OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The Lamb of God singles that came out this year are very good.
I'm so pumped for that one. I think it's next month? Either way, the singles rip, if the whole album is like that it could be even better than the last one.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Actually switched it up, listening to cyberpunk and industrial stuff. Just going through random playlists and seeing if I like it.

This one was actually extremely good.

Also can't forget this classic, amazing song.
WTF is that?
I did some early 00s pop music time traveling again, and I'm not proud of the depths I got to this time.
Madonna has some great songs within that timeframe.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Actually switched it up, listening to cyberpunk and industrial stuff. Just going through random playlists and seeing if I like it.

This one was actually extremely good.

Also can't forget this classic, amazing song.

WTF is that?
Madonna has some great songs within that timeframe.

KMFDM is so great. I was FINALLY going to get to see them (and Ministry) live this July, but I just remembered that probably isn't going to happen now... sonofabitching virus.

That compilation had some really cool songs on it, too. I definitely am going to follow up on several of those artists that were linked!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Who comes up with these genre names for music. Cyberpunk? lol.
All you need to know is that it came from Germany and it's filled with a lot of emo haircut blokes wearing leather.

Cheque out Celldweller, he's one of the best I suggest IMHO.

KMFDM is so great. I was FINALLY going to get to see them (and Ministry) live this July, but I just remembered that probably isn't going to happen now... sonofabitching virus.

That compilation had some really cool songs on it, too. I definitely am going to follow up on several of those artists that were linked!
There's some weird-arse songs in the genre though, like I listened to Pigface - Suck and Non-Agression Pact - Propaganda..including anything that's made by Mindless Self Indulgence and it was just...out there.

I love this one though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5280 and McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
There's some weird-arse songs in the genre though, like I listened to Pigface - Suck and Non-Agression Pact - Propaganda..including anything that's made by Mindless Self Indulgence and it was just...out there.

I love this one though.

Oh for sure. MSI and that side of industrial loses me very quickly with how strange they get. Ministry occasionally strays too far into that territory too, I tend to only really revisit their more "metal" albums.

That song's pretty good, I like it when industrial has that kind of underlying beat driving it all the way through the song.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm so pumped for that one. I think it's next month? Either way, the singles rip, if the whole album is like that it could be even better than the last one.

Lamb of God singles? You mean cover songs? I thought they did that a couple of years back, no?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
With the free coronavirus Tinder passport I've learned today that North American Tinder is uhh... not Finnish Tinder.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's interesting, IIRC there was a stat that said ~15-20% of the women get 80-90% of the likes, whereas for men ~8% got 80-90% of the likes. Females have to deal with more creepers, but I can see if some guys have zero success they'd just say 'f*** it'.
Oh yeah, I gave up on online dating long ago. Barely got a dozen damn matches in 8 months of trying. Just like in real life, women can always do better.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
But the landscapes are beautiful, and the shine is legit.
Lol, Yeah, that is the truth. I should stay positive. The scenery around here isn't bad at all and the people are pretty nice in general. I think I just miss the West when it all comes down to it.

They did used to have a bar here in Boone where they had this back patio you could drink on. If you asked around on this patio you could find damned near anything you'd want including great moonshine in a mason jar. They have different flavors of it around here.

The joke running around now was that if you had ever been to this bar it was so disgusting you should be immune to pretty much damned near everything including Covid-19.

It was an institution for years but it recently closed down.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Lol, Yeah, that is the truth. I should stay positive. The scenery around here isn't bad at all and the people are pretty nice in general. I think I just miss the West when it all comes down to it.

They did used to have a bar here in Boone where they had this back patio you could drink on. If you asked around on this patio you could find damned near anything you'd want including great moonshine in a mason jar. They have different flavors of it around here.

The joke running around was that if you had ever been to this bar it was so disgusting you should be immune to pretty much damned near everything including Covid-19.

It was an institution for years but it recently closed down.

I've only been through Boone a couple times... absolutely beautiful, but I'm not sure I could live there long term. Still a little too much Deliverance in the surrounding area. :laugh:

Asheville and the surrounding area are a lot more gentrified, but a little less like I'll get raped in the woods sort of vibe. :sarcasm:

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Who cares how old she is? She's also apparently one of the more competent world leaders around, certainly better than the goddamned drug-addled trainwreck running our nation. And hot is hot.

On a side note, I feel bad for women on dating sites. You think it's bad for the guys? I remember back in 2006 or so I met a girl at Paris on the Platte via Match and she showed me the guys "winking" at her profile. Holy motherf***ing shit, there are some real creepers out there. At least two of them were sporting profile pics in speedos. And this is waaaay before social media and Tinder, so I don't know how it is now but back then the guys outnumbered the girls like 8 to 1.
I remember I though I had “arrived” when I first made it to POTP. All of my “cool” friends used to hang out there. This was before we could go to bars.

We used to go to the Grizzly Rose on Sunday’s, too.

Reactions: Pokecheque

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I've only been through Boone a couple times... absolutely beautiful, but I'm not sure I could live there long term. Still a little too much Deliverance in the surrounding area. :laugh:

Asheville and the surrounding area are a lot more gentrified, but a little less like I'll get raped in the woods sort of vibe. :sarcasm:
Hahaha, that’s about it. They don’t like fereners around here too much. It’s pretty much a college town any more, though, so it’s not too too bad.

Asheville’s actually a pretty cool area these days. It had a revitalization starting about 10 years ago. It has great beer, music and food scenes. Lots of outdoor thing to do, great rivers and hiking/mountain biking too.

I go there anytime I have the chance.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hahaha, that’s about it. They don’t like fereners around here too much. It’s pretty much a college town any more, though, so it’s not too too bad.

Asheville’s actually a pretty cool area these days. It had a revitalization starting about 10 years ago. It has great beer, music and food scenes. Lots of outdoor thing to do, great rivers and hiking/mountain biking too.

I go there anytime I have the chance.

Luckily (or not?) my wife is from Radford, so I could latch onto her backwoods heritage!

Yeah I really like Asheville and surrounding areas like Mills River and Black Mountain... beautiful and a just a nice overall area. Might even find my way to live there one day... or make it back to Idaho. Both are getting stupid expensive though.

Reactions: 5280

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Luckily (or not?) my wife is from Radford, so I could latch onto her backwoods heritage!

Yeah I really like Asheville and surrounding areas like Mills River and Black Mountain... beautiful and a just a nice overall area. Might even find my way to live there one day... or make it back to Idaho. Both are getting stupid expensive though.
All that area is really nice. I go mountain biking in Brevard and can’t complain at all.

I do feel like that Russian defector in The Hunt for Red October who just wants to go to Montana, though. For some reason I just want to go there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad