Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides Jack Hughes, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Albin Grewe, C/RW [Djurgardens J20, SuperElit]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Bleed well:
- KHL>SEL>NLA>FEL>GEL(german league)>the rest....
- KHL>SEL/NLA/FEL>GEL

Henchman:
- NHL > KHL > SEL > FEL > NLA > NCAA > OHL > USHL >QMJHL = WHL > BCHL = Various Euro Junior leagues > Minn HS > AJHL

Your rankings are basically the same... In your first point you have NLA/FEL swapped, and in the second you have all three SEL/NLA/FEL as interchangeable whereas Hench has the FEL>NLA.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
giphy.gif
That's mature respond. You need help with your list and I'm giving it to you. Too proud for that? Ok.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Bleed well:
- KHL>SEL>NLA>FEL>GEL(german league)>the rest....
- KHL>SEL/NLA/FEL>GEL

Henchman:
- NHL > KHL > SEL > FEL > NLA > NCAA > OHL > USHL >QMJHL = WHL > BCHL = Various Euro Junior leagues > Minn HS > AJHL

Your rankings are basically the same... In your first point you have NLA/FEL swapped, and in the second you have all three SEL/NLA/FEL as interchangeable whereas Hench has the FEL>NLA.
Yep but finnish league is not better than NLA in no means. Not anymore. And also the german league is pretty close to that SEL/FEL/NLA group nowadays. Many teams have double the budget than finnish teams and it's starting to show. Sadly for a finn.

Reactions: New Scotlander

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That's mature respond. You need help with your list and I'm giving it to you. Too proud for that? Ok.

Yeah... by just slamming my Euro knowledge and offering nothing. I was the biggest tire pumper here of Kotka last year and said he was going top 5 maybe 3 since last fall. I know Euro leagues quite well. You might disagree with them, but your evidence here is quite poor. A immature response initially (yours), gets an immature retort (mine).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yep but finnish league is not better than NLA in no means. Not anymore. And also the german league is pretty close to that SEL/FEL/NLA group nowadays. Many teams have double the budget than finnish teams and it's starting to show. Sadly for a finn.

The NLA is close to FEL, but it just doesn't produce the talent. It is a mercenary league for the most part filled with a number of run offs. The FEL isn't the highest of quality leagues, but it produces some major talent and I'd say the talent level is higher consistently. Give me a Barkov/Rantanen young player over a Brule.

Reactions: Vaslof

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah... by just slamming my Euro knowledge and offering nothing. I was the biggest tire pumper here of Kotka last year and said he was going top 5 maybe 3 since last fall. I know Euro leagues quite well. You might disagree with them, but your evidence here is quite poor. A immature response initially (yours), gets an immature retort (mine).
What? Ok poor was maybe too harsh but otherwise that is correct. Didn't mean to diss you just help. I live Finland and follow euro hockey very closely. Finnish league for example is slowly sinking and no hockey gm, reporter etc here think that our league is better than the swiss league. Things are changing here. We have great young prospects and over the hill veterans. All the players in their prime not good enough to NHL are playing in the KHL/NLA/SEL because they pay more. And the german league is close also.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
The NLA is close to FEL, but it just doesn't produce the talent. It is a mercenary league for the most part filled with a number of run offs. The FEL isn't the highest of quality leagues, but it produces some major talent and I'd say the talent level is higher consistently. Give me a Barkov/Rantanen young player over a Brule.
Sure Finland is way better at producing great talents but that doesn't lift the league's overall level if you have one or two future firstrounders playing in your league. Other info above.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What? Ok poor was maybe too harsh but otherwise that is correct. Didn't mean to diss you just help. I live Finland and follow euro hockey very closely. Finnish league for example is slowly sinking and no hockey gm, reporter etc here think that our league is better than the swiss league. Things are changing here. We have great young prospects and over the hill veterans. All the players in their prime not good enough to NHL are playing in the KHL/NLA/SEL because they pay more. And the german league is close also.

We simply disagree on the NLA and FEL... I get NLA pays more, but that doesn't always make a league. IE the AHL is a far superior league to the NLA, but pays half or less consistently.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sure Finland is way better at producing great talents but that doesn't lift the league's overall level if you have one or two future firstrounders playing in your league. Other info above.

I think you are significantly overrating the difference between a player like Joonas Nattinen and Josh Holden... both leagues are filled with scrubs and castoffs. The Swiss might have Arcabello and Cervenka at the top, but it sure dies quick on the talent levels after that. And in those cases I'd gladly take the talent level of younger players over guys who want to leave the AHL to secure their retirement.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Where would the AHL rank? Just ahead of NCAA?

Just behind the KHL... closer to equal than most would think though. The bottom of the KHL is very bad to where most AHL teams could do really well against them. The top of the KHL is very good to where the best AHL teams wouldn't stand a chance.

In the end though... I'm not a big strength of league sort of guy. Talent is talent and it will be found no matter where it is at. It makes it tougher to evaluate how good players are at lower levels, but you can still find talent in them (IE teams will draft out of random high schools every year).

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The difference in caliber between CHL leagues is marginal at best. It's not OK to put the USHL in between the OHL and the Q/WHL.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The difference in caliber between CHL leagues is marginal at best. It's not OK to put the USHL in between the OHL and the Q/WHL.
The difference between the USHL and the CHL is closer than you think... people still think of it the way it was 5 years ago, it's improved a ton even since then.

Reactions: Pure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad