OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh yeah, I gave up on online dating long ago. Barely got a dozen damn matches in 8 months of trying. Just like in real life, women can always do better.

Yeah, I was at that point after a string of failures (I'm actually still friends with two of the girls I met on there) but then I eventually met my wife on there. Can't say it works that way with everyone--times change and that was 13 years ago--but I certainly remember the frustration with online dating.

Hell, ANY form of dating tends to be pretty frustrating.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yeah, I was at that point after a string of failures (I'm actually still friends with two of the girls I met on there) but then I eventually met my wife on there. Can't say it works that way with everyone--times change and that was 13 years ago--but I certainly remember the frustration with online dating.

Yup, lots of people don't know what they want or just love the chase.

Before I met my current girlfriend, I had a few frustrating matches. One in particular I went on a couple of dates with them, had really good conversation and a great time. She went on a trip to Europe a week after our few dates and was sending me photos/messages the entire time. She got back and I wanted to take her on a proper date, and she messaged this wall of text stating 'i'm not looking for anything serious but would love to continue seeing you'. I noped out of that, but I always wondered why those people are on dating apps.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Random ass nostalgia question. Anyone here collect hockey cards back in the day and remember these:

upload_2020-4-18_9-50-6.jpeg

upload_2020-4-18_9-50-40.jpeg

upload_2020-4-18_9-51-45.jpeg

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The jersey one is much more common but they started doing the stick and puck ones too at the same time

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
There's a sale in the eShop so I bought an SD card, and I bought Breath of the Wild, and I bought Civilization VI, and I bought Unravel Two... I'm starting to think this wasn't a great financial investment as something to get because I'm kind of bored sometimes.

Reactions: Murzu

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I'm probably older than most of you, and I became single a few years ago, after many years of marriage.

I've had an absolute blast dating. Yeah, there was a crazy one here and there, but overall, it's been a hell of a lot of fun. I suspect there is a correlation between frustration and expectations.

FWIW, zero online dating.

Reactions: Pokecheque and 5280

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
If I was relocating to Denver and wanted to be around other young professionals, bars and close to the arena to see games, what would be the best street / neighborhoods to look at?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm probably older than most of you, and I became single a few years ago, after many years of marriage.

I've had an absolute blast dating. Yeah, there was a crazy one here and there, but overall, it's been a hell of a lot of fun. I suspect there is a correlation between frustration and expectations.

FWIW, zero online dating.
I would say being older than someone like me is going to help. Y'all messed up housing and "Millennials" messed up dating.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If I was relocating to Denver and wanted to be around other young professionals, bars and close to the arena to see games, what would be the best street / neighborhoods to look at?
RiNo is the new kind of happening area. It's in the north part of downtown Denver and has tons of bars/food and is 5-10 minutes from the Pepsi Center and Coors Field. If you wanted more of a suburban area, University Hills over by DU is a great spot as well.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Going through all of Sergio Leones movies (except the debut which wasn't really his baby and by all accounts is a terrible movie). He didn't make that many. Just seven movies in all. They still hold up really well.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly still is the best western movie ever made and Once Upon a Time in the West isn't far behind.

I've seen Once Upon a Time in America a long time ago, but I don't think it was the directors cut, but it's a somewhat forgotten gem. Perhaps the Godfather movies and Goodfellas squeezed it a bit.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Active shooter just taken down outside my hometown. Apparently he bought an old police car at auction, updated it to look legit and made his own police uniform.

Few people injured, no news yet about fatalities. Freaky, stuff like this never happens around here.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Active shooter just taken down outside my hometown. Apparently he bought an old police car at auction, updated it to look legit and made his own police uniform.

Few people injured, no news yet about fatalities. Freaky, stuff like this never happens around here.
Holy shit... that’s horrible.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

I know an RCMP officer from kind of near the area and he posted the picture of the police mourning ribbon on his social media. Unfortunately I think police officer may have been killed in the exchange.

There is also several photos and a video circulating on local social media groups that make me think at least 2 people have been seriously injured or killed. Unclear if the suspect is either of them.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I know an RCMP officer from kind of near the area and he posted the picture of the police mourning ribbon on his social media. Unfortunately I think police officer may have been killed in the exchange.

There is also several photos and a video circulating on local social media groups that make me think at least 2 people have been seriously injured or killed. Unclear if the suspect is either of them.
I heard similar as well, and he's currently in custody so I doubt it's him.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
S3E1 of Seinfeld, and George has been replaced by Andrei Minorov. God, imagine being an adult when this was first broadcast and finding it funny.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
S3E1 of Seinfeld, and George has been replaced by Andrei Minorov. God, imagine being an adult when this was first broadcast and finding it funny.
I grew up on Seinfeld. So many idioms of my generation came from Seinfeld. I find it funny although I wasn’t a diehard like some of my other friends. I’m surprised you aren’t enjoying it, though, tbh. Maybe it hasn’t aged well.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, I got Animal Crossing. It's downloading. You guys PM me your whatever-it-is-you-need, and I'll come mine your island if I can figure it out.

E: Aww, I tried to name my island Bell End, and it wouldn't let me.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Abusement Park

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thoughts and prayers with my NS fam. Plenty of real life family along with all you on here ❤️

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well, I got Animal Crossing. It's downloading. You guys PM me your whatever-it-is-you-need, and I'll come mine your island if I can figure it out.

E: Aww, I tried to name my island Bell End, and it wouldn't let me.
My girlfriend named her island Wu Tang... lol

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Definitely. Apparently he went house to house shooting people. What the f*** is wrong with people.
Yea I heard his ex-wife and her bf were among the dead. Sounds like some people may have been targeted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad