The All Purpose Pens Off Day Thread - Injuries, Practice, Injuries, Lines, More Injuries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
....I was under the impression that the ZADams references were more that ZAR never gets demoted, benched, or healthy scratched despite being highly ineffective or flat out ****ing up.

Nah, it's a literal comparison. What makes it worse is that the actual comment is "young Adams was better than ZAR now", despite the fact that Adams had 2 points in his first 77 games in the NHL and had the same amount of points in 237 games as ZAR has through 113 games.

The ZAR hate here from some is just bizarre. Is he good? Of course not, he's following the same exact career path as Tom Kuhnhackl. But the level that some people take it to is just downright absurd, and if you tie it into the discussion from yesterday, that's where the "I don't care about analytics because I think he sucks" arguments come out.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
ZAR when and if the Pens are ever healthy would be the worst player on the team thus why he is the whipping boy. With that said him in a sheltered 4th line role is not the worst thing in the world

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
ZAR when and if the Pens are ever healthy would be the worst player on the team thus why he is the whipping boy. With that said him in a sheltered 4th line role is not the worst thing in the world

Some people around here foolishly believed ZAR was better than Adams and it was “crazy” and an insult to make that comparison.

Now they are reaching for excuses as he’s revealing himself to be a less talented Adams (who actually had decent mitts at ZAR’s age).

People standing on that ZAR hill are um... well... good luck up there.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Nah, it's a literal comparison. What makes it worse is that the actual comment is "young Adams was better than ZAR now", despite the fact that Adams had 2 points in his first 77 games in the NHL and had the same amount of points in 237 games as ZAR has through 113 games.

The ZAR hate here from some is just bizarre. Is he good? Of course not, he's following the same exact career path as Tom Kuhnhackl. But the level that some people take it to is just downright absurd, and if you tie it into the discussion from yesterday, that's where the "I don't care about analytics because I think he sucks" arguments come out.

ZAR is a good 13/14 forward. He should not be a lineup staple. Unfortunately our coach thinks he has a gift and is crucial to the BART line.

Lafferty gives us more...hell Angello has some interesting qualities to test out...not saying he'll be better but he has size and uses it.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

It sucks that one can't just say "Shut the **** up about Craig f****** Adams" without it being seen as trying to prop up ZAR.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Can anyone explain why they waited until today to put him on LTIR? They've known it will be a 4-6 week injury

Salary Cap Relief from LTIR is odd and intensely complicated.

You want to wait as long as possible in order to maximize your increased salary cap.

It's why Jake STILL isn't on LTIR.

Edit: hey some sites are showing Jake as on IR...I was almost certain the pens hadn't done that????

Reactions: ownal

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Does emergency recall care about F or D, or is it JUST when under 18 skaters (or 2 goalies)?

Cause maybe a forward is dead...Riik to L4 again?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Or Geno could have given someone the runs...my guess is Chad or Schultz....

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Can anyone explain why they waited until today to put him on LTIR? They've known it will be a 4-6 week injury

Marino isn't on LTIR, just IR. And probably because they didn't need the roster space. Players on IR still count towards the cap, so he was only moved there when they needed another person (Trotman) to have a complete lineup.

Salary Cap Relief from LTIR is odd and intensely complicated.

You want to wait as long as possible in order to maximize your increased salary cap.

It's why Jake STILL isn't on LTIR.

Edit: hey some sites are showing Jake as on IR...I was almost certain the pens hadn't done that????

Pens did put Jake on IR, but not on LTIR.

Reactions: EightyOne and Peat

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Or a trade is happening?
There's almost no chance... yesterday I said I wanted Schultz traded even if it meant seeing Trotman for a stint...

If JR had the balls to do this I'd be ecstatic...worry about who to scoop up as a depth D after if he is worth anything. I really believe he's holding us back come playoff time with his lacksidsical style and effort.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
There's almost no chance... yesterday I said I wanted Schultz traded even if it meant seeing Trotman for a stint...

If JR had the balls to do this I'd be ecstatic...worry about who to scoop up as a depth D after if he is worth anything. I really believe he's holding us back come playoff time with his lacksidsical style and effort.
Man, did you just say, “if JR had the balls?”

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Man, did you just say, “if JR had the balls?”

Yes and I hope he reads this board and it enrages his indigestion to do it. 'Hes scared, he won't do it' you think peer pressure works on him?
giphy.gif

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hopefully they don't bring Geno to Toronto, the last thing you want is his illness spreading to the rest of the team.

Get him some rest and hopefully he will be ready for Saturday.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad