Proposal: The annual BOS needs a 2nd line RW thread

1021huss

Jan 26, 2010
First you have to keep Krejci on the ice for him to play with who you trade for. Rather trade him and sign Coyle long term move him up to second line center bring up Bjork.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What you need is Strome at a medium pace....

We’ll take back Backes but you’ll owe us some picks and or good prospects

Ryan strome or Chris Kreider

Isn't Strome happier in the middle?

I'll take Krieder or Palmeri, I think both could be had for a reasonable price. I feel like Palmeri style-wise would be a better fit for krejci.

Like I think I said earlier, Strome for a reasonable price works. Maybe a moderate discount down from his top market value.
Don't want to be ridiculously cheap w/quality of prospect if any, but pick(s) is/are fine, and NY gains cap relief and mins for other Fs.

Kreider doesn't strike me as a guy usually smooth on his off wing.
Could work fine if you move a guy already there to RW.

He is far from untouchable.
However, in addition to competitive bid, the top mark of CK's value is as an extended asset, not as an expiring rental.
It should be assumed that unless someone pays now as if that were the case, Rangers will not likely consider moving him. Namest was a big step in the right direction. Scraping up a bit mo $ w/1 or 2 mo moves and they have enough to extend.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
May not be the guy that comes first to mind from LA (Behind Kovalchuk and Toffoli) but what about a Carter for Backes + deal.

Carter has looked good on the wing this year (lots of great scoring chances just not going in yet, but the fear with him was he could no longer get there which he is doing) and can play center for games that Krejci misses from injury. The Bruins save a bit of cap the next 2 years and get rid of a guy making bank on the 4th line or in the presser. For the kings it would fully depend on the plus. Yes they would save 1 year of cap but the plus is what would sell it to the kings.

And no Carter never said he would retire if traded.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
May not be the guy that comes first to mind from LA (Behind Kovalchuk and Toffoli) but what about a Carter for Backes + deal.

Carter has looked good on the wing this year (lots of great scoring chances just not going in yet, but the fear with him was he could no longer get there which he is doing) and can play center for games that Krejci misses from injury. The Bruins save a bit of cap the next 2 years and get rid of a guy making bank on the 4th line or in the presser. For the kings it would fully depend on the plus. Yes they would save 1 year of cap but the plus is what would sell it to the kings.

And no Carter never said he would retire if traded.

LA gets out from under the deal a year earlier. I think any plus would be very small. It's an interesting thought.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
But what if everyone brings it up every year and offers you a collection of bottom 6 forwards and D prospects you don't need?
Well, then, I'll just have to deal with those folks.

onfire.gif

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Does Kaše strike your fancy at all? Ducks need RD more than anything, and while McAvoy is the unobtainable, Carlo would certainly improve their defense corps for the long term.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
If CBJ don't make the playoff, I would like to see the Bruins go after a guy like Cam Atkinson at the trade dead line.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I have come around on my wish to get kovalchuk... sadly that cap hit is a non starter

I also worry kovalchuk might really suck despite his hot start... a trade would have to be a bit conditional on performance

to make the cap work... I need LA to take backes but that wouldnt be enough
throw in a second round pick to pay LA for taking backes...

I would want to exchange kevan miller for kyle Clifford. move an unneeded depth dman for a physical element that can take backes place in playoff lineup...

but then the question... what do we pay for kovalchuk? i think kovalchuk at full price has negative value... but i need LA to eat 1/2 the contract...

if kovalchuk scores more than 20 goals this year... boston gives up their 2021 first round pick... if not the pick is a second rounder

and I will throw peter cehlarik into the deal. with a fresh start and a new coach to impress he will get some nhl games

LA is more than welcome to resign Clifford after this season if they value his character.

Basically all they really lose is kovalchuk next year and some cap space... for 2 seconds and prospect a lot of us bruin fans think can be a pretty decent 3rd liner.

boston gets a guy able to play rw that I personally think would bring out the best in debrusk... and who I think would be a massive upgrade asset for the second pp unit. it hurts our cap situation a bit next year and clogs the opportunity for an elc kid to get a chance... but we are a win-now team.

its a good move for us

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Does Kaše strike your fancy at all? Ducks need RD more than anything, and while McAvoy is the unobtainable, Carlo would certainly improve their defense corps for the long term.

can have kevan miller... likely no higher than a 3rd... similar to mcquaids trade value

hes looking close to a return sometime in november

member 88115

I have come around on my wish to get kovalchuk... sadly that cap hit is a non starter

I also worry kovalchuk might really suck despite his hot start... a trade would have to be a bit conditional on performance

to make the cap work... I need LA to take backes but that wouldnt be enough
throw in a second round pick to pay LA for taking backes...

I would want to exchange kevan miller for kyle Clifford. move an unneeded depth dman for a physical element that can take backes place in playoff lineup...

but then the question... what do we pay for kovalchuk? i think kovalchuk at full price has negative value... but i need LA to eat 1/2 the contract...

if kovalchuk scores more than 20 goals this year... boston gives up their 2021 first round pick... if not the pick is a second rounder

and I will throw peter cehlarik into the deal. with a fresh start and a new coach to impress he will get some nhl games

LA is more than welcome to resign Clifford after this season if they value his character.

Basically all they really lose is kovalchuk next year and some cap space... for 2 seconds and prospect a lot of us bruin fans think can be a pretty decent 3rd liner.

boston gets a guy able to play rw that I personally think would bring out the best in debrusk... and who I think would be a massive upgrade asset for the second pp unit. it hurts our cap situation a bit next year and clogs the opportunity for an elc kid to get a chance... but we are a win-now team.

its a good move for us
This trade is borderline horrible for LA. LA does not need Miller as we have younger and more physical player in MacDermid. Backes should at least come with 1st round pick from Boston. Kovy for 3rd round pick, sure

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
This trade is borderline horrible for LA. LA does not need Miller as we have younger and more physical player in MacDermid. Backes should at least come with 1st round pick from Boston. Kovy for 3rd round pick, sure

well... I did say LA ends up with a first and a second if kovy can score 20... 2 seconds if he cant... characterising it as horrible seems a bit harsh

honestly when teams are tanking and trying to develop kids... doing so can be a path to disaster. its important to have vets who can lead/protect the kids. kevan miller is about as good a team mate as you are going to find as far as someone who is there after every scrum and answering the bell if a show of team unity is needed

backes too...

I understand Clifford is like that too... thats why im asking for him back because boston cant trade away backes and miller without missing them. all teams need a character backbone.

I just think boston needs someone like kovalchuk for a playoff run and could get by with Clifford instead of backes/miller. for that im willing to give up a first and second {but if kovalchuk plays like last year than this would be a very bad trade for boston}

Toronto gave up a first to move marleau because Carolina was buying out the contract. boston is sending LA a guy who gets paid less real dollars and actually is a valued character leader/defensively sound bottom 6 guy... Carolina wants to contend now and was giving up its cap space... LA is in a rebuild.

not saying you need to love my proposal but I think you miss some of the finer points if you are calling it horrible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad