The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Over 1K so starting a new thread.

Yea or best case scenario we get that “Zucker” like piece for Sid and Simon and then get to throw Guentzel back with malkin and rust. Could not have happened had guentz not been injured. I salivate at the best case scenario here.

Teddy doing really well despite poor PK faceoffs (he’s 50/50 at EV strength). Couple of former Pens join him.

EDIT: @OGBobbyFarnham faceoffs can be overrated. Teddy’s about 40%ish on the PK but getting the job done still.

EQSE2s2XkAgC6eg

Imagine if we got Blake Coleman to join Teddy and Tanev on the PK...shorthanded goals galore I hope...

Maybe not everything is bad when it comes to Marino.

Pens still in denial.

"Marino does not have a broken cheekbone and Crosby didn't have the mumps!"

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
From Yohe:

"Numerous outlets have reported that Marino has a broken cheekbone in three places. I’ve been told the same thing. However, I’ve also been told that some information that has been published about Marino and his situation isn’t entirely accurate. My sense is that it still hasn’t been determined how long he will be out of the lineup and perhaps if surgery is required or not."

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
From Yohe:

"Numerous outlets have reported that Marino has a broken cheekbone in three places. I’ve been told the same thing. However, I’ve also been told that some information that has been published about Marino and his situation isn’t entirely accurate. My sense is that it still hasn’t been determined how long he will be out of the lineup and perhaps if surgery is required or not."

Cool.

Concussed him, too

giphy.gif

BobCole

May 21, 2014
This thread used to have all injuries listed in the first post. Why is that no longer the case? Can anybody recommend a good place to find this?

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Cool; interesting that Kahun isn't listed on their injury log, fwiw.

Bjugs definitely had a setback in recovery because he should have been back by now

Dumos injury is taking longer than expected as well although if he returns within the next week or so it won’t be that far off but I’m not hearing any indication of that

Kahun obviously has a bad concussion although I’m hoping within this upcoming week he’s back

Marino TBD

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Bjugs definitely had a setback in recovery because he should have been back by now

Dumos injury is taking longer than expected as well although if he returns within the next week or so it won’t be that far off but I’m not hearing any indication of that

Kahun obviously has a bad concussion although I’m hoping within this upcoming week he’s back

Marino TBD

Kahun is already skating. I assume if it was playoff season he’d have been back this weekend.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We are blessed with icing several generational talents but cursed with an absurd degree of injuries to key players.

Reactions: TNT87

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
From Yohe:

If surgery isn't needed, that's probably only a 2-4 week injury, no? Maybe he'd have to play with a cage when he got back, but if surgery isn't needed, it can't be that bad.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sullivan's usage of the Penguins 4th line this year has almost completely gone against his past philosophies as a coach of the Penguins. It honestly doesn't make any sense to me, a Galchenyuk-Blandisi-Lafferty 4th line isn't that bad that you can only play them for 4 minutes a night. Even last year, he was playing Garrett Wilson closer to 8 minutes a night than 5 minutes a night.

He often used individual players with such limited ice times, with doing that to guys like Dea, Johnson, Blandisi and Reaves in the past, but he has never done that with entire lines like he has with the 4th line this year. He'd often just double shift some of their top guys randomly on the 4th line, not bench the 4th line entirely.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sullivan's usage of the Penguins 4th line this year has almost completely gone against his past philosophies as a coach of the Penguins. It honestly doesn't make any sense to me, a Galchenyuk-Blandisi-Lafferty 4th line isn't that bad that you can only play them for 4 minutes a night. Even last year, he was playing Garrett Wilson closer to 8 minutes a night than 5 minutes a night.

He often used individual players with such limited ice times, with doing that to guys like Dea, Johnson, Blandisi and Reaves in the past, but he has never done that with entire lines like he has with the 4th line this year. He'd often just double shift some of their top guys randomly on the 4th line, not bench the 4th line entirely.

I think in the last ten games Galchenyuk has been on the ice for 7 GA and 2 GF at 5v5.

Reactions: ownal

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
PGT shut down since we are on to the new week. An ending part of discussion was the PK. PK is top 10 right now but the numbers don't match the eyes. I feel like we have A LOT of zone time against us. We struggle big time on PK faceoffs. Sid/TB were getting beat up.

So i find that interesting. Stats looks amazing. Eye test is showing me A LOT of zone time against. We will see how that all shakes out.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
PGT shut down since we are on to the new week. An ending part of discussion was the PK. PK is top 10 right now but the numbers don't match the eyes. I feel like we have A LOT of zone time against us. We struggle big time on PK faceoffs. Sid/TB were getting beat up.

So i find that interesting. Stats looks amazing. Eye test is showing me A LOT of zone time against. We will see how that all shakes out.

I believe our goaltending has really aided the PK...

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad