flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Mark Seidel of NHL Central Scouting tweeted:

NA Central Scouting
@MarkSeidel

·
1h
"Just some rumblings on the Draft Floor. Chicago is really high on Kirby Dach. Buffalo loves Spencer Knight which doesn't make sense but that's the buzz. If Broberg gets to Edmonton, they will take him & the PK Subban to Leafs is REALLY heating up. Some I question but we'll see!"

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't get the fascination with Knight. I've never watched him and thought he looks like this franchise goalie some are hailing him as. At 7 and 31 I doubt he's even a realistic target anyhow.

I've watched him. I prefer a goalie who stops pucks rather than one who is all toolsie and has a ho-hum save %.

I hope this is obfuscation on Botterill's part. I have no desire to see them draft Knight.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Guys, taking Knight at #7 would be as mind-numbingly stupid as trading the next season's Stanley Cup, Conn Smythe, and Selke winner. What are the chances of that?

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
So who do people want at #7? Sorry, kinda late to the party. I'm hearing Caulfield is kinda the obvious pick? Would totally be ok with that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So who do people want at #7? Sorry, kinda late to the party. I'm hearing Caulfield is kinda the obvious pick? Would totally be ok with that.

Several thousand posts on that topic. Basically a few want just about everyone in that tier.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Several thousand posts on that topic. Basically a few want just about everyone in that tier.

I know, and I can't get through 'em all so I'm wondering if anyone has any insights on a) who might be there and b) what we think of those players. TSN had Caulfield going to us at 7- made it sound like he should be there and would be an excellent fit/pick? Obviously Knight is dumb, but I really don't think Botts reaches for a goalie. He can't be that dumb. Kirby Dach if he's there?

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I know, and I can't get through 'em all so I'm wondering if anyone has any insights on a) who might be there and b) what we think of those players. TSN had Caulfield going to us at 7- made it sound like he should be there and would be an excellent fit/pick? Obviously Knight is dumb, but I really don't think Botts reaches for a goalie. He can't be that dumb. Kirby Dach if he's there?
He made "that trade"

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Devils - Hughes
Rangers - Kakko
Blackhawks - Dach
Avalanche - Turcotte
Kings - Byram
Red Wings - Trevor Zegras
Sabres - Mathew Boldy
Oilers - Cole Caufield