The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I was actually going to give u a private message to censor the whole word. :laugh: Then I realized you did the right thing

I already knew not to muff out only a letter or two on cuss words from you specifically pm'ing me about it in the past =P

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Good. Plenty of ways to clog himself up and get out there and play.

Problem with the runs would be getting enough fluids and carbs more than not soiling oneself so I could see diarrhea in that light of being a legitimate factor keeping someone off the ice.

If Geno isn't 100% just don't play. We have an entire ambulance squad at this point and I still expect to win.

Plus I think Sid played far more intensely yesterday with Geno out. IDK why it (and the reverse) always happens but it does.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Other teams get 8 week diagnosis, player is back in about 6 weeks. Pens players get 8 week diagnosis, they're barely even skating after 12, let alone close to returning.

that’s why I’m saying Jake won’t be back this season....because every injured player has re turned on the longer side, if not long past, the time range provided...no one comes back earlier...

At this point I'm almost wondering if they've decided "We're making the playoffs, lets be ultra-cautious now about injuries so everyone's fully healed for the part that matters". I guess it could just be bad luck that every damn injury seems to go on forever now but its not like we haven't started holding back guys that extra game or so with the playoffs looming before.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
At this point I'm almost wondering if they've decided "We're making the playoffs, lets be ultra-cautious now about injuries so everyone's fully healed for the part that matters". I guess it could just be bad luck that every damn injury seems to go on forever now but its not like we haven't started holding back guys that extra game or so with the playoffs looming before.

Teams will never actually sit guys until the playoffs just because. You don’t just start playing that intensity of Hockey after sitting out for months without a serious affect on a players readiness. All these cautious injury approaches in February mean is the guy is pretty messed up. If it was 3 games left in season and you are clinched maybe you take a cautious approach.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Pretty obvious they did that with Sid.

Dumo’s injury is a tough one. So, I don’t see why people are upset that there are issues with it.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pretty obvious they did that with Sid.

Dumo’s injury is a tough one. So, I don’t see why people are upset that there are issues with it.

I think its less upset and more fear about what it means for the rest of the season.

And yeah, beat writers were openly talking about the winning run allowing Sid to take his time.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
ERLIpuyWoAINpRT

*Sid has 23 points in 13

CascadiaPenguin

Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Other teams get 8 week diagnosis, player is back in about 6 weeks. Pens players get 8 week diagnosis, they're barely even skating after 12, let alone close to returning.
Severed ******* tendons, dude. Give me a break. Diagnosis it ain't. And, you heard it here first and plenty times since the Ottawa game, we ain't seeing Jake until October. Which is the way it should be. He needs to heal and his shoulder was likely mangled.

Reactions: farscape1

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
With Dumo back skating and providing there aren't any set backs over the next couple of days that should help lean JR into adding a forward.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Philly or the Isles?

Lol, man...it just has to be two teams where they can upset this team and their annoying fan bases will really take it to us.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Philly is a good team again. It’d be more fun to watch than the Isles but the Isles are sputtering now. Just get home ice.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I dare you to take a shot every time he says the words/phrases...

"Compete" or "I really like his compete level"
"Stick-To-Itiveness"
"Greasy"
"Phenomenal"
"Lower Body Injury"

Can I do the speech at your funeral?

Only if you wear this

dom-simon-fan-club-unisex-lightweight-terry-hoodie.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Andersen is starting in net tomorrow.

If we want to, we can really destroy them. Fire their coach and crush their # 1s heart.

That might be a bad thing. Andersen's a quality goalie who likely won't have three stinkers in a row.

Pens can win the game if they come out hard and stay structured. Toronto is extremely talented offensively, but they seem to wilt if the opposition plays hard. They feast on you if you give them chance after chance and don't play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad