Proposal: The annual BOS needs a 2nd line RW thread

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Palmieri seems a likely target to me. They said during the B's/Devils game that he and Wagner have been friends since minors and live together in Boston during the off-season.

I highly doubt the Devils would be looking to trade Palmieri as

A) he is basically the only "natural" goal scorer they have
B) he is from NJ and one of the faces of the team

To get them to consider it, it would have to be around Carlo which I am sure you won't want to do.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
So using that line of logic the Leafs haven't made a good trade since 1967. :laugh:
11 more years and all the Leaf will be removed from the Stanley cup. Replacing expired rings on the cup to make room will be an eye opener if they do not win. Blues winning leaves the the Leafs the longest tenured team in the league without a cup.

I would rather have Eriksson than Backes in this lineup. My number one guy I like to have is Kreider, he has size and speed.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
We can go off-topic. Seguin was nothing special in those playoffs. People jump on star players for similar production. Nevertheless is was an awful trade for the Bruins when he was dealt.

Which has nothing to do with the thread topic?

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I was thinking a 3 way deal

To Vancouver

Ryan

To Ottawa

Backes
Beartschi
Senyshyn
Schaller
2020 2nd (BOS)

To Boston

Eriksson(50 % retained by Ottawa)

Ottawa actually saves money in this deal while both Vancouver and Boston save on cap space.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

To Vancouver

Ryan

To Ottawa

Backes
Beartschi
Senyshyn
Schaller
2020 2nd (BOS)

To Boston

Ottawa actually saves money in this deal while both Vancouver and Boston save on cap space.

Say what now?

Not opposed from Vancouver, but that seems....odd that Boston or Ottawa would be enthusiastic about that one...

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

To Vancouver

Ryan

To Ottawa

Backes
Beartschi
Senyshyn
Schaller
2020 2nd (BOS)

To Boston

Are you sure the Bruins shouldn't be giving up a 1st instead of a 2nd for 3 seasons of Eriksson's corpse?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

To Vancouver

Ryan

To Ottawa

Backes
Beartschi
Senyshyn
Schaller
2020 2nd (BOS)

To Boston

I think a 2nd and Senyshyn is too high a price to pay for Boston to save 3 million off the cap AND get stuck with an extra year of bad contract. I'd rather add something to Ottawa (Zboril?) to get them to keep Eriksson, too. And then its clear there is no reason for Vancouver in the deal.

If Backes is willing to waive to Ottawa, the Bruins don't need the Canucks to complete the deal.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Bruins are gonna do the same things as they did last year with 3rd line center. Keep cycling in internal options. If come February none of them are working make a trade for a veteran.

Reactions: wintersej

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
There were rumors that the burins were interested in Kovalchuk at last years deadline. Kovalchuk for backes +++

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This has Kreider written all over it if one of your LWs can play on the right.

I think the core issue here is that they don't love Marchand, DeBrusk, Heinen or Bjork playing on their offside. Heinen probably the best at it, but he seems locked in a pairing with Coyle, so still leaves Krejci without a real RW.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I think the core issue here is that they don't love Marchand, DeBrusk, Heinen or Bjork playing on their offside. Heinen probably the best at it, but he seems locked in a pairing with Coyle, so still leaves Krejci without a real RW.

Bjork has played RW for most his college and NHL career, but for some reason Boston has him as a LW in Providence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad