OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Very bored with no NHL & my own hockey leagues being suspended indefinitely. Would love to play NHL 20 with any of you guys
My PSN is dogfood0

I'll add ya this week. Just a heads up, I am downright awful at NHL 20.

I'm finally getting around to finishing FF XII: Zodiac Age. What an amazing game. So much depth. Story is so so but it is so much fun to play.

Last edited:

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I purchased Divinity Original Sin 2 the other day.

Wow, I almost feel lucky to not have discovered this earlier. Video games have trouble keeping my attention for long, but this one is legitimately perfect for a quarantine. I’ve sunk 4 hours into it today. Haven’t gamed this hard since Skyrim.

It helps that the game is flat out fantastic.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan

Wow, I almost feel lucky to not have discovered this earlier. Video games have trouble keeping my attention for long, but this one is legitimately perfect for a quarantine. I’ve sunk 4 hours into it today. Haven’t gamed this hard since Skyrim.

I am keen to pick it up, but only have access to my Switch at the mo where it's still a full price game, so will hold off until I get back to my PS4.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Managed to get in a few hours of Cities Skylines today. Finally remembered to add the Metro Overhaul mod and had a lot of fun with the elevated metro lines. Only to have my PC run out of physical space somehow about 3 hours in and wipe out my progress. So that was cool.

Need to get my ass in gear and get the rest of the parts for my new PC.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
What do y'all think I should play, the Mass Effect Trilogy (f*** Andromeda) or Dragon Age: Origins & Inquisition?

Origins is my favorite game of all time, but I haven't played any of em in at least a year

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

I've really wanted to get into DOS2 and Pathfinder: Kingmaker. So good.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Anyone playing the new Warzone mode on Call of Duty? I had really low expectations but it’s actually a lot of fun.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I've been getting back into Rimworld recently, with the release of the Royalty DLC and it's a lot of fun. I have also been getting into the recent gen of Tomb Raider games because Square Enix had a sale recently and I got Rise of the TR/Shadows of the TR with full DLC and everything for ~$20. Really fun.

Also, Monster Hunter World has some big releases coming up, so it's a good time to get back into that.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Playing Deus EX MD, Lost Odyssey and MGS V at the time. Hav to finish these before getting a new game.

I'll probably just wait for Cyberpunk.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Don't really know what to play at the moment. All I want is the FFVII remake but this is going to be the longest 4 weeks in history waiting for it to drop. I actually started a new playthrough of MGS4 on my PS3 but I really want a new game to sink my teeth (and time) into. I've been waiting for DBZ Kakarot to drop in price but its still pretty new. I picked up Nier Automata in the last sale but have no desire to actually play it lol.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Don't really know what to play at the moment. All I want is the FFVII remake but this is going to be the longest 4 weeks in history waiting for it to drop. I actually started a new playthrough of MGS4 on my PS3 but I really want a new game to sink my teeth (and time) into. I've been waiting for DBZ Kakarot to drop in price but its still pretty new. I picked up Nier Automata in the last sale but have no desire to actually play it lol.

Do it. Now.

It is amazing on so many different levels. Music is on point, characters are great and its one of the most thought provoking experiences I've ever had regardless of medium.

10/10 game and one of the best games I've ever played.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Do it. Now.

It is amazing on so many different levels. Music is on point, characters are great and its one of the most thought provoking experiences I've ever had regardless of medium.

10/10 game and one of the best games I've ever played.
Yeah, playing now. Its just that I died during the prologue boss the first time and was so pissed off that it made me start the game over I was having a hard time starting again. I ended up playing the prologue on easy mode (auto-win) just to get to the save point. Now I'll switch back to normal and enjoy it

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
What do y'all think I should play, the Mass Effect Trilogy (f*** Andromeda) or Dragon Age: Origins & Inquisition?

Origins is my favorite game of all time, but I haven't played any of em in at least a year

Love the ME series (and I enjoyed Andromeda), though it ultimately peaked with the second installment.

I enjoyed the Dragon Age series as well, but I just enjoyed ME significantly more.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Love the ME series (and I enjoyed Andromeda), though it ultimately peaked with the second installment.

I enjoyed the Dragon Age series as well, but I just enjoyed ME significantly more.

The funny thing is, 2 was actually my least favorite of the ME series.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I think mine was actually 3.

I loved almost everything about 3 except the ending (may or may not have cried at "It had to be me, someone else might've gotten it wrong"). In particular, I was and am a sucker for the multiplayer

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

The real answer is the Witcher 3, but I’ll go with Mass Effect over Dragon Age

Reactions: DanishRanger

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
As an xbox guy I'm in SHAMBLES. New Metal Gear, Silent Hill, AND Castlevania? On top of The Show and the other great IPs. Good thing we have Halo 16 and Forza 85. Also, dont sleep on the Castlevania show on Netflix, its amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad