The All Purpose "Jack Johnson Sucks" Thread

Will they need to add a sweetener to trade Johnson?

• Total voters

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I like how the narrative is now "he hits tho!" Despite the guy being sold to the fans (well... those that somehow didn't catch a Jackets game for years) as some sort of puck mover.

Just like how Scuderi was essential because of his shot blocking. Or, in other words, both always finding themselves on the defensive end of the puck because they are hemmed in their end nonstop.

I don't know if it's apologist garbage or just lazy.
JJ defenders will tell you “just wait till the playoffs and he’ll be worth his weight in gold”...

Problem is that because of him, they might not make the playoffs...

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
JR is playing 4D chess - the team is saddled with JJ all season long, barely makes the playoffs. Then JJ is scratched and everyone feels liberated and inspired. We go 16-0 on our way to the Cup!

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
BuT sUlLy SHouLd JuSt SCRatCh hImmmmm

I want to keep telling myself that JR/Sully both know he’s terrible but don’t want to scratch him because it will make his contract that much harder to move. Obviously that’s a pipe dream but I want it to be true.

More seriously, with all of the self correcting and tinkering JR does with the roster... It’s a hard pill to swallow that this tire fire is going to be a regular for years to come. This is really the hill they want to die on?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Since when has Sully had a problem scratching players JR likes?

Problem is the other options we have. Behind JJ we have two rookies, a fringe Nhler and a Schultz coming off a major injury. A guy like JJ, no matter how bad, will always play over those guys. Its up to JR to kick JJ out of our 'best' 6 options.....but you saw what he said.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Problem is the other options we have. Behind JJ we have two rookies, a fringe Nhler and a Schultz coming off a major injury. A guy like JJ, no matter how bad, will always play over those guys. Its up to JR to kick JJ out of our 'best' 6 options.....but you saw what he said.

Why? Pearson just sat out. What makes Johnson and his garbage play bullet-proof?

The rookies and fringe NHLers are better than JJ.

Reactions: Peat

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Since when has Sully had a problem scratching players JR likes?

Don’t think it’s a similar situation. You can only tell your boss they f***ed up so many times, and it’s not exactly like Sullivan has had a lot of cushion this year given the team never hitting a stride. Mostly because of f***ing Jack Johnson.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Why? Pearson just sat out. What makes Johnson and his garbage play bullet-proof?

I dont even know at this point. Im just preparing myself for when JJ plays every single game in the playoffs. Im not getting my hopes up at all. We're stuck with him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Because that was JR's signature signing. He's been all in on it from day 1, to the point that he said Torts, Sully's coaching mentor, if you will, was wrong to ever scratch him.

Any coach would get THAT message . . . 'IF you scratch him and you don't win it all, it's your ass'.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
If the Pens win a cup with Jack Johnson on the roster...

...okay laughs aside:

1. Does it automatically make them the most impressive Penguin team of all time?

2. Would it be more impressive than the 1980 'miracle' Gold medal victory?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Imagine how much better the Defense would be if we signed Cole to 3.5 x 3 or something like that. Cole was somewhat overrated here but JJ<<<Cole.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I mean Id have loved for Scud... um er I mean Johnson to work out, if for no other reason than to make Torts look stupid again....and maybe he will turn things around in the playoffs or next season, but for now I don’t think you can defend his play much at all

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad