OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Not disagreeing, but they got a surge of popularity in the mid 2000s as well causing Slipknot fans to appreciate them. What are some of your favourites by them?
Yeah, and deservedly because of With Teeth.

Well, today I listened to Every Day Is Exactly the Same, because it's the most relatable song made. Then I just let With Teeth roll for a bit, it's a pretty good album. But then I listened to The Downward Spiral... Songs like Piggy and especially Heresy. Corny mid-90's-ness is definitely key in the experience. Like with Marilyn Manson.

Reactions: Pokecheque

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, and deservedly because of With Teeth.

Well, today I listened to Every Day Is Exactly the Same, because it's the most relatable song made. Then I just let With Teeth roll for a bit, it's a pretty good album. But then I listened to The Downward Spiral... Songs like Piggy and especially Heresy. Corny mid-90's-ness is definitely key in the experience. Like with Marilyn Manson.
Thanks. Here is a song that you'll probably like which is similar.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn. Gameplay was severely lacking big time with invisible walls, insane bullet-sponge enemies that could leap across an entire battlefield with one jump, rigid movement, and really tedious/stupid quests. But holy smokes that had to be one of the most satisfying storylines, settings, and multiple characteristic designs' I've played in a video game.

Would play again even with all the issues just to relive the main storyline one more time.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I found one of these shirts that Bubba likes.

EVW-DSAWsAA_ZOf

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Old news, but the creator of Chernobyl is working with HBO on a Last of Us series. I liked the game and I like HBO so I'm really hoping they'll do a good job.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's been a good year for metal so far. I'm sure nobody gives a damn but I'm bored as shit. Here's some of the best things I've heard so far.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah, we're nowhere near that level of disaster though thank God.

The good news, I guess, is that Chernobyl was not only the worst nuclear meltdown of all time, it's also apparently the worst a nuclear meltdown could possibly get. So we'll never have anything worse than that one...which I suppose is somewhat comforting.

They showed photos of people, animals, and trees still living in the area. Some crazy post-apocalyptic shit right there.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The good news, I guess, is that Chernobyl was not only the worst nuclear meltdown of all time, it's also apparently the worst a nuclear meltdown could possibly get. So we'll never have anything worse than that one...which I suppose is somewhat comforting.

They showed photos of people, animals, and trees still living in the area. Some crazy post-apocalyptic shit right there.
I mean it coulda been WAY worse if certain heroic acts weren't done. If those parts are accurate that is. I'm still only on episode 3 but it's awesome so far.

I also like that we're allowed to say shit now.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It's been a good year for metal so far. I'm sure nobody gives a damn but I'm bored as shit. Here's some of the best things I've heard so far.

Vocalist has a pretty good voice. Pretty good abs, too. :D

I just noticed that Sacred Reich put out a new album in 2019.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Vocalist has a pretty good voice. Pretty good abs, too. :D

I just noticed that Sacred Reich put out a new album in 2019.
Yeah, I really like the power in her voice. Reminds me a bit of Brittany Hayes, in that she seems to naturally sing in the contralto range and uses the same techniques male vocalists use to hit the really high notes. It tends to give the performance a weight and heft that you don't often see with female vocalists in metal who generally fall into the soprano range.

It's been one of my biggest surprises of the year after randomly stumbling onto it a month ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $950.00