Prospect Info: The 2020 - 2021 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Apparently he's been in Van for a week or so recovering from a broken nose.
Could this week here be considered week one to a two week quarantine, and after the team’s week off we see Lind called up, and immediately get to play?

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
For every unicorn like Virtanen (who was 2 years younger than Lockwood and had a completely different toolbox) there are 100 other guys who can't make that jump.
If anything Virtanen is a good case in point. He's still in over his head. No confidence, looks to pass on every open look, makes horrible passes in every zone leading to turnovers. His redeeming quality - speed, looks to have diminished somehow. Just a huge whiff of a player.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
How to become a 10 goals scorer in the League:
Start off as a 18 Goals scorer and suffer through another season of "Green's honesty".

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
How to become a 10 goals scorer in the League:
Start off as a 18 Goals scorer and suffer through another season of "Green's honesty".
If Virtanen had been drafted where he should have been (he was a second-rounder that year on Craig Button's list) then people would consider his career to 'be on track'. He's producing what you'd expect from a guy who fell out of the first round.

But as we all know, the Canucks 'reached' for Virtanen in that draft. Was it the fact he was a local kid; were the owners looking for a player they could market; or did the scouts just drop the ball? Probably a combination of all three.

As Canuck fans, our curse is watching guys like Ehlers and Matthew Tkachuk light us up for a decade, and knowing they were on the board when we picked Virtanen and Juolevi.

Reactions: Wolfhard

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
If Virtanen had been drafted where he should have been (he was a second-rounder that year on Craig Button's list) then people would consider his career to 'be on track'. He's producing what you'd expect from a guy who fell out of the first round.

But as we all know, the Canucks 'reached' for Virtanen in that draft. Was it the fact he was a local kid; were the owners looking for a player they could market; or did the scouts just drop the ball? Probably a combination of all three.

As Canuck fans, our curse is watching guys like Ehlers and Matthew Tkachuk light us up for a decade, and knowing they were on the board when we picked Virtanen and Juolevi.
Quite a curse considering top 2 in Calder voting in last 3 years. Boeser, Petterson and Hughes, even Virtanen's draft brought Demko. Not that Ehlers and Tkchuk wouldn't be welcome additions but they are not Hughes or Petterson.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Ouch. I actually quite like the name Mazden :laugh:
Yeah my neighbours name is Mazden and had a teacher in high school with the name too. Thought it was nice :laugh:

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Wtf is a Mazden?

Zoom zoom?
Krz=Cruise I need to learn more about the family. Where are the from what alphabet do they used etc. They are breaking the vowel rule without reason. Is adding a u to make it Kruz, or spell it Cruz or Cruise unreasonable. I do not mind unique names or rate names too harshly. Also, as anyone who has read my posts knows grammar and spelling are two things I ignore in life, however naming A kid one thing then spelling it differently than it sounds is passive aggressive child abuse of boy named Sue proportions. Maybe they just hate teachers and wanted them to struggled? At least he will be able to tell if person on the phone is a stranger. Hi is Chris/Kurz there?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There are few things more annoying than selfish parents trying to prove how smart and original they are by giving a child a stupid 'unique' name ... that will be 90 years of inconvenience for that child because nobody will ever be able to spell it. If you're deciding to call your kid 'Kiel' instead of Kyle, you're an idiot.

Mazden is at least spellable.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I believe so, yes. Lind will be available to play after the teams break

To ride in the Taxi or play? If he plays, will it be 6 minutes between the 1st and 2nd period and then sit the whole 3rd. Next game scratched. Third game another 5 minutes ended with a mistake and 30 minutes on the bench and then back to the Taxi for a couple weeks before another 6 minutes?

You won't learn anything about this kid's ability to play at the NHL level or even promise to do such if you don't put him in the top 6 and let him go for a couple games. He will never be a bottom six forward. He is top 6 or bust. All the agitation in the world won't keep him on the roster if he can't play at this level.

Green may be the worst coach in the world to give young players a chance to show their stuff. We know they will make mistakes. Point them out and let them work it out. If they can't do it, it will be proven. It also gives the guy a recipe for what he has to work on before his next return visit.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Sorry for the lack of updates to the main post. This COVID lull and our TDL has me more than a little disinterested in the team right now. It's all updated now.
Thanks Nor, I too am more disinterested in the team in my entire time as a fan (10 years). That TDL I wasnt even angry, I just laughed

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Thanks Nor, I too am more disinterested in the team in my entire time as a fan (10 years). That TDL I wasnt even angry, I just laughed
The TDL went exactly as we all knew it would
This coming draft we have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2 5ths and 2 6ths and a 7th

who wants to bet we end up with less by the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad