OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yea I heard his ex-wife and her bf were among the dead. Sounds like some people may have been targeted.
I heard similar, also some darker storied victims BUT it was hardly a reliable source so I'm not putting any stock into it.

Horrible situation all around. On its way to being worse than the Montreal womens college massacre in the 80s.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I heard similar, also some darker storied victims BUT it was hardly a reliable source so I'm not putting any stock into it.

Horrible situation all around. On its way to being worse than the Montreal womens college massacre in the 80s.
It's depressing. Sounds like the number could keep rising as they clear all the burned property. In 12 hours this guy managed to kill twice as many people than coronavirus killed in the entire province.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's depressing. Sounds like the number could keep rising as they clear all the burned property. In 12 hours this guy managed to kill twice as many people than coronavirus killed in the entire province.
I have no idea where the final number will land but I won't be surprised to get it over 20.

Dressed up as a cop, went door to door killing, burned down homes, murdered his ex wife and god knows how many people.

Like what the f***.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I have no idea where the final number will land but I won't be surprised to get it over 20.

Dressed up as a cop, went door to door killing, burned down homes, murdered his ex wife and god knows how many people.

Like what the f***.
I haven't been to Portapique in 3-4 years. It's such a small community. I can't even image what locals are going though.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008

Ugh. I think I just heard the darker stuff. If what I'm hearing is true then that is more sickening then I ever thought was possible.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ugh. I think I just heard the darker stuff. If what I'm hearing is true then that is more sickening then I ever thought was possible.

Not confirmed but I'm reading that he was stopping random cars and gunning down occupants. Is that what you heard too?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I have a reliable source. This was pre-planned, he spent over $70,000 in ammunition + gear spread over roughly a year.

The shooter went to his ex's house, killed the whole family (including the children). The neighbor heard what happened and called 911, he noticed her calling and shot her/burned down the house. the RCMP officer (2 years from retirement) went to the scene and had her guard down as the shooter was in the RCMP uniform/vehicle and he killed her. I don't have the exact details of what happened afterwards though.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I have a reliable source. This was pre-planned, he spent over $70,000 in ammunition + gear spread over roughly a year.

The shooter went to his ex's house, killed the whole family (including the children). The neighbor heard what happened and called 911, he noticed her calling and shot her/burned down the house. the RCMP officer (2 years from retirement) went to the scene and had her guard down as the shooter was in the RCMP uniform/vehicle and he killed her. I don't have the exact details of what happened afterwards though.
If that's true, this is so f***ed up. I heard he may have killed his own daughter and her boyfriend, along with the family dog. Or her dog? A dog anyways.

I don't like to speculate right after something like this but everything I hear is damn disturbing.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
What I heard was he went to the ex's house tied the ex and her bf to a tree and executed them in front of the kids. Kids ran to the neighbors house and he killed the neighbor too. Not sure about the kids. Burned one or both of the houses. Started pulling over random civilians and killing them. The RCMP officer who was killed made his car and rammed it. He shot her in the chest, dragged her our of her car and shot her in the face. Stole her weapon and gear. He was later ID'd by police at a gas station when he went to fill up and they killed him there.

I really hope some of that isn't true.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
What I heard was he went to the ex's house tied the ex and her bf to a tree and executed them in front of the kids. Kids ran to the neighbors house and he killed the neighbor too. Not sure about the kids. Burned one or both of the houses. Started pulling over random civilians and killing them. The RCMP officer who was killed made his car and rammed it. He shot her in the chest, dragged her our of her car and shot her in the face. Stole her weapon and gear. He was later ID'd by police at a gas station when he went to fill up and they killed him there.

I really hope some of that isn't true.
I heard similar. Never in my life did I think in little bum f*** Nova Scotia would something like this happen.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I cannot believe this happened in NS man. I know we hear stories like this all the time and none are more significant/insignificant than the others but it’s just so foreign to us in this part of the world. MAYBE once a year you hear of a murder of the domestic type or something like that and those cases get dragged through the media for months and months because it’s such an extreme case. The Moncton Rambo guy a few years ago was the craziest to this point (I think) and that was just 3 people killed. This is just bananas.

What’s crazy is that we still don’t know of how many because of the self isolating. It’s not like people are visiting friends/family. There have probably been some victims who nobody even knows about.

Reactions: Foppberg

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I cannot believe this happened in NS man. I know we hear stories like this all the time and none are more significant/insignificant than the others but it’s just so foreign to us in this part of the world. MAYBE once a year you hear of a murder of the domestic type or something like that and those cases get dragged through the media for months and months because it’s such an extreme case. The Moncton Rambo guy a few years ago was the craziest to this point (I think) and that was just 3 people killed. This is just bananas.

What’s crazy is that we still don’t know of how many because of the self isolating. It’s not like people are visiting friends/family. There have probably been some victims who nobody even knows about.
It's unbelievable. Everyone has put Covid on the backburner and that's all anyone is talking about. I texted one of my friends yesterday and I still haven't heard back and they work in the Truro area.. He's bad for not responding right away but c'mon you f***.

This guy was planning it for a long time. Not like he's an idiot, he's a denturist along with being a certified electrician. If there's one silver lining in Covid its that even more people probably would have died.

More than 19 people dead with more than 16 different crime scenes spread across 70km.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
We might see $1 oil today... Frankly I'm a pretty heavy green energy pusher, but my god. That is going to devastate a lot of households in the US and Canada.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We might see $1 oil today... Frankly I'm a pretty heavy green energy pusher, but my god. That is going to devastate a lot of households in the US and Canada.

More proof that we need to not just go back to the way things were as soon as this thing if over with. There's a real opportunity here to invest in renewable energy and break the stranglehold of petroleum and coal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
More proof that we need to not just go back to the way things were as soon as this thing if over with. There's a real opportunity here to invest in renewable energy and break the stranglehold of petroleum and coal.

I think this will do the opposite in the short term. Oil being incredibly cheap in a time of economic recession will keep it more popular than when it is expensive in good times. Natural gas isn't dropping off the cliff like oil, but it has dropped in price enough to where it will keep those plants running strong and in most areas is now even cheaper compared to wind and solar. Coal is already dead, so it is a non starter. I'm expecting the gov't to step in and subsidize oil even further to keep that industry afloat, natural gas producers will probably get a side benefit. Given the current US administration's hate for wind and solar, I doubt they will get assistance. I agree it would be the right move, but I very much doubt it will be the move that happens.

Reactions: McMetal

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think this will do the opposite in the short term. Oil being incredibly cheap in a time of economic recession will keep it more popular than when it is expensive in good times. Natural gas isn't dropping off the cliff like oil, but it has dropped in price enough to where it will keep those plants running strong and in most areas is now even cheaper compared to wind and solar. Coal is already dead, so it is a non starter. I'm expecting the gov't to step in and subsidize oil even further to keep that industry afloat, natural gas producers will probably get a side benefit. Given the current US administration's hate for wind and solar, I doubt they will get assistance. I agree it would be the right move, but I very much doubt it will be the move that happens.

Totally agree, people will go RUSHING back to normality and then some once this pandemic is back under control, and to a point, that's totally understandable. I just wish, long term, that people would look at how quickly the environment bounced back when people weren't around to f*** with it, and conclude that it really isn't that hard to make sensible choices in that regard. But...that may just be a pie-in-the-sky notion.

Reactions: McMetal

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Totally agree, people will go RUSHING back to normality and then some once this pandemic is back under control, and to a point, that's totally understandable. I just wish, long term, that people would look at how quickly the environment bounced back when people weren't around to f*** with it, and conclude that it really isn't that hard to make sensible choices in that regard. But...that may just be a pie-in-the-sky notion.

I would hope for a lot of positive changes to come from this (I'd hope for more green energy, EVs, teleworking, better health care spending, push for savings, etc), but the fallout is going to be so vast, that just finding a semblance of normalcy will be what people strive for.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
With the free coronavirus Tinder passport I've learned today that North American Tinder is uhh... not Finnish Tinder.
Finally checked out Finnish Tinder today. I knew I shouldn’t have. Every girl is an 8 or better.

I was surprised, but Nottingham, England wasn’t shabby at all either...

Condolences to the people in NS, too. I grew up not too far from Columbine in Colorado and was around when it happened. It’s definitely a WTF? moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAZ

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I work in oil and gas. It’s brutal right now.

Hench is 100% right - oil being $1 is going to hurt the advancement of green energy more than it will improve it.

one caveat to that though - oil and gas profits have been drying up like crazy and that’s going to have a monster effect on their ability to lobby and fund political activities on their behalf. But it’s going to take years of no profits to do that.

I’m kind of nervous that we’ll never get to green energy though. There’s some stats out there that Americans own 1.5 cars per household where places like India have 5x our population and only 0.5 cars at most per household. As those countries develop they’re going to need energy. A lot of solar/wind has just met increased worldwide demand. The other thing that needs to change is government’s willingness to produce the raw materials for these sources. California is a gold mine of some rare earth materials needed for the green industry but you can bet the whackos there will never approver for it to be extracted (it’s a dirty dirty process).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yup... if designed properly, green energy can fill a full baseline of energy now (would have to include hyrdo/geothermal), but peaks and the subsequent valleys are the real issue in transferring the large portions of the grid to renewables. There are sections of the peaks and valleys that can be handled with our current storage technologies. Some peaker plants are being replaced with battery storage in areas that have an excess of available energy during other times. California and Australia have had some large successes, but there isn't the bandwidth yet with the current raw materials to implement it at a scale that is need to to transition to full renewables via battery technology. Which is why pumped hydro storage is by far the huge leader in energy storage, and will be key for a large transition. It can be naturally unpopular (simply because of the type of terrain it requires), but it is simple and relatively efficient.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Battery technology needs to come a long way before green energy can ever hope to take over too.
That's why we need to head back to the moon. There are some interesting articles about an isotope version of hydrogen known as helium-3 which can be converted to a proper source of energy. However, this isotope is not radioactive and has shown to have all the traits for a good source of nuclear energy. I really think nuclear energy is the future (along with magnetism), but not really fission which a lot of the reactors use the principles behind currently, but fusion is the way to go for the future. The problem though is no nuclear reactor right now can control the vast amount of energy that is initially released during a fusion process. It might be attainable as time goes on, but it's still very much concepts at this point. As for the point of electromagnetic potential, it's the ability to make public transportation have the reliability and speed where using a car is considered useless for a decent sized roadtrip.

Mining on the Moon for Renewable Energy
Mining The Moon - Rare Minerals - Helium 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad