Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Besides Jack Hughes, who are you looking forward to the most?

• Albin Grewe, C/RW [Djurgardens J20, SuperElit]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nick is in his +2 season now... way too early to call anything. Ryan is a more talented and bigger Nick... same mentality, but probably has a higher hockey sense.
I would say that Ryan is more explosive and shifty around the opposing net, especially with the puck.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
Looking at stats, I noticed 2 guys that i did not know anything about before this year

1. Dillon Hamaliuk, LW , 6.3 190, WHL Seattle, GP 7 G:6 A: 9 Pts: 15 Pim: 8 +/-: +9

2. Jake Lee, LD, 6.2 216, WHL Seattle, GP 7 G:1 A: 9 Pts: 10 Pim: 11+/-: +6

I know it is early in the season, i know it is only numbers and I know I never seen those two guys play.

So my questions to you, did you see those guys play and what do you think of them.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
No disrespect to the Finnish posters here, as you lot are pretty much all leavel headed and probably aome of the better posters here, but some of the Finns on the main board are just making any Hughes thread insufferable. Not to mention that the Kakko thread is a nightmare, which is a shame because a lot of people will hate the kid just because of how some act there.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Looking at stats, I noticed 2 guys that i did not know anything about before this year

1. Dillon Hamaliuk, LW , 6.3 190, WHL Seattle, GP 7 G:6 A: 9 Pts: 15 Pim: 8 +/-: +9

I know it is early in the season, i know it is only numbers and I know I never seen those two guys play.

So my questions to you, did you see those guys play and what do you think of them.
Lee is a guy who has the tools to be a modern top 4 D. Skates well for his size, moves the puck rather well, solid defensively etc.

Hamaliuk, I don't know how to rate him. Seems he gets by to an extent because he is bigger than most, not a good skater, sometimes (in my limited viewings) seems a bit passive and reactionary rather than being the guy driving the play. Could be a top 6 winger, could be Chris Stewart 2.0.

Last edited:

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
No disrecpect to the Finnish posters here, as you lot are pretty much all leavel headed and probably aome of the better posters here, but some of the Finns on the main board are just making any Hughes thread insufferable. Not to mention that the Kakko thread is a nightmare, which is a shame because a lot of people will hate the kid just because of how some act there.

Not gonna hear any comparisons from me considering I haven't watched the other draftees yet lol

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Lee has that feeling of a guy who is solid at everything, great at nothing... I've learned to be more wary of those sorts as they transition up the professional ranks. Still a young player and a full draft year to change my thoughts on that. Hamaliuk is a toolsy power forward who is coming into his own... he isn't a driver of the play and I don't think he ever will be, but has a skill set I rather like. I'd need to see more controlling of the play or pace to really start elevating him past a mid rounder though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I don't know if this is intended for me, but I haven't seen any WHL games yet. Been watching a lot of European and USHL games instead. One guy I quite like from the OHL is Billy Constantinou; modern tool defender with above-average ability who likes playing the game really fast. Not sure how much talent he has, but like him between the 2nd and 3rd round currently (might be rising though).

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
I don't know if this is intended for me, but I haven't seen any WHL games yet. Been watching a lot of European and USHL games instead. One guy I quite like from the OHL is Billy Constantinou; modern tool defender with above-average ability who likes playing the game really fast. Not sure how much talent he has, but like him between the 2nd and 3rd round currently (might be rising though).

In part yes Seph. Ivan13, Henchman and you are 3 persons that always backup there opinions, so your opinions are very important for me

Reactions: Ivan13

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
In part yes Seph. Ivan13, Henchman and you are 3 persons that always backup there opinions, so your opinions are very important for me
Thanks for the compliment mr. Mike, always nice to hear from you as well. I would definetly say that I had limited viewings of both those players, so take my take on them with a grain of salt. I assume SEPH and Henchy have far better views on their games.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Jack Hughes
Jack Hughes Who?
J'accuse you
J'accuse me?
Ya you
Of what?
Kokoo koko kokko kokoon and burnt the house down

Note: J'accuse means "I accuse" in French.
Kokoo koko kokko kokoon means "put together the bonfire" in Finnish

Jack Hughes might be huge Red Wing fan? I did not know that.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Knock Knock
Who's There?
Jack Hughes
Jack Hughes Who?
J'accuse you
Of what?
Kokoo koko kokko kokoon and burnt the house down

Note: J'accuse means "I accuse" in French.
Kokoo koko kokko kokoon means "put together the bonfire" in Finnish
Well, actually... :sarcasm:

That's imperative mood only.

Reactions: StayPuft39

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I'm fully on the Kakko train. I'll prepare myself in advance to be disappointed when we don't get him, just like I was with Wahlstrom last year :laugh:

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I'm fully on the Kakko train. I'll prepare myself in advance to be disappointed when we don't get him, just like I was with Wahlstrom last year :laugh:
The top 3 would be amazing but I'm mentally preparing myself for something more along the top 10 range. It would take the lottery balls falling our way and the Avs are not that lucky when it comes to lottery balls. I'm am praying daily for a top 2 pick so we can either get Hughes or Kakko. Fingers crossed

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yep, even if it ends up being 31st overall that's Hepple's job to turn that pick into a legit prospect. Obviously the higher the pick the easier it is to do that but there should be gems throughout this draft.

Its going to suck if its not top 10. lol When was the last time we hit on anything beyond that?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I could actually see Kakko's game translating to being a C though.

Agreed... Kakko will probably only play a small portion of the season at center (like Kotka last season), but teams will pencil him in at center. I expect Kakko to play center at the junior tournaments this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->