but last year they finished higher than the previous two seasons. The Canucks are right there with the 16-17 and 15-16 teams that both finished 28th and 29th in the league.

This is progression.

I didn't do the 60 game pace, but I was curious about it, so thanks for doing the work.

You do still have to give credit to the team for being level, when everyone thought they would be worse. That is the large impact of Pettersson.

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Edit: The most the Canucks can fall after tonight is 7th (1 spot).

EDM and ANA have to connect on a few more wins to be able to push VAN down.

This is progression.

I didn't do the 60 game pace, but I was curious about it, so thanks for doing the work.

You do still have to give credit to the team for being level, when everyone thought they would be worse. That is the large impact of Pettersson.

Until you realize that they've been playing weaker competition with the West slipping downwards the way it has.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's unfortunate that Dallas couldn't hang on and come away with a point vs Dallas, but I'll be happy if Edmonton and Arizona, now tied 1-1 midway through the third, can nurse this along to extra time.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Until you realize that they've been playing weaker competition with the West slipping downwards the way it has.

Possibly. I have no issue giving them their due considering how good Pettersson and a few other players have been.

That said, if someone is going to make the case that they have progressed vs last year, they have to address this points based argument first.

Otherwise, what are they really talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad