The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
if you could trade UFA Schultz for UFA Hoffman, with Ruh playing on the 3rd pair RD instead of Schultz, would you do it? I would

Controlling factor would be whether Hoffman’s fiancé would be a divisive force among the Pens wives and girlfriends. Things got pretty messy in Ottawa.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Weird to now call up Trotman, only thing that I could think about was - "Sully is going to bench Riiko again for absolutely no reason and play Ruhwedel-Trotman as a pair, barf."

Marino finally being put on the IR, Dumoulin skating and slowly making a return, Geno wasn't at practice...

Good times.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder if Schultz will be a Cap or Flyer this summer?
The usual culprits for Pens retreads, haha...I think I'd say Capitals, unless Flyers move Ghost at the TDL and make cap space and then subsequently waste it in the summer to sign Schultz.

I do hope Schultz is gone at the TDL, at this point I think this team isn't any worse or better off with or without him in the line-up.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Weird to now call up Trotman, only thing that I could think about was - "Sully is going to bench Riiko again for absolutely no reason and play Ruhwedel-Trotman as a pair, barf."

Marino finally being put on the IR, Dumoulin skating and slowly making a return, Geno wasn't at practice...

Good times.
Sullivan said a couple of their D are banged up, so Trotman is up in case of emergency.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I have more faith in Schultz regaining some of his ability than I do in Ruhwedel/Trotman pulling it out of their asses. If Schultz goes, they need a replacement. I'd be fine with him going, but the replacement is key.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We have nobody capable even with Schultz, if we don’t have Letang. :laugh:

Fair to say Schultz has been a disappointment but he has at least in the past shown a capability of running a PP. I'd very leery of turning that responsibility over to Marin or Dumo. Or god forbid running a 5 forward PP.

I already get enough nightmares with Geno and Letang up top.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Schultz is booty cheeks of a player at this point, but it's a moot point to discuss trading him because he won't get traded. He'll ride out the year on the Penguins, likely not get re-signed and leave as a UFA.

Yeah I'm not saying re-sign him. Even if we wanted to, we can't afford him, and his performance hasn't really merited that anyways.

But I doubt we'd find an adequate backup PP option via trade at this point, and Schultz at least has the theoretical upside of being an adequate backup PP qb.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I hope it's the Flyers too because the Penguins would probably curb stomp them in the playoffs :laugh:

I remember hearing the same thing in 2018, when everyone was freaking out about the Penguins-Islanders matchup because of what happened in 2012. Instead, most of the games were blowouts as the Penguins overall weren't playing well. Could you imagine this Penguins team with Crosby, Malkin and Letang healthy against the Flyers?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

I hope it's the Flyers too because the Penguins would probably curb stomp them in the playoffs :laugh:

I remember hearing the same thing in 2018, when everyone was freaking out about the Penguins-Islanders matchup because of what happened in 2012. Instead, most of the games were blowouts as the Penguins overall weren't playing well. Could you imagine this Penguins team with Crosby, Malkin and Letang healthy against the Flyers?

Yeah, this is why I do prefer to win the division. I think the Isles are going to be #3 and would rather take the "easy" round against Philly or Carolina and watch the Isles/Caps beat each other up.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Other teams get 8 week diagnosis, player is back in about 6 weeks. Pens players get 8 week diagnosis, they're barely even skating after 12, let alone close to returning.

that’s why I’m saying Jake won’t be back this season....because every injured player has returned on the longer side, if not long past, the time range provided...no one comes back earlier...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Any word on whether Geno got his loperamide dosage ready so he can play next game?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Good times.

I won't even be mad if (when) Sully plays Trotman over Riikola....
Why?
Because I know it's going to happen.
Totally f***ing hate it, but I know it's going to happen.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
wow. HFB really lightened up on the cuss censoring.
Never thought that would happen. Going for the more adult theme'd discussion board now?
It's not like youtube isn't littered with children cussing all over the place anyways.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
wow. HFB really lightened up on the cuss censoring.
Never thought that would happen. Going for the more adult theme'd discussion board now?
It's not like youtube isn't littered with children cussing all over the place anyways.

I was actually going to give u a private message to censor the whole word. :laugh: Then I realized you did the right thing

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Is with team going to Toronto...so a chance
Good. Plenty of ways to clog himself up and get out there and play.

Problem with the runs would be getting enough fluids and carbs more than not soiling oneself so I could see diarrhea in that light of being a legitimate factor keeping someone off the ice.

Reactions: Anya6687
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad