The 2019-20 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
Go find the interview I’m talking about, watch it, and then come back to me and tell me which player you think Shero wanted.

Do you have any idea how many interviews he gave? Post the interview, otherwise I’ll just go assume they wanted Hughes more, which isn’t a leap considering they drafted him,

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Gusev is playing on his teams 4th line, play him with Pettersson and Boeser and see what happens.

He was demoted to the 4th line because he's butter soft and absolutely sucks at defence.

This is another case that teams on paper don't translate on the ice. I saw a majority of posters saying NJ is having a masterful rebuild with J.Hughes, Subban, Gusev, and Hischier. However, it looks like they're trending towards the next Oilers. I would take Canucks line-up over theirs and they had TWO first overalls.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He was demoted to the 4th line because he's butter soft and absolutely sucks at defence.

This is another case that teams on paper don't translate on the ice. I saw a majority of posters saying NJ is having a masterful rebuild with J.Hughes, Subban, Gusev, and Hischier. However, it looks like they're trending towards the next Oilers. I would take Canucks line-up over theirs and they had TWO first overalls.
He was demoted to the 4th line because his coach is a f***ing idiot.

Jack Hughes has played 6 NHL games, jesus talk about overreacting to a small sample size.

The Canucks are .500 and people are in here acting like they’re cup contenders. They’re really fortunate to be .500 too...

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He was demoted to the 4th line because his coach is a ****ing idiot.

Jack Hughes has played 6 NHL games, jesus talk about overreacting to a small sample size.

The Canucks are .500 and people are in here acting like they’re cup contenders. They’re really fortunate to be .500 too...
Who here is acting like they're cup contenders?

Consistencee

Feb 23, 2017

Pettersson 2 points in 4 games. Gusev 2 points in 4 games. I guess they're both BUSTS. Knee jerk reaction my god.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Pettersson 2 points in 4 games. Gusev 2 points in 4 games. I guess they're both BUSTS. Knee jerk reaction my god.

Pettersson is already proven at the NHL level. Gusev was reigned as the next Panarin without even playing an NHL game. If you can't see the stark difference, then I'm wasting my time on you.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I also love judging players before they even played an NHL game (ie. Gusev is the next Panarin)

There’s nothing wrong with projecting a player who has yet to play in the NHL. It’s necessary through the draft and when pulling players from other pro leagues. Yes some people likely went overboard but it is far more ridiculous and indefensible to conclude anything about a player after only a few games.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
There’s nothing wrong with projecting a player who has yet to play in the NHL. It’s necessary through the draft and when pulling players from other pro leagues. Yes some people likely went overboard but it is far more ridiculous and indefensible to conclude anything about a player after only a few games.

did you just say it is way better to overestimate a player based on no nhl games than to underestimate one based on some games?

what?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

did you just say it is way better to overestimate a player based on no nhl games than to underestimate one based on some games?

what?

I think he is saying that people should just relax to coming to any conclusions after 6 NHL games, right Pip?

Although that is what we do here at HF Boards.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Wow Buffalo shuts out the Dallas stars 4-0 and Minny wins 2-0.

Looks like only the Devils and Black Hawks are winless but the Hawks have 3 games in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad