Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides Jack Hughes, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Albin Grewe, C/RW [Djurgardens J20, SuperElit]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
All i want for christmas is hughes
I love me some Hughes, but man Kakko and Podkolzin aren't bad relegation pieces either.

Coming away with Podkolzin and Cole Caufield would be legit since it's looking like Avs might finish in the early 20's (so far).

Heard great things about Ralph Lavoie and Matthew Boldy though. Kokkonen is another player I hear who is climbing the rankings thus far.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I love me some Hughes, but man Kakko and Podkolzin aren't bad relegation pieces either.

Coming away with Podkolzin and Cole Caufield would be legit since it's looking like Avs might finish in the early 20's (so far).

Heard great things about Ralph Lavoie and Matthew Boldy though. Kokkonen is another player I hear who is climbing the rankings thus far.
Boldy is great, he a strong two-way winger who finishes and is engaged all over the ice. I haven't seen Kokkonen though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Boldy is great, he a strong two-way winger who finishes and is engaged all over the ice. I haven't seen Kokkonen though.
Yeah Boldy is someone who reminds me of a fearless workhorse, but besides those many bottom 6ers he has legit talent. Kokkonen is a very IQ driven player. Doesn't possess a lot of dynamic talent on either end of the rink, but plays a mobile modern game where there are enough tools to be considered a 1st rounder as of now. Picture a playing style and transition game similar to Alec Martinez.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think Boldy solidly finds his way into the top 7, maybe top 5. He is the type of player that teams just fall in love with and has such a high floor.

Ryan Suzuki has been unreal so far this season. If he was more willing to get his nose dirty, I think you'd see him getting a lot more hype right now.

Reactions: Pure

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Just gonna throw a hypothetical idea out there:

I’ve been following Hughes and Kakko pretty extensively and they are definitely both excellent top tier players.

Hughes is like a better Kane.
Kakko is like a slightly softer Forsberg.

Personally, i’ll Take a forsberg-type player over a Kane-type player every time... (Again, both are great)

So if the avs were to land the first overall pick, and hypothetically if a team like Vancouver were to land the second overall pick, would you consider swapping the #1OV and #2OV so that Vancouver could unite the Hughes bros? And we could land Kakko plus pick up a Second or a Prospect?

Edit: I suppose a deal like this would include a guarantee of which player they would pick... not like it really matters that much.

2nd edit: this is probably just dreaming but imagine getting Kakko + another 1st + 2 2nds + 2 3rds all in the same draft... that would really turn the Duchene trade into a win lol

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I’ve been following Hughes and Kakko pretty extensively and they are definitely both excellent top tier players.

Personally, i’ll Take a forsberg-type player over a Kane-type player every time... (Again, both are great)

So if the avs were to land the first overall pick, and hypothetically if a team like Vancouver were to land the second overall pick, would you consider swapping the #1OV and #2OV so that Vancouver could unite the Hughes bros? And we could land Kakko plus pick up a Second or a Prospect?

Edit: I suppose a deal like this would include a guarantee of which player they would pick... not like it really matters that much.

Depends on what they add to the 2OA. But there’s a 99% chance I’m taking Hughes and running.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

We’ve kinda been over this a few times already, but I believe that Hughes is the clearly better prospect/player between the two. Not to slight Kakko because he’s a gem as well, but unless they’re giving us something pretty stupid on top of the 2OA I see no reason to take the lesser prospect.

Of course this all probably pointless conversation because I just see no way we end up with the 1OA pick. But still fun to speculate on.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
We’ve kinda been over this a few times already, but I believe that Hughes is the clearly better prospect/player between the two. Not to slight Kakko because he’s a gem as well, but unless they’re giving us something pretty stupid on top of the 2OA I see no reason to take the lesser prospect.

Of course this all probably pointless conversation because I just see no way we end up with the 1OA pick. But still fun to speculate on.

Too early to speculate on getting 1OA.

The likely chance is Top 10. Getting any of the Top Forwards + AVs pick would be outstanding.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018

2nd edit: this is probably just dreaming but imagine getting Kakko + another 1st + 2 2nds + 2 3rds all in the same draft... that would really turn the Duchene trade into a win lol
Kakko may very well end up being 1OA so Vancouver can have Hughes with their second without any trades etc.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Kakko may very well end up being 1OA so Vancouver can have Hughes with their second without any trades etc.
giphy.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ryan Suzuki has been unreal so far this season. If he was more willing to get his nose dirty, I think you'd see him getting a lot more hype right now.

You think his style will translate well? His brother hasn't been super impressive at the NHL level so far TBH (I know he's young). He lacks explosiveness for his size and he's also unwilling to get his nose dirty. Vegas had him penciled at wing in the NHL and Habs are realizing that too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You think his style will translate well? His brother hasn't been super impressive at the NHL level so far TBH (I know he's young). He lacks explosiveness for his size and he's also unwilling to get his nose dirty. Vegas had him penciled at wing in the NHL and Habs are realizing that too.

Nick is in his +2 season now... way too early to call anything. Ryan is a more talented and bigger Nick... same mentality, but probably has a higher hockey sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad