OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
I have a question, one I'm sure has probably been asked/answered a while ago, in NHL 19 franchise mode, does the CPU controlled team EVER use their time out? I don't think I've ever seen it. Not just in this year's, but probably for the last 10 years. Just wondering.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I have a question, one I'm sure has probably been asked/answered a while ago, in NHL 19 franchise mode, does the CPU controlled team EVER use their time out? I don't think I've ever seen it. Not just in this year's, but probably for the last 10 years. Just wondering.

I can't recall ever seeing a computer team use a timeout in any one of the entries in the NHL series.

Reactions: Bring Back Avery

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Best total war type strategy game i can get on PS4?
I haven't gamed much on PC in many years, but as far as a total war strategy game, I thoroughly enjoy Europa Universalis. Whether you want to focus on conquering, colonizing, trading, manufacturing, religion, etc. this game has it all.

EuropaCossacks3.jpg

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Never played it. Looks like Destiny 2, kinda?
They're different. But a lot of people make the comparison, yes.

WF is tough to get into because there is absolutely no hand holding at all and you pretty much need to have the wiki up at all times becayse there are so many mechanics and systems that it gets overwhelming for a beginner and can be a major turnoff.

But once you get the hang of it, it's super fun and rewarding. Heck, 800+ hours in and I'm still learning things.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
They're different. But a lot of people make the comparison, yes.
I liked Destiny 2 quite a bit, until I got to the end game. Then it all just morphed into a steam pile of horse **** with not much to do. Sounds like Warframe has more end game content with you having 800+ hours.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Recently picked up Nioh during Steam's summer sale..not entirely sure how I feel about it. I loved the whole Souls series and always heard Nioh was in the same vein, but it just seems very flat. Gorgeous game, I've had fun playing it so far, but something feels flat. It'll do to hold me over until Sekiro comes out. Also really looking forward to the new Squeenix game, Left Alive. March is going to be one hell of a month for me. One of these days I'm going to finish NieR Automata too..maybe that'll keep me busy.

Also Kupo, seeing your username around lately has made me want to go back to FF6! When that was the game I would dump my free time in to, I only got up to where you get Gau I think and just kinda stopped. My New Year's resolution was to beat as many of the games I've bought over the years and never touched before I go buying new titles, and I think I'm going to tack 6 at the top of that list.

Reactions: Kupo

Bring Back Avery

Dec 29, 2012
Catasauqua, PA
I can't recall ever seeing a computer team use a timeout in any one of the entries in the NHL series.
Yeah, now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing it in any of them either. I'm surprised that's never been rectified...then again, I'm not surprised. Not when it comes to EA hockey.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah, now that I think about it, I don't recall seeing it in any of them either. I'm surprised that's never been rectified...then again, I'm not surprised. Not when it comes to EA hockey.

I know they don't have the staff or budget of Madden, but man even just some more player faces would be a welcome change.

Or heck, give users more creative control to edit and create things.

That alone would make up for the work they don't have the bandwidth to do.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Na they just automatically tie it up since the AI in the game uses mechanisms from the 90s.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Recently picked up Nioh during Steam's summer sale..not entirely sure how I feel about it. I loved the whole Souls series and always heard Nioh was in the same vein, but it just seems very flat. Gorgeous game, I've had fun playing it so far, but something feels flat. It'll do to hold me over until Sekiro comes out. Also really looking forward to the new Squeenix game, Left Alive. March is going to be one hell of a month for me. One of these days I'm going to finish NieR Automata too..maybe that'll keep me busy.

Also Kupo, seeing your username around lately has made me want to go back to FF6! When that was the game I would dump my free time in to, I only got up to where you get Gau I think and just kinda stopped. My New Year's resolution was to beat as many of the games I've bought over the years and never touched before I go buying new titles, and I think I'm going to tack 6 at the top of that list.

You should.

Was probably my favorite game that came out that year, and that was the BotW year.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I haven't gamed much on PC in many years, but as far as a total war strategy game, I thoroughly enjoy Europa Universalis. Whether you want to focus on conquering, colonizing, trading, manufacturing, religion, etc. this game has it all.

EuropaCossacks3.jpg
Love EU4 I dont even know how many hours ive spent playing that game.

Reactions: Kupo

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
KH3 came out today. I can't wait to finally play it feels like I've waited my whole life to play this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->