The All Purpose "Jack Johnson Sucks" Thread

Will they need to add a sweetener to trade Johnson?

• Total voters

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was just trying to be adorable about analytics.

Still waiting for those system changes and analytics that prove your constant *****ing.
I don't know how we didn't win the last 2yrs with an insane system that made even Kevin Porter useful but clearly, guys like Crosby, Blueger, Bjugstad, etc...were just so f***ing dumb and ruined it for us.

I'm pissed off too, I'm with you bro beans.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
There must be something we don’t know about Jack Johnson and Rutherford. JR has been super sensitive and defensive towards anything related to JJ. First, he took shots at another franchise which wasn’t necessary at all. Then public ally defending him against all people. And now the both shocking and laughable “best defense ever assembled ” comment. What’s his motivation behind all these? The more I think about it, the more suspicious I find it to be. There must be something we don’t know.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
There must be something we don’t know about Jack Johnson and Rutherford. JR has been super sensitive and defensive towards anything related to JJ. First, he took shots at another franchise which wasn’t necessary at all. Then public ally defending him against all people. And now the both shocking and laughable “best defense ever assembled ” comment. What’s his motivation behind all these? The more I think about it, the more suspicious I find it to be. There must be something we don’t know.

He’s a Friend of Sid I thought.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

Don’t forget that JR was the guy who drafted him and tried to get him to join the Canes early so he could be a part of the Cup run. JR probably feels some bond or duty to him back that far.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Bump.

Anyone in the NHL who you'd keep Jack Johnson over? By the way, this hypothetical means you can't immediately trade that player, you'd have to play out the season with them. For me: James Neal (and even that will likely change if we play a few more months with JJ)

I'd happily take Brent Seabrook and/or Milan Lucic if it meant shedding Jack Johnson. Genuinely.

Reactions: Casanova

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I don’t think he had a bad year, he was a healthy scratch at the end of the season. I know the reason why. It wasn’t because of how he was playing.

Jack never got a fair shot from the first day he got here, and it started with the (first) media scrum....I really couldn’t believe the questions that a newly acquired player was asked through that media scrum, and that’s what started the ball rolling toward the fans.

He’s played really well with (Justin) Schultz, which is easier for him because he’s playing on his natural side. I don’t think he’s been given a fair shot and overall I’ve been fine with his play.

Yeah, that still happened.

Reactions: Shady Machine

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
jack-johnson-has-been-fine.jpg

Penguin's GM Jim Rutherford addresses the media

Reactions: treeni12

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
New day, Johnson still sucks

I would rather have Daver on the roster, as the GM and as a girlfriend than keeping Johnson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->