The All Purpose "Jack Johnson Sucks" Thread

Will they need to add a sweetener to trade Johnson?

• Total voters

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
CCXergj.gif

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
They did a presser for the Jack Johnson signing? What?! Did they think they were signing a #1 Dman?

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Dylan asks via email: “Is there a worse contract in the NHL today than Jack Johnson’s?”" data-reactid="34" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Dylan asks via email: “Is there a worse contract in the NHL today than Jack Johnson’s?”
Milan Lucic has a much worse contract (because he has trade and demotion protection that Johnson does not) but your point is well-taken. Johnson has been on the ice for 47 goals at 5-on-5 and has been a huge drag on everyone he plays with. You can put some of that on how much he’s used pretty much only in defensive situations but mostly, yeah, he’s bad and he’s signed for ever.

NHL Mailbag: Do the Predators need to go all-in?

Reactions: Shady Machine

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Dylan asks via email: “Is there a worse contract in the NHL today than Jack Johnson’s?”" data-reactid="34" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Dylan asks via email: “Is there a worse contract in the NHL today than Jack Johnson’s?”
Milan Lucic has a much worse contract (because he has trade and demotion protection that Johnson does not) but your point is well-taken. Johnson has been on the ice for 47 goals at 5-on-5 and has been a huge drag on everyone he plays with. You can put some of that on how much he’s used pretty much only in defensive situations but mostly, yeah, he’s bad and he’s signed for ever.

NHL Mailbag: Do the Predators need to go all-in?

Pick your order from worst to worst-worst:

Dustin Brown
Jack Johnson
Carey Price
Milan Lucic
Brent Seabrook

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Worst
Johnson
Price
Brown
Seabrook
Lucic
Worst-worst

I'd probably go the same. What's interesting is the bias (I share) leading to Brown, though he's at a nearly identical cap hit to Lucic with worse production numbers.

Johnson shouldn't take a crazy 'add' to get rid of where the rest will surely require a significant piece and/or retention.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Basically what it boils down to is that if you are physical and throw some bodychecks, you can escape a lot of criticism from the average hockey fan that sees physicality as evidence of being good at hockey regardless of your other failings. It's almost like these fans forget that the team won 2 Cups after it got rid of plugs like Orpik and Scuderi that would get run over in their own end, but nope, we love the hittin' and by Gawd Jack hits 'em so hell yeah he's underrated and good and you stats nerds don't understand.

Absolutely maddening.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
A bit. He's looking like a dbag frat bro lol. Like if he were an extra in a movie he'd be credited as playing Frat Guy 7.

I don't want to say I know the guy, but I saw him around Columbus a few times and he seemed like a good dude.

Dubinsky is the frat boy dbag. No surprise there.

Reactions: EightyOne

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Is Dejean now a mouthpiece for the Pens?
I swear a writer from Philly could've written that headline it's so dumb

Yeah. He has been a pretty heavy apologist/contrarian for a while. Check some of his takes re: Shero and especially Disco. Was going to bat for them and calling the fans dumb for "turning on them" more or less up until the day they were both told to walk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad