OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I'll add ya this week. Just a heads up, I am downright awful at NHL 20.

I'm finally getting around to finishing FF XII: Zodiac Age. What an amazing game. So much depth. Story is so so but it is so much fun to play.
When the game came out I got sucked so hard into it, like no other game before. Played it, beat it (the story anyway) then immediately started a new game and played through it again, with a different party setup. The game is so great.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
With all the nonsense going on, I broke down an bought an X Box for my daughter this past weekend.

We've only played NHL 20 and NBA2K2020. She's not too good at NHL2020 yet, but we have some good battles in the basketball game. She likes Stephen Curry so we're going to play out a Warriors season with her as the Warriors and me as their opponents.

Haven't loaded Madden yet. And FIFA wasn't at Best Buy.

This is our sports.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So need a game to replay before FF VII remake (Hopefully not delayed again) Comes out in like a month. Should I play Zelda : Breath of the Wild or Final Fantasy XV over again?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
So need a game to replay before FF VII remake (Hopefully not delayed again) Comes out in like a month. Should I play Zelda : Breath of the Wild or Final Fantasy XV over again?

I mean one of these games is going to be praised for generations to come and the other is like objectively mediocre.

Decisions, decisions. ;)

Reactions: Gardner McKay

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

BOTW.

FF15 was meh until all the additional content came out. Had I played all of it in one go it would have been so much better.

Best part of that game was the Pitioss Ruins. I wish they put as much thought into designing the rest of the optional content in that game as they did that.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Oh, suggestion for those of you looking for a game that's highly replayable, and easy to learn but difficult to master:

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (with the Afterbirth & Afterbirth+ DLCs). Top-down roguelike, can run on virtually potato level computers (like, the minimum steam requirements are a 2 core Duo and Windows XP) or is available on most consoles, and is super replayable due to seeding runs

I may or may not have 525 hours in it, don't judge me

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
BOTW.

FF15 was meh until all the additional content came out. Had I played all of it in one go it would have been so much better.

Best part of that game was the Pitioss Ruins. I wish they put as much thought into designing the rest of the optional content in that game as they did that.
Any FF > any Zelda

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
BOTW.

I liked FF 15 but was far from my favorite FF. BOTW is simply amazing, likely best Zelda game ever made. Yeah I kinda made up my mind before but just needed a couple of whacks in the head. Lol.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I take it you didn't play ff13? lmao.

I'd take BotW, LttP and OoT over any FF that isn't 6 or 7 (I view all 5 of these titles in the same light.)

FWIW, I put Nier up there with any of them as well so hurry up and finish it, lol.
Loving Nier so far . The music is mint

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
When the game came out I got sucked so hard into it, like no other game before. Played it, beat it (the story anyway) then immediately started a new game and played through it again, with a different party setup. The game is so great.

One of my favourite FFs of all but I'm ashamed to admit I never actually beat the main story. Started a fresh game a few times and always got sucked into hunts and side quests somewhere around/post mid-game and then would never get back on track.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So 5 straight hours of Zelda BOTW last night. No bathroom break, see I don’t need TP. Playing this time with the DLC expansion. So It is different. Love this game can’t wait for the 2nd one to come out.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Have some time off thanks to everything that’s going on so I ordered a bunch of stuff to build a computer to take up my time, got a code to get RE3 for free with one of the parts so now I’m sitting here watching videos of the demo. I also started a new FF7 play through last week so I’ll probably pick that back up at some point

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRFANMANI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad