Proposal: The annual BOS needs a 2nd line RW thread

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The Sabres are undefeated with the centerpiece of the Ryan O'Reilly trade - VLADIMIR THE GREAT SOBOTKA - as 2RW. Maybe you saw his surgical flip pass the last game?
You can have this amazing player for the low, low price of future considerations.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Palmieri seems a likely target to me. They said during the B's/Devils game that he and Wagner have been friends since minors and live together in Boston during the off-season.

Bert and Ernie?
Is it just me but does that not seem weird?

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Anyone out there available who can potentially fit with Debrusk and Krejci? 2nd line RW is the team’s only real weakness.

Bruins have massive depth on D with at least 9 NHL calibre D-men. It could be 11 if you count their 2 top D prospects (Vaakanainen and Lauzon) who would be playing in the NHL on many teams. Moore and Miller are currently injured. The team also has some good forward prospects (Studnicka, Beecher, Lauko, Steen).
Ryan strome or Chris Kreider

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Bryan Rust would be a perfect fit as a Bruin. Already won 2 cups but going to Boston I could see him breaking out for 45-50 points in reg season. He kept getting close with Pens but would get hurt and go cold. But even when not scoring hes adding solid forecheck...speed...good In own zone...etc.

And as I said..has the cup wins experience i think some of those Bruins players need added to their team. Brought in alot of young players at once having to rely too much on line 1

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I'll take Krieder or Palmeri, I think both could be had for a reasonable price. I feel like Palmeri style-wise would be a better fit for krejci.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I'm not even talking trash here, at all. Those were awful trades by an awful GM. They don't need to be justified. I know a bad GM when I see one and bad trades too as a Leafs fan.

hey cool. What does this have to do with the topic? You're obviously trolling. Please go away.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't understand why Bjork doesn't get an extended look in that spot. If he can't hang then you make a move for a veteran after Xmas.

Reactions: Estlin

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I don't understand why Bjork doesn't get an extended look in that spot. If he can't hang then you make a move for a veteran after Xmas.
He will. They wanted him to get some time in the AHL to get back up to speed after missing most of the last 2 seasons. He's had a great start down there, and probably is coming up sooner than later, especially with how lackluster backes & ritchie have been.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Zuccarello got a 2nd and 3rd. Heck, Mark Stone only got a 2nd and a good prospect.

The last time the Bruins had a prospect as good or better as the one Vegas got his name was Charlie McAvoy. Thats disingenuous.

Krieder scored as many goals last year as Zuccarello had in the last two years combined. So its a bad comparison. Even so, that 2nd for Zuccarello would have turned into a 1st if Dallas got anywhere in the playoffs.

Heck, remember Rick Nash?

The rental market is expensive. If you are patient you can get the "left over" like Marcus Johansson was on the cheap. Krieder has what a lot of teams will be looking for at the TDL. It won't be a bargain. It would be different if it was someone you would want to bring back. But man, he isn't at the age you are really looking for. And again... how many left wings to the Bruins need?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Zuccarello for Backes + Studnicka + maybe a 2nd/3rd?

I like Zuccarello, but that contract is going to be Backes contract all over again in a hot second.

Like the Wild, the Bruins BADLY need young centers. Even if it was fair, Bruins just have to overvalue their center prospects.

If the Bruins have to buy out Backes next summer, so be it. Buying him out this year would have been dumb because it was a bonus heavy year. Next year they can buy him out if there are no takers.

Reactions: bbfan419

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Minnesota is off to a terrible start & Ryan Donato's stock is probably down :)

Seriously though, I'd be interested in Tyler Toffoli. Maybe Backes, Senyshyn, Zboril and a pick

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I like Zuccarello, but that contract is going to be Backes contract all over again in a hot second.

Like the Wild, the Bruins BADLY need young centers. Even if it was fair, Bruins just have to overvalue their center prospects.

If the Bruins have to buy out Backes next summer, so be it. Buying him out this year would have been dumb because it was a bonus heavy year. Next year they can buy him out if there are no takers.

I guess it would depend on whether or not you felt you needed to kick your Cup window open just a little bit more for the near-term, when Marchand, Bergeron and Krecji are still playing well at 30+ years old and before there's more competition at the top of the East. Swapping out Backes for Zuccarello would do just that. If the idea is to lay the foundation for the transition away from the 30+ year olds and remain competitive, then standing pat would probably be the way to go.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
No need to discuss Zuccarello. He has a full 'no move clause' and goes nowhere unless he so desires.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I guess it would depend on whether or not you felt you needed to kick your Cup window open just a little bit more for the near-term, when Marchand, Bergeron and Krecji are still playing well at 30+ years old and before there's more competition at the top of the East. Swapping out Backes for Zuccarello would do just that. If the idea is to lay the foundation for the transition away from the 30+ year olds and remain competitive, then standing pat would probably be the way to go.

Oh I get ya, but why commit long term to Zuccarello instead of just renting a Toffoli and accomplishing the same thing? Would be nice to be able to retool around Pastrnak and McAvoy and not be saddled with long term contracts with over the hill players when the next class hits their prime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad