The 2019-20 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Holy cow, even in the most delusion fanboyish world, how is the laffs goaltending better than TB. I mean if you really tried hard you I suppose could justify the forward advantage(if you were selective about your argument) but Goaltending? That's ridiculous

Giving the edge to the Leafs bottom-6 over a group that has Yanni Gourde and Tyler Johnson on a 3rd line is almost as egregious.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Giving the edge to the Leafs bottom-6 over a group that has Yanni Gourde and Tyler Johnson on a 3rd line is almost as egregious.

The only way I could possibly fathom their rationale in any way was... they chose to completely ignore last yr, and they 100% based their logic off of TB's seemingly uneven start and Tor's first 2 games. Idk... did Vasilevsky have that bad of a start to the season that they deemed Andersen better?

Edit... no. Nutty.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The season seems to be off to such sputtering start....

Canucks schedule has been sparse, games on TV have been sparse, total games per night seem low as well... The excitement of the hockey season on Oct 2nd has slowly fizzled... and now a busy family the long weekend. Hopefully it ramps up after Tuesday again... Can only go up from here for me.. let's hope.

Reactions: I am toxic

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Nhl and teams also know this is mlb playoff time. Not sure if that’s contributing to the lack of games. Buffalo, non mlb market has a busy month. Rangers, with the NYY have like 3 games in the first 2 weeks of the month.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Re: 91-21-86 playing together

“I think it’ll be interesting to see how they are. They’re good players,” Leafs coach Mike Babcock said Thursday morning, handing out compliments before raising eyebrows.
“I’m not sure there’s enough puck to go around. We can find out.”

11pts. Yes, Babcock. Yes you did find out.

You mean the media that thought this:

duviracucaavcaq-jpg.263041
hahahahah. Thanks for that, I missed seeing it. What an absolute crock. I'd take Point over their best forward in Matthews and at nearly half price it's hilarious.

40 goal 90 point C's just don't usually happen.

Auston Matthews didn't even split the goal share 5 on 5 last year, 48.67 GF% in 57% zone starts....Point is 63%.

And while looking this info up, damn, Sidney Crosby is still unbelieveable. On for even more goals for than Point who was outstanding and less against in a 120 more minutes. What a player.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The season seems to be off to such sputtering start....

Canucks schedule has been sparse, games on TV have been sparse, total games per night seem low as well... The excitement of the hockey season on Oct 2nd has slowly fizzled... and now a busy family the long weekend. Hopefully it ramps up after Tuesday again... Can only go up from here for me.. let's hope.

It's the second week of October, and we are more engaged on Willie Mitchell's concussion almost decade ago than the current season. Please make it stop.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Nhl and teams also know this is mlb playoff time. Not sure if that’s contributing to the lack of games. Buffalo, non mlb market has a busy month. Rangers, with the NYY have like 3 games in the first 2 weeks of the month.

I don't think that's it. I think they are just genuinely inept at scheduling, amongst many other things.

The NBA is a bigger head to head competitor, and they're in preseason right now. That will pick up in November, after baseball peaks at the end of the month. Then the NFL takes over in January. No one outside of actual hockey fans, and especially those in warmer US regions, really cares about hockey starting in mid-May.

Late September and early October should be the best windows for the NHL to really enter the casual sports fan periphery. Instead, they're currently drawing out the schedule.

The fact that the Canucks have only played three games since the season started 9 days ago is ridiculous.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Re: 91-21-86 playing together

“I think it’ll be interesting to see how they are. They’re good players,” Leafs coach Mike Babcock said Thursday morning, handing out compliments before raising eyebrows.
“I’m not sure there’s enough puck to go around. We can find out.”

11pts. Yes, Babcock. Yes you did find out.

You mean the media that thought this:

duviracucaavcaq-jpg.263041

This is just Toronto homerism at its worst.

Top 6 is very very close. As is head coach, where Jon Cooper has a far better record as a coach, but I will give some extra credit points for longevity, context, cup and gold medals for Babcock.

Bottom 6 forwards is not close and goaltending is not in the same universe in favor of Tampa. I dont like rumors but I just heard today Toronto is looking to upgrade on goaltending?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I honestly don't remember the last time I actually watched the intermission stuff on any channel.
Yeah same, I dont find it interesting, and if there is something that i would have liked, probably its posted here. Honestly this place has better insite into the game (sometimes, sometimes is crap

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Eh, Kassian still looks like a mucker playing with one of the best players in history. Feels like McDavid could have a point every shift.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Neal has traditionally been prone to hot starts. We'll see if this is a blip or he's actually rebounded, he looked completely washed last season.

I think that barring injury the Oilers will be sending their 3rd round pick to the Flames.

BTW it looks like the Oilers are pretty legit this season and that adds another team the Canucks will be chasing for that playoff spot.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
oilers about to go 5-0 lol

McD and Drai just racking up the points
That is insane ..full marks for the Oilers in banking points early in the season..How sustainable it will be is another question..Definitely puts pressure on the Canucks.

That Neal trade is making Holland look like a genius.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
hahahahah. Thanks for that, I missed seeing it. What an absolute crock. I'd take Point over their best forward in Matthews and at nearly half price it's hilarious.

40 goal 90 point C's just don't usually happen.

Auston Matthews didn't even split the goal share 5 on 5 last year, 48.67 GF% in 57% zone starts....Point is 63%.

And while looking this info up, damn, Sidney Crosby is still unbelieveable. On for even more goals for than Point who was outstanding and less against in a 120 more minutes. What a player.

Crosby had an amazing season last year and is already adding to his legacy leading the Pens while Malkin is out with injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad