Proposal: The annual BOS needs a 2nd line RW thread

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Anyone out there available who can potentially fit with Debrusk and Krejci? 2nd line RW is the team’s only real weakness.

Bruins have massive depth on D with at least 9 NHL calibre D-men. It could be 11 if you count their 2 top D prospects (Vaakanainen and Lauzon) who would be playing in the NHL on many teams. Moore and Miller are currently injured. The team also has some good forward prospects (Studnicka, Beecher, Lauko, Steen).
You guys have David Backes.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Could the Penguins add something to Kahun and get a decent d prospect back?

Like Kahun+3rd for Lauzon or Zboril?

Reactions: PhilThrillPill

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I can definitely see him worth a second, but I'll disagree on the additional b prospect. Maybe a second and a 4th. I can't see him going for more than what Marcus Johansson went for last season.
I honestly think a low first in any other draft would be his value former 30 goal scorer Play on pk and led league in shortie showing hes a threat also 2 cup rings i respectfully disagree. This is a deep draft which is why i put it a little cheaper

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I feel pretty confident in saying that either Toffoli or Palmieri is gonna end up being a Bruin sometime around the trade Deadline

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Do the Bruins still have hope for Senshyn and Zboril, or would they consider moving them?

I think it's both.

The Bruins continue to develop and improve them. Zboril got a lot of opportunities in pre-season and looked good. Senyshyn was singled out as an option for 2RW before the season but got hurt and missed most of camp.

That said, they're not at the top of the Bruins prospect list. They are certainly available for the right deal. Everyone should be available.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I feel pretty confident in saying that either Toffoli or Palmieri is gonna end up being a Bruin sometime around the trade Deadline

Palmieri seems a likely target to me. They said during the B's/Devils game that he and Wagner have been friends since minors and live together in Boston during the off-season.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Anyone out there available who can potentially fit with Debrusk and Krejci? 2nd line RW is the team’s only real weakness.

Bruins have massive depth on D with at least 9 NHL calibre D-men. It could be 11 if you count their 2 top D prospects (Vaakanainen and Lauzon) who would be playing in the NHL on many teams. Moore and Miller are currently injured. The team also has some good forward prospects (Studnicka, Beecher, Lauko, Steen).
isn't coyle good enough ?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
He probably would be but then they’d need a 3rd line C badly. Coyle is also very good at C so they probably want to keep him there.
where is heinen playing then ? I guess its really top9 depth that they miss more than a pure top6 RW especially since they don't have the money for a real top6 player if they had 2 other fine player to play with heinen on the 3rd line coyle would be fine as 2nd RW

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
where is heinen playing then ? I guess its really top9 depth that they miss more than a pure top6 RW especially since they don't have the money for a real top6 player if they had 2 other fine player to play with heinen on the 3rd line coyle would be fine as 2nd RW

DeBrusk Krejci ???
Heinen Coyle ???

Is how they have been lining up. Kuhlman seems capable for one of those spots, but is really more of a bottom 6 talent. Backes and Ritchie are 4th liners are best.

They will see if Bjork, Senyshyn, Studnicka, Frederic, or Steen can force their way into the lineup over the season. Bjork seems the closest, but they have decided he is better over at LW. If not, they will make a trade.

No reason to make a trade now. Let the cap space build up and wait for prices to get lower than they are now.

Reactions: 57special

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
For another Cup run a #2Rw really is needed.

Midd6 is the only major weakness in the lineup.

Would really prefer someone u30.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Larger deal than previously suggested and I know it will likely be a no but here goes:

TML
Kapanen
Dermott
Holl

Bruins
Carlo
Ritchie
Cap dump around 700K

Why TML do this:
Gain size and defensive physical RHD to pair with Rielly. Ritchie again adds size and physical presence on third line where we are not so concerned with scoring.

Why Bruins do this:
Gain RW who can put up 40-50 points and drop 20 goals. Play PK and has speed for days on your second line. Dermott is a proven NHL D man who can play in your top 4 once healthy. Will add 20+ points in that expanded role. If we are looking to sign Muzzin, Dermott is the odd man out given that Rielly is our first pairing and Sandin represents the future. Holl is a serviceable 3rd pairing RHD who needs a fresh start as Babcock has been a tool with his deployment.

Helps both teams out regarding needs. I think Bruins win out on skill (scoring points) but leafs win on physicality. Thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad