Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides Jack Hughes, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Albin Grewe, C/RW [Djurgardens J20, SuperElit]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Suppose we get 1OA but we are willing to trade down and take Kakko instead of Hughes. What would you ask for in return?
I don't think Sakic would trade away Hughes, even for Kakko +

Hughes as a second line center would be unbelievable, and we could fill winger roles as needed.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008

Foppa lite

I think if the Avs drafted him, and he was making these sort of plays in the NHL, he would be my favourite player. And it probably wouldn't be close. The nostalgia boost is strong with this one.

Reactions: Murzu

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This is Jack Hughes next to Crosby. Told you guys he was too small :sarcasm:

befEzs4.png

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, no way you trade Hughes if you get the 1st OA pick.

Mack RH shot
Hughes LH shot

That 1, 2 center punch would be ideal for a team like the Avs

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Has anybody else noticed that this is the "Entry NHL Draft" thread rather than "NHL Entry Draft"? :sarcasm:

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Yeah, no way you trade Hughes if you get the 1st OA pick.

Mack RH shot
Hughes LH shot

That 1, 2 center punch would be ideal for a team like the Avs

Does R or L handedness make a difference for centers? Not meant to be obnoxious. I've no idea.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Does R or L handedness make a difference for centers? Not meant to be obnoxious. I've no idea.
The most basic thing is you looking to the for hand side a lot.I'm don't think it makes a difference for someone like Crosby

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It doesn't make much difference, Avs had Forsberg and Sakic both lefties, but having RH and LH center duo could be beneficial in certain situations like having them positioned on PP if let's say Mack and Hughes were put on same PP unit.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Decided to finish the USNTDP game instead of the Avs first period. Hughes gets knocked down, the puck goes into the corner, he waits for the scrum to end, picks up the puck from the scrum, and sets up the defender to win the game with ten seconds left. Outstanding play by him.

Also Cam York is a wonderful player.
Also also I came away really impressed by Casey McCarthy.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
This is Jack Hughes next to Crosby. Told you guys he was too small :sarcasm:

befEzs4.png

The above photo is from a few years ago.

Here is a Much more recent from just a few weeks ago. He is noticeably smaller in weight, but height seems much closer.

F9B2DAF0-71FC-4EA7-964F-D1459BB31F60.jpeg

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
When was that picture taken? He looks like hes avout 12 in that picture, every tape I've seen on him didn't seem like he was smaller then everyone else. Maybe it's just me

I’m sorry to crush the party if you’re joking but that photo was taken years ago. Used as a past/present to show how much he’s grown

The above photo is from a few years ago.

Here is a Much more recent from just a few weeks ago. He is noticeably smaller in weight, but height seems much closer

Lots of people need to look up at that joke going over their heads. Jesus..

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What does everyone think of Spiridonov? 10 points through the first 12 MHL games so far, high motor and good two-way play. CS giving him a C rating seems a touch low to me.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Imagine the AVs draft 2nd (don’t believe Hughes will happen) and just make the playoffs. They select 2nd/16th and only draft RWs?

No need for Stone, the right side will be deadly:

Rants
Kakko
Podkolzin
Kaut

Keep the draft picks and forget about Stone.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
We are only slightly more likely to draft Kakko than Hughes... Counting on #2 is just as fallacious as counting on #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad