Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides Jack Hughes, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Albin Grewe, C/RW [Djurgardens J20, SuperElit]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Eh, it'd just require Makar not to bust & bambi to make it past his concussion.

Not quite. Meloche is still a question mark, especially as a top 4 guy. Also, it's still unclear whether or not Z can be a top pairing defenceman on a legitimate cup winning team because that's what we're going for here right?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Podkolzin has something in his game that I just don’t care for much. I can’t fully put my finger on it yet, but something just isn’t right there. He’s easily a top 10 talent, but something is off to me.

Is it because of just how many of his goals are utterly audacious, you question if he'll ever be a consistently elite producer at the NHL level? That's the question I see for him, but I still love that talent & would love to leave draft night with him n Zibby.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Looks great on paper today but many things would have to go right for this to happen.

Anybody have any interest in Byram? Would love to sure up the team's defence with another stuff prospect at D. You can never go wrong with several strong defencemen. See Nashville.
The pool does need some help at LD, and Byram is my top D so far in the draft. I wouldn't be mad if he was the pick, but I would also be good with taking a project like Bjornfot, Warren, or Vlasic with our 1st (would be in the 20s at this point) to shore up that side of our system, because we'd have the luxury of taking our time with them.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
The pool does need some help at LD, and Byram is my top D so far in the draft. I wouldn't be mad if he was the pick, but I would also be good with taking a project like Bjornfot, Warren, or Vlasic with our 1st (would be in the 20s at this point) to shore up that side of our system, because we'd have the luxury of taking our time with them.

Truth is we can't go wrong with either a 2C or top 4 D prospect. If we're going with one or the other it may be worth asking which position would be easier to fill via other means.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Truth is we can't go wrong with either a 2C or top 4 D prospect. If we're going with one or the other it may be worth asking which position would be easier to fill via other means.
With two firsts, we can try to address both. But if you want quicker NHL impact, a forward with the high Sens first is the way to go, and then just taking BPA with the later one to have ELC talent available when we're competing.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
With two firsts, we can try to address both. But if you want quicker NHL impact, a forward with the high Sens first is the way to go, and then just taking BPA with the later one to have ELC talent available when we're competing.

Ya this makes the most sense.

Out of curiosity does anyone have an idea how long Byram is from NHL duty.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm still a little butt hurt over Bigras, Elliott, Siemens etc. My poor butthole needs to be protected.

FWIW I was never in on Stef & grew skeptical of Dunk really quickly. And with Bigras I blame the concussions that came from him getting blown up every-damn-time he had the puck...though that was always his biggest red flag, so I can't shift the blame on that one completely lol. *sigh* That all said I was never as high on Bigras as I've been on Zadorov & Meloche since the were drafted.

Barrie & Girard are the only Avs blueliners who I was as (or more) excited to see in Avs sweaters before they ever joined the team, as Russian Nik & French Nic. Which is the kernel of truth at the heart of this long-running joke.

PS next time don't forget the lube, it really makes all the difference.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I had an unholy obsession with Elliott and Peter Mueller. They do have some talent but clearly I was wrong. Bigras and Siemens on the other hand never really impressed me, I still want Ryan Murphy in the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: RareDangles

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
What's the difference between Byram and Broberg?

I don't really watch Juniors that much besides some WJC and Mem Cup. I've seen those 2 brought up a bunch. Where are they expected to be drafted and what is their potential?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
So who are the mid to late round dmen to watch out for this year? The way I see it, we’ll grab a top 6 potential forward with the Ottawa pick and then a good d prospect with our own.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
So who are the mid to late round dmen to watch out for this year? The way I see it, we’ll grab a top 6 potential forward with the Ottawa pick and then a good d prospect with our own.
Tobias Bjornfot, Marshall Warren, Alex Vlasic, and Moritz Seider are all guys I like in the 20s-ish area we currently sit in. All but Seider are left handed too, so that fills a need. Bjornfot and Warren are more offensive guys, Vlasic and Seider more defensive, but all would need some development time to round out their game. Bjornfot and Seider have the advantage of being Euros who can come over now, Vlasic and Warren are both NCAA commits.

What's the difference between Byram and Broberg?

I don't really watch Juniors that much besides some WJC and Mem Cup. I've seen those 2 brought up a bunch. Where are they expected to be drafted and what is their potential?
I'd say Broberg is more dynamic, but Byram is a rock defensively and just so damn smart, so far he has the edge on Broberg. Both are in my top 10 though. As for how they'll end up drafted, it's too soon to tell. But I think both are really high end, top pair or better prospects.

Reactions: Avalanche

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Tobias Bjornfot, Marshall Warren, Alex Vlasic, and Moritz Seider are all guys I like in the 20s-ish area we currently sit in. All but Seider are left handed too, so that fills a need. Bjornfot and Warren are more offensive guys, Vlasic and Seider more defensive, but all would need some development time to round out their game. Bjornfot and Seider have the advantage of being Euros who can come over now, Vlasic and Warren are both NCAA commits.

I'd say Broberg is more dynamic, but Byram is a rock defensively and just so damn smart, so far he has the edge on Broberg. Both are in my top 10 though. As for how they'll end up drafted, it's too soon to tell. But I think both are really high end, top pair or better prospects.
Broberg needs to work on his puckhandling skills was the word from the latest draft rankings

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is it because of just how many of his goals are utterly audacious, you question if he'll ever be a consistently elite producer at the NHL level? That's the question I see for him, but I still love that talent & would love to leave draft night with him n Zibby.

Could be that... could be his tendency to go invisible for stretches in a game then end up with 2 points as a result of just 2 plays... I see some IQ questions... Don't know yet. I want to catch more on him simply because I think there are some holes in his game and I'd like to see if those are just mirages or if they are actually there.

Mid to late 1st round defensemen to look at... Thomas Harley (even in a weak OHL year I like him), Cam York, Moritz Seider, Mikko Kokkonen, and Victor Soderstrom are some names that will filter from 10-60.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Could be that... could be his tendency to go invisible for stretches in a game then end up with 2 points as a result of just 2 plays... I see some IQ questions... Don't know yet. I want to catch more on him simply because I think there are some holes in his game and I'd like to see if those are just mirages or if they are actually there.

Mid to late 1st round defensemen to look at... Thomas Harley (even in a weak OHL year I like him), Cam York, Moritz Seider, Mikko Kokkonen, and Victor Soderstrom are some names that will filter from 10-60.

Between real life & getting back into the NBA, I haven't watched many full games of his, but he seemed to pop on more shifts than not in the couple games I did watch :dunno:

Made a lot of good passes, was an effective (though not quite Denisenko-esque) forechecker, his big-play threat forced constant defensive attention onto him, etc.; again limited viewings but I really like what I have seen. Just how ridiculous his goals often are is the only thing that sticks out to me as a major question with him; though I'm not sure I buy that as an actual negative yet.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Between real life & getting back into the NBA, I haven't watched many full games of his, but he seemed to pop on more shifts than not in the couple games I did watch :dunno:

Made a lot of good passes, was an effective (though not quite Denisenko-esque) forechecker, his big-play threat forced constant defensive attention onto him, etc.; again limited viewings but I really like what I have seen. Just how ridiculous his goals often are is the only thing that sticks out to me as a major question with him; though I'm not sure I buy that as an actual negative yet.

I need more viewings of him to feel more comfortable either way. I'm willing to give mulligans on certain games and situations, but I've seen enough where I have some doubt in my mind. I'm not ready to drop him, but also not ready to have him in the top 5.

I forgot Drew Helleson in the above defensive group. He might be the best breakout passer in this draft. Uncanny ability to spring players and control breakouts.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I need more viewings of him to feel more comfortable either way. I'm willing to give mulligans on certain games and situations, but I've seen enough where I have some doubt in my mind. I'm not ready to drop him, but also not ready to have him in the top 5.

I forgot Drew Helleson in the above defensive group. He might be the best breakout passer in this draft. Uncanny ability to spring players and control breakouts.

I feel like that's how I'm going to feel about this draft class as a whole :laugh:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Looking back, did we know 2012 was gonna be as weak a draft as it ended up being? 2015 has ended up being phenomenal and I don't think people predicted that, but most of the hype was lost because of the laser focus on the two guys at the very top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad