Speculation: The 2019 Draft Thread 3 - Sabres pick 7th, 31st

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
A friend of mine's nephew went in the first round of the NBA draft the other night. It's funny, because her youngest played lax when I coached U9 and I was always trying to get her to sign him up for hockey. I've never seen such a natural athlete. Must be genetic.

Reactions: Franson

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
if we draft Krebs would he go up on stage in crutches or a wheelchair? Imagine drafting him and people not knowing about his injury seeing the Sabres drafting a guy accepting his jersey on crutches :laugh:

it would be the perfect meme for this smoldering train wreck of an organization.

I'd want him in the wheelchair and then getting up ala Snoop

[NSFW like you didn't know...]

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
A friend of mine's nephew went in the first round of the NBA draft the other night. It's funny, because her youngest played lax when I coached U9 and I was always trying to get her to sign him up for hockey. I've never seen such a natural athlete. Must be genetic.
Please tell me he's the kid who is going to save my poor Knicks!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'd take Mads Søgaard in the 3rd. He might even drop a little lower because he's almost certain to need hip surgery. He's someone UPL would have to look up to.
https://thehockeywriters.com/mads-sogaard-2019-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

In the Spencer Knight episode of the InGoal Mag pod, they talked about something interesting.

6'4" is the tallest goalie to win the Cup.

Apparently the Leafs won't draft a goalie under 6'2" and they were talking about how Binnington is 6'1" so the Leafs wouldn't even look at him.

I do wonder if Mads is so tall that he's too tall to be effective.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I’m fine with Boldy, but of the available options I’m least excited for him. He’s safe, he’s good. It takes balls to draft a Cole Caulfield 7th OA.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If it doesn't start with a C, and isnt 2 syllables botts isn't interested

One thing we haven't really talked about much is how much botts puts on his scouts and how much is his opinions

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
In the Spencer Knight episode of the InGoal Mag pod, they talked about something interesting.

6'4" is the tallest goalie to win the Cup.

Apparently the Leafs won't draft a goalie under 6'2" and they were talking about how Binnington is 6'1" so the Leafs wouldn't even look at him.

I do wonder if Mads is so tall that he's too tall to be effective.
I think you have to scout them and trust your senses. I'd sign a woman goalie if I saw one I thought could challenge Hutton or Ullmark. I don't like using analytics as an exclusion tool. There's always going to be exceptions and the posters at HFBoards get paid the big bucks to find them. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad