Proposal: The annual BOS needs a 2nd line RW thread

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Lol just screwing around.

thought Toronto should’ve aimed for a Carlo type when they traded Kadri actually. Who had some term left preferably.

Boston probably would make a good partner with Toronto but ya. The past several Toronto-Boston deals have ended up pretty lopsided
Could be worse I suppose. At least you didnt trade Kessel, get back top picks, select Seguin and Hamilton, trade them, and get next nothing in return. Oh...

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Lol thought it fits a need for both teams, regardless dont see the Leafs and Bruins trading with eachother

Well, it doesn't really fit the Bruins needs. I am pretty sure that they value Carlo very highly and consider him a core player on the team. He was tops in the league in some very important defensive categories last year. He is the future shut down defender for the Bruins and is replacing that part of Chara's game. Sorry, but I don't think the Bruins would consider that.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Seguin single handily won them one of them games in the Tampa series that went 7...

Anyway, lets not go off topic here.
We can go off-topic. Seguin was nothing special in those playoffs. People jump on star players for similar production. Nevertheless is was an awful trade for the Bruins when he was dealt.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Could be worse I suppose. At least you didnt trade Kessel, get back top picks, select Seguin and Hamilton, trade them, and get next nothing in return. Oh...

At least be a little accurate and mention the 30 goal scorer they got. They have 3 prospects as well, one of which would be on most teams top 6 D but the Bruins have such D depth that they are leaving him in the AHL. They also have one of the fastest forwards that they have ever drafted who would also be on half the NHL rosters out there and a solid, all around forward who is probably a bottom 6 guy. It should have been better but it wasn't.

At least they have the goaltender with the most wins ever drafted by the Maple Leafs who got 39 wins from the goaltender they got in return.;)

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
At least be a little accurate and mention the 30 goal scorer they got. They have 3 prospects as well, one of which would be on most teams top 6 D but the Bruins have such D depth that they are leaving him in the AHL. They also have one of the fastest forwards that they have ever drafted who would also be on half the NHL rosters out there and a solid, all around forward who is probably a bottom 6 guy. It should have been better but it wasn't.

At least they have the goaltender with the most wins ever drafted by the Maple Leafs who got 39 wins from the goaltender they got in return.;)
I'm not even talking trash here, at all. Those were awful trades by an awful GM. They don't need to be justified. I know a bad GM when I see one and bad trades too as a Leafs fan.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Guys get off the idea of Carlo being moved,not going anywhere especially too Toronto The Bruins have been chasing a RW for ever,and will continue that journey until they can get front office that can get creative and think outside the box.They also have a fear of being wrong and then getting criticized ,they like to take the safe path. The clock is ticking on this team and it is sad they are wasting a strong core of players on this roster.

Reactions: bbfan419

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Vegas has Brandon Pirri, who they on/off use, when ever they have too many injured forwards
he is a quality goal scorer, good special teams player. - a full season in the 2nd line, with quality players - 20-30 goal guy

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not even talking trash here, at all. Those were awful trades by an awful GM. They don't need to be justified. I know a bad GM when I see one and bad trades too as a Leafs fan.

A bad GM doesn't build a cup contender like Sweeney did. He moved Hamilton for a reason. He didn't want to play for the Bruins. He was a young single guy and everyone else was married, he felt out of place, at least that is what Hamilton said. The trade was fine, the picks weren't the best probably but then at the same time he has made some fantastic picks. They had enough picks where they took maybe one chance too many and that made it not a good deal. I have no problem with the job Sweeney has done. I think he has been at least good GM. Even Chiarelli wasn't all bad. He had a great beginning and then he burned the team down lol. Even the Seguin trade only bothered me a little bit because Seguin was absolutely pathetic in the playoffs the year before. Teams don't win when your leading scorer from the regular season has one single goal in 22 games.

I think being a GM is not as easy as people like to make it out to be. Even on trades that turn out bad I don't think anyone is trying to really destroy the other GM. They want to continue to make trades when they need to after all. I have seen interviews with GMs where the talk directly about that and about being on the side of the team that wins a trade big. That isn't even their intention almost all of the time, the just want to improve their club and pay the appropriate price. The Leafs traded Rask when he was years away from making an impact because they wanted a goaltender right then and he had won the Calder trophy the year before. Nobody on either side of that trade thought it would work out as it has.

The fact is still that the Bruins did get a 30 goal scorer for Seguin but he got injured and spent about two years getting back up to speed after missing a part of another season. If he had 3 30 goal seasons I think people would look at that differently. He was better in the playoffs than Seguin was even though he was recovering from a concussion. Ufortunately after that Chiarelli had mortgaged the future for that year and they didn't make the playoffs for the rest of Chiarelli's time in Boston. The Bruins also got 3 prospects for Hamilton and they are all still in the system and Lauzon looks like a top 4 D and I would say that he is NHL ready right now. I think that is pretty far from the "next to nothing" that you said they got. Don't mistake that for me saying it was a good deal, it wasn't but it also wasn't what you said it was.

Reactions: Bocephus86

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
In addition to/instead of Strome, we also have Buchnevich, for the right price.

plays either W
interest?

Buchnevich is totally solid, but Bruins seem to value proper handedness a lot. These guys that can play both sides keep getting pushed to their strong side by Cassidy.

Looking for a right shot RW. And for long term cap reasons, probably someone of the rental variety. Its too early for the rental market, but names like Toffoli or Palmeri make sense assuming things on the team and across the league don't change much between now and the deadline. Which it always does.

Reactions: bernmeister

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
I wouldn't dish Carlo to Toronto for virtually anyone outside of their untouchables. Carlo on that roster makes them a cup favorite because he would prop up that defensive core in such a huge way.

Would've dished him for Landeskog back in the day when that was available, but oh well.

I'd say the answer to the RW riddle (or at least a stop-gap until we can find something more favorable not named Brett Ritchie) is Bjork or Steen. The latter needs more seasoning, though.

Reactions: bbfan419

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What are you taking about? He’s playing in the AHL this year on Providence and has played 4 games.

Jeremy Lauzon's younger brother, Zachary, retired this summer due to concussion related issues.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As was said earlier. Coyle can be a good #2 RW, though I would hesitate to move him out of the C spot, as he is well equipped to play there. Sooner or later Studnicka or Frederic should be ready to play a bottom six C to take Coyle's place, though Coyle might need to play #2C before you know it.

Reactions: wintersej

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Nick Bjugstad is your guy. Nothing wrong with him, just don't need him with the young guys we have.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
L. Eriksson 50% retained. Had success there before we signed him to be a top 6 guy and produce 60pts. Would Boston try to bring that chemistry back for 3m per year?

Can send us back Backes with retention and we add a pick or prospect maybe?

I knoe LE has no value, he needs to be dealt for another bad contract of similar cap hit. LE at least has a knowledge of the Bruins so its not as far fetched as a random team acquiring him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad