Prospect Info: The 2020 - 2021 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
It turned out that Brandon Sutter is better than both of them.
Better at what? Being an offensive black hole with little talent, effort, leadership and intangibles? Yikes

Sheener

Feb 7, 2014
You'd have the think the one prospect that has suffered the most in terms of development in the last year+ due to to COVID has been Michael Dipietro. He hasn't played in a game since Mar. 11th, 2020 and going back to 2019 he's only made 36 AHL appearances in over 2 years. He won't be going to Utica this season and maybe he gets a start or 2 in the final week of the season for the Canucks which means by the time next season rolls around he'll have barely played in 19-20 months. Will be interesting to see how this affects him going forward.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
You'd have the think the one prospect that has suffered the most in terms of development in the last year+ due to to COVID has been Michael Dipietro. He hasn't played in a game since Mar. 11th, 2020 and going back to 2019 he's only made 36 AHL appearances in over 2 years. He won't be going to Utica this season and maybe he gets a start or 2 in the final week of the season for the Canucks which means by the time next season rolls around he'll have barely played in 19-20 months. Will be interesting to see how this affects him going forward.
Probably plays friday

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
It’s worth mentioning that Madden was at 1 goal and 4 points in 12 supposedly watered down AHL games before suffering a concussion.
Yeh it is only watered down in regards to Gadjovich success LA king prospects are poster child for watered down but it Seems like Madden is struggling there.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Are you privy to something beyond his underwhelming AHL stat line.
No. He had well over a ppg in the NCAA as a 19/20 year old. He has played 12 games in the AHL. If prospects were judge based on their first 12 games in the AHL..I'm not sure what to say. Since Kesler is a topic of the day, I'll point out the he had 3 goals and 8 assists in first season in the AHL (33 games).
Madden projects as a solid 3rd line centre that can move into the 2C if necessary.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
No. He had well over a ppg in the NCAA as a 19/20 year old. He has played 12 games in the AHL. If prospects were judge based on their first 12 games in the AHL..I'm not sure what to say. Since Kesler is a topic of the day, I'll point out the he had 3 goals and 8 assists in first season in the AHL (33 games).
Madden projects as a solid 3rd line centre that can move into the 2C if necessary.
The point is we are not missing Madden. He's going to have to break into the league on wing because LA has 2-3 elite prospects down the middle + Kopitar/Anderson-Dolan. The motive for the trade was to get our team playoff experience which is exactly what happened so what is the big deal?

Madden, Gaudette, these players are not significant to our success.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
The point is we are not missing Madden. He's going to have to break into the league on wing because LA has 2-3 elite prospects down the middle + Kopitar/Anderson-Dolan. The motive for the trade was to get our team playoff experience which is exactly what happened so what is the big deal?

My original response brought up Jared McCann and, by responding to the previous post, inferred Madden. My point was that the team is really good at trading away players that could potentially develop into filling the 3C role. And that is very important for competitiveness and success. The more prospects with that profile the better.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
My original response brought up Jared McCann and, by responding to the previous post, inferred Madden. My point was that the team is really good at trading away players that could potentially develop into filling the 3C role. And that is very important for competitiveness and success. The more prospects with that profile the better.
McCann would be handy. Any center who can play pk and is not a black hole offensively would be good. Maybe Miller is the answer? If not I think it is the team's biggest need.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
McCann would be handy. Any center who can play pk and is not a black hole offensively would be good. Maybe Miller is the answer? If not I think it is the team's biggest need.
I like Miller at centre too. Especially in the playoff on nights when they need to overplay the top nine. Going into 3 sets of pairs
Eg
Pettersson-Boeser
Horvat-Pearson
Miller-Podkolzin???

Having Miller as a 3C could be a really good fit for Podkolzin as he gets he gets acclimated to the NHL.

Fill in the other three slots with Hoglander as one and two yet to be determined. It will be easier to acquire a winger than a centre.

Last edited:

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I like Miller at centre too. Especially in the playoff on nights when they need to overplay the top nine. Going into 3 sets of pairs
Eg
Pettersson-Boeser
Horvat-Pearson
Miller-Podkolzin???

Having Miller as a 3C could be a really good fit for Podkolzin a he gets he gets acclimated to the NHL.

Fill in the other three slots with Hoglander as one and two yet to be determined. It will be easier to acquire a winger than a centre.

I'd put Motte, Hog and Virtanen on those wings. Then on the 4th line you have the usual waiver wire fodder (Vesey/Boyd/MacEwen). I'd run with that unless you can acquire/sign an upgrade at a relatively good deal (ha ha yeah right JB). Jake has historically played well with EP and BB.

They need to find or draft a legitimate addition to their defense as well.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Yeah totally, we need a GM and scouts that can draft players that will be significant to our success. Madden and Gaudette were BRUTAL picks. Right bub?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'd put Motte, Hog and Virtanen on those wings. Then on the 4th line you have the usual waiver wire fodder (Vesey/Boyd/MacEwen). I'd run with that unless you can acquire/sign an upgrade at a relatively good deal (ha ha yeah right JB). Jake has historically played well with EP and BB.

They need to find or draft a legitimate addition to their defense as well.
Agreed. Virtanen and Motte are the best current options for the other two slots. It's a weakness though if one of those guys is playing on the 2nd line. They need to acquire at least one other winger.
But I also agree that the focus must be on defensemen. They are in a serious situation particularly if Juolevi shows he’s a #7 more than a #5 and if Rathbone isn’t quite ready.
Bowey doesn’t look like he’s the answer and Tryamkin is a long shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce