Prospect Info: The 2020 - 2021 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Joni Jurmo has been loaned to Kiekko-Espoo of the Mestis league. Hopefully, he's able to produce something there as he's struggled against the level of competition in Liiga.
Should have taken Thompson

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Joni Jurmo has been loaned to Kiekko-Espoo of the Mestis league. Hopefully, he's able to produce something there as he's struggled against the level of competition in Liiga.
Great skills, but (like Broberg if the Oilers) low IQ. Game just goes by too fast for either guy to keep up, no matter how fast they skate.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Linus Karlsson seems to be having a good season in Sweden. 41 points in 43 games while centering the top-line in the second league. He's turning 22 in November so if he's ever going to jump over, now's the time. Biggest issue seems to be his skating.

Linus Karlsson

"December 2020 – The 21-year-old has found his sea legs after a slow start to the Allsvenskan season. His 22 points in as many contests sit seventh in the league. That mark is good for tops amongst U22 skaters. His production has been driven by a hot streak which has witnessed him score five goals and 17 points over his last 12 games. The shot is nice. The anticipation and awareness are legitimate. Yet, skating remains a serious issue. He needs to add better quickness and overall speed if he has true aspiration of becoming an NHL regular someday. Cam Robinson"

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Linus Karlsson seems to be having a good season in Sweden. 41 points in 43 games while centering the top-line in the second league. He's turning 22 in November so if he's ever going to jump over, now's the time. Biggest issue seems to be his skating.

Linus Karlsson

"December 2020 – The 21-year-old has found his sea legs after a slow start to the Allsvenskan season. His 22 points in as many contests sit seventh in the league. That mark is good for tops amongst U22 skaters. His production has been driven by a hot streak which has witnessed him score five goals and 17 points over his last 12 games. The shot is nice. The anticipation and awareness are legitimate. Yet, skating remains a serious issue. He needs to add better quickness and overall speed if he has true aspiration of becoming an NHL regular someday. Cam Robinson"
I agree and hope he's able to join the Comets/Canucks next season, assuming things are normal enough for this to be viable, of course.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Given the paucity of natural centers on the Canucks roster, Karlsson might get a look. Hopefully if he comes over, the Canucks can take a look at him for a full season in Utica.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Given the paucity of natural centers on the Canucks roster, Karlsson might get a look. Hopefully if he comes over, the Canucks can take a look at him for a full season in Utica.
Yeah, we're pretty thin on centers even at the prospect level. I'll leave off Karlsson and just list who else we have.

Costmar is interesting and I'll be curious to see how he comes back from his shoulder injury next season. Is Lind somebody the organization views as a center moving forward or is this just an experiment due to the roster Utica has to work with? Beyond them, we have a tier with more question marks with the likes of Kunz, Focht, Zlodeyev, and Zhukenov. Below that is Jasek who's rapidly becoming just an AHL guy and somebody who's way closer to Europe bound than he is to the NHL.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Plasek had a goal and an assist to bring his Extraliga points total to 9.

Zhukenov notched an assist in the KHL to score his 4th point in 7 games at that level. Is there something to this 23-year-old Russian?

In bad news, Thiessen has still yet to win a game in 6 starts this season.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
McDonough already has an NHL shot and release....a lot of his goals on heavy one-timers that give the goalie no time to get set....I have no idea if his skating has matched the improvement in the rest of his game.....but if he can pick up a step, he can have a productive pro career.....not bad for a 7th rounder.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
well it’s been about 3 days since his season ending Head Injury, so I think Russia will have him playing today
Can Podzilla refuse to play if pressured?
Hopefully this isn’t like what we did to Hodgson, when we misdiagnosed his muscular disease, bad mouthed him in the press, and then forced him into unhealthy circumstances.

Reactions: Izzy Goodenough

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Hopefully this isn’t like what we did to Hodgson, when we misdiagnosed his muscular disease, bad mouthed him in the press, and then forced him into unhealthy circumstances.

I don’t know what liberties Russians give their players but I imagine he can refuse to play, hopefully his agent is able to represent him if he doesn’t feel comfortable

Reactions: Luckylarry

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Wow

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

Allegedly, Hodgson's Dad was a complete nutcase and constantly harassed AV/Gillis to give Cody more minutes. This was likely done out of spite, but it was a bad move to go tit-for-tat.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It was ugly at the time, and
Cody got an independent doctor involved, which made things even worse. I’m hoping Pods gets really good care over there, and his health is put first. The sooner he is here, the better.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It was ugly at the time, and
Cody got an independent doctor involved, which made things even worse. I’m hoping Pods gets really good care over there, and his health is put first. The sooner he is here, the better.

I thought Vigneault was a good coach, but he should have publicly apologized for his public implication that Hodgson's decision to seek a second opinion showed immaturity. The "code" for the NHL covers a lot of stuff around punching, but not that.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I thought Vigneault was a good coach, but he should have publicly apologized for his public implication that Hodgson's decision to seek a second opinion showed immaturity. The "code" for the NHL covers a lot of stuff around punching, but not that.
AV’s not one for sincere apologies delivered with a straight face.

Reactions: lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Given the history of Canucks medical and training staff, I'd get third, fourth and fifth opinion if I had an injury that might jeopardize my career.

I mean you don't want to end up on LTIR for the next three years like Michael Ferland (sic).

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Given the history of Canucks medical and training staff, I'd get third, fourth and fifth opinion if I had an injury that might jeopardize my career.

I mean you don't want to end up on LTIR for the next three years like Michael Ferland (sic).

It's amazing that the Canucks can't seem to find someone from Toronto, St. Louis or Tampa to enable them to stash big ticket players on the LTIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad