The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yes and I hope he reads this board and it enrages his indigestion to do it. 'Hes scared, he won't do it' you think peer pressure works on him?
giphy.gif

I'm gonna use a phrase that I really hate using, because generally it's used in such a condescending/dismissive tone that I just don't think it's necessary, so when I use it now, please understand that I'm not attempting to be condescending nor dismissive, and I'll be extra verbose in explaining my usage of it:

I think saying "just trade Schultz" is a very "EA NHL" comment.

What I mean is: it's really easy to just say 'do it, you're a p***y if you don't." What if he HAS tried to? What if there are no takers? What if there are takers, but there's no clear upgrade at D available? What if the upgrades at D that are available are just ridiculously-priced? What if those players don't fit into next year's contract situation?

in a video game, we just see a players OVR rating, their cap hit, and when we approach another team, we can usually jam enough assets into the trade machine to get the AI to accept it. What if JR really doesn't want to mess with this team's chemistry? What if they value Schultz more/differently than we do?

I think sometimes we, all of us, myself included, just assume that "because we should do something, that something is 100% the right move, and to not do it means the team lacks testicles or brains or both."

I think Schultz could be on this roster Tuesday morning AND it's the right decision AND there's nothing wrong with anyone's scrotum.

I'm not trying to pick on you or single you out. I HATE the trade board because it's all fantasy land shit where we assume we know what the f*** GMs are thinking. I just think there's a line we cross when we start insulting them for not making the moves we'd make, when we don't even know what moves they are trying to make.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'm gonna use a phrase that I really hate using, because generally it's used in such a condescending/dismissive tone that I just don't think it's necessary, so when I use it now, please understand that I'm not attempting to be condescending nor dismissive, and I'll be extra verbose in explaining my usage of it:

I think saying "just trade Schultz" is a very "EA NHL" comment.

What I mean is: it's really easy to just say 'do it, you're a p*ssy if you don't." What if he HAS tried to? What if there are no takers? What if there are takers, but there's no clear upgrade at D available? What if the upgrades at D that are available are just ridiculously-priced? What if those players don't fit into next year's contract situation?

in a video game, we just see a players OVR rating, their cap hit, and when we approach another team, we can usually jam enough assets into the trade machine to get the AI to accept it. What if JR really doesn't want to mess with this team's chemistry? What if they value Schultz more/differently than we do?

I think sometimes we, all of us, myself included, just assume that "because we should do something, that something is 100% the right move, and to not do it means the team lacks testicles or brains or both."

I think Schultz could be on this roster Tuesday morning AND it's the right decision AND there's nothing wrong with anyone's scrotum.

I'm not trying to pick on you or single you out. I HATE the trade board because it's all fantasy land shit where we assume we know what the f*ck GMs are thinking. I just think there's a line we cross when we start insulting them for not making the moves we'd make, when we don't even know what moves they are trying to make.
I say all of that jokingly...JR is my kinda GM. He makes moves and isn't shy.

I'm well aware moving Schultz is about nil but all Im saying is be prepared to watch him blow serious opportunity for us. watching him scares me to think what he'll do in the playoffs...more so than any other player.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I say all of that jokingly...JR is my kinda GM. He makes moves and isn't shy.

I'm well aware moving Schultz is about nil but all Im saying is be prepared to watch him blow serious opportunity for us. watching him scares me to think what he'll do in the playoffs...more so than any other player.
Yeah, just for the record, I’d move Schultz. I’d be stupidly aggressive all the time

Reactions: Flying Dego

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, just for the record, I’d move Schultz. I’d be stupidly aggressive all the time
Me to...I just can't fathom Sully watching Schultzs demeanor and being confident. If a scrub fan like me can see the impending playoff stank I'm sure they see it. Hell JJ instills a lot more trust for me come playoff time...God willing with minutes reduced

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Imagine being outraged over a fourth liner doing his job on a very good team. Just imagine that.

It makes me feel better about myself and my life/happiness.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I imagine JR and company wanna get a full look at their D depth with the DL looming.
Besides, i think they like to carry an extra D when ever they travel now anyway just cuz they have the cap flexibility to do so.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So help me god if we see Ruhwedel-Trotman. So help me god, Sully.

As is, I guess they could either have an extra F or an extra D and with Riikola offering some flexibility, they called up a D.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'd rather keep Schultz because if Letang gets injured again we have nobody else capable of QBing the powerplay.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Had some free time so I looked up a few players.
Player. Percentage of career total points scored on the power play. Total career points.

Letang: 39% - 533
Malkin: 38% - 1060
Ovechkin: 37% - 1268
Crosby: 36% - 1256
Thornton: 35% - 1503
Stamkos: 35% 828
Kucherov: 33% - 535
Tavares: 32% - 760
McDavid: 28% 453
Draisaitl: 28% 407
Matthews: 27% - 277
Guentzel: 18% - 200
Zucker: 18% - 247
Rust: 12% - 162

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t see JR trading Schultz unless it’s a deal that’s too good for him to pass on and/or he can turn around and get a replacement if he needs one.

if you could trade UFA Schultz for UFA Hoffman, with Ruh playing on the 3rd pair RD instead of Schultz, would you do it? I would

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
if you could trade UFA Schultz for UFA Hoffman, with Ruh playing on the 3rd pair RD instead of Schultz, would you do it? I would

With Ruh on the bottom pairing? No. They’d have to make another move. I’d easily Schultz for Hoffman and JR getting something better than Ruhwedel, though. Only one for one is just moving problems around.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
With Ruh on the bottom pairing? No. They’d have to make another move. I’d easily Schultz for Hoffman and JR getting something better than Ruhwedel, though. Only one for one is just moving problems around.

Honestly, I think Ruh has been playing better this year than Schultz...I mean we’d lose some depth and a PP q.b if Letang was to go down...but rn I have no problem with Ruh playing over Schultz when Marino returns...

Reactions: td_ice

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Honestly, I think Ruh has been playing better this year than Schultz...I mean we’d lose some depth and a PP q.b if Letang was to go down...but rn I have no problem with Ruh playing over Schultz when Marino returns...

And then a month later it’s complaining about the RD depth regardless of Letang’s health. Ruhwedel isn’t a regular and while Schultz isn’t what he used to be, he’s still a better player. He’s capable of making plays Ruhwedel wouldn’t even think of and that matters. Although, I suppose if they go with JJ-Schultz it becomes more of a moot point until Letang gets hurt or Marino burns out. Anyway, Ruhwedel as the 3RD isn’t acceptable.

Reactions: Peat

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
And then a month later it’s complaining about the RD depth regardless of Letang’s health. Ruhwedel isn’t a regular and while Schultz isn’t what he used to be, he’s still a better player. He’s capable of making plays Ruhwedel wouldn’t even think of and that matters. Although, I suppose if they go with JJ-Schultz it becomes more of a moot point until Letang gets hurt or Marino burns out. Anyway, Ruhwedel as the 3RD isn’t acceptable.

I mean ideally I’d like someone better than Ruh...but unfortunately I don’t think that’s Schultz this year...Schultz has better offensive skill overall but he’s playing like crap in the O zone and Ruh has been better in the D zone...so while Schultz may be the better overall player I don’t think he’s been playing as well as Ruh has been playing so far this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad