OT: The Avalounge: Steamed Hams, despite the fact they are obviously grilled

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Db5u6skW0AALsBp.jpg

Third Eye Blind made albums in 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019. Think about that.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Whoops, thanks for the heads-up, @UncleRisto.

Posted in the previous lounge thread that I just ran into Calvert & Burakovsky at the Chipotle by my house. That was kinda cool. Calvert was eating with his wife, so I didn't interrupt him or ask him for an autograph, or anything. Burky went in after I left. To add, Burky is pretty tall but not as super thin as I imagined after watching him on the ice.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't want to hijack the Stanley Cup parade thread with my nonsense so I'll just ponder about this here.
Once they realize that Santa is make believe, they tend to question whether Christ is real.
Usually these don't attract a lot of discussion but since we were on "do you believe?". I think the future/new parents of my generation from Finland's national passive Lutheran upbringing are going to have interesting decisions to make regarding this with their children.

I think people might have more of their kids go through Christian schooling and tradition fully acknowledging from an early age that they're dealing with mythology.

So anyway...

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I got a notification today letting me know I received the "Lifer " award for being here 15 years. That's over half my life. I don't need to keep a diary, I can just go back and read old posts to know what I sounded like as a 14 year-old.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I got a notification today letting me know I received the "Lifer " award for being here 15 years. That's over half my life. I don't need to keep a diary, I can just go back and read old posts to know what I sounded like as a 14 year-old.
I wouldn't want to read things I wrote here three weeks ago.

(And neither does anybody else.)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah undoubtedly you've heard Roxette a million times and never realized it. Especially if you grew up in a household where your mom watched Pretty Woman on repeat. I swear It Must Have Been Love played a million times over and over.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah undoubtedly you've heard Roxette a million times and never realized it. Especially if you grew up in a household where your mom watched Pretty Woman on repeat. I swear It Must Have Been Love played a million times over and over.
I grew up in a household where Roxette kind of music was what I was raised with so :laugh: My parents are pretty ignorant when it comes to music outside of the 70s/80s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad