OT: The All-Purpose Video Game Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I've been playing a ton of Hades lately, 10/10 if you're looking for a roguelike hack and slash

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Started Playing Rage 2. Free if you have Gamepass. It's a single player, 1st person shooter. It has a decent story campaign you can progress at our own speed. Very Mad-Max like. A low budget Farcry in a post apocalyptic setting. Kinda Meh, decent enough to pass time but not a must play or anything. Gonna be a long wait for the big titles so I'll likely blow thru a bunch of these time killers.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
84460539_641271829774399_8384473213509304320_o.jpg

Figured some of you guys would think this is pretty cool since I remember discussions about it. I think it looks sick, although I'm not sure if it's a concept this person is actually going to do or was just messing around in photopshop or whatever.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I've never played the game, but if any of you are interested The Division 2 is on sale for $2.99 right now on PSN. I believe it's similarly discounted at other retailers and for other systems as well.

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Standard Edition
Warlords of NY expansion is coming out March 3rd I believe, so dropping the price to nothing is a great way to get more players, and it’s working. There are a ton of level 2’s and 3’s running around lol.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Had some fun with FHM 6. Traded a bunch of prospects and all first three round picks for the next three years to get:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Boeser
Laine - Petersson - Ehlers
Guentzel - Strome - Kubalik
Lemieux - Chytil - Fast

Hanifin - Makar
Hughes - Gustafsson
Brannstrom - Fox

Lundqvist
Georgiev

Key prospects — AHL or juniors:
Kakko (to start)
Caufield
Heinola
Boqvist

I have some 5-7 round picks for the next few years. Such a young, talented squad leaves me thinking they’re likely superfluous and not worth the risk anyway. Trying to get my hands on Dach, Zegras, Newhook or Kotkaniemi. Otherwise considering trading Hank for Barrie and moving Igor to the big leagues.

All of this was finished by Aug 15 of the first season (ie before the first training camp in the game). I have about 15MM in cap space this season and 10MM the next.

Thoughts?

Edit: traded for Kubalik; Kakko to start in the minors.

Last edited:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
View attachment 321295

Figured some of you guys would think this is pretty cool since I remember discussions about it. I think it looks sick, although I'm not sure if it's a concept this person is actually going to do or was just messing around in photopshop or whatever.

We do need a triple-A, 1980's-90's cartoon and arcade game inspired, new Ninja Turtles video game.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Just starting Defect, but I can already see what you mean.

I pursued a similar strategy with Silent using poisons + defends, but the strategy is a little more one-dimensional.

Strength build on the Ironclad, poison build on the Silent, lightning build on the Defect. Haven't played the new character any significant amount yet so not sure there.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Had some fun with FHM 6. Traded a bunch of prospects and all first three round picks for the next three years to get:

Laine - Petersson - Ehlers
Guentzel - Strome - Kubalik
Lemieux - Chytil - Fast

Hanifin - Makar
Hughes - Gustafsson
Brannstrom - Fox

Lundqvist
Georgiev

Key prospects — AHL or juniors:
Kakko (to start)
Caufield
Heinola
Boqvist

I have some 5-7 round picks for the next few years. Such a young, talented squad leaves me thinking they’re likely superfluous and not worth the risk anyway. Trying to get my hands on Dach, Zegras, Newhook or Kotkaniemi. Otherwise considering trading Hank for Barrie and moving Igor to the big leagues.

All of this was finished by Aug 15 of the first season (ie before the first training camp in the game). I have about 15MM in cap space this season and 10MM the next.

Thoughts?

Edit: traded for Kubalik; Kakko to start in the minors.
Update: missed playoffs by 1 point. Acquired Keller and Chychrun for ADA, Caufield and Ehlers at the deadline.

Traded Barrie, Kapanen, Hanifin, Strome in the off-season (cap space — a lot of retained salary on the books to manage). Traded for rights to Lafreniere and Byfield during the off-season.

New roster:
Laine - Petersson - Kakko
Keller - Newhook - Kubalik
Guentzel - Chytil - TBD

Hughes - Makar
Heinola - Fox
Chychurn - Boqvist

Looking to trade Guentzel or Gaudreau for a 1D or 2D with a pick. Targeting Heiskanen or Chabot.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Been playing Jedi Fallen order the past couple of weeks and have loved it. Really disappointed to hear there's no New Game+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad