The 2019-20 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
To be honest Im probably more annoyed by being reminded that we could have drafted Tkachuk every time he scores than the fact that we didnt draft him at this point

Eh, we got Petterson and Boeser to make up for it.
If we were struggling right out the gate, the forum would be in rage.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
domi and tkachuk clutch tonight. along with horvat, marner, and tierney, the knights have one key forward on 5 of 7 canadian teams all drafted within three years of each other.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
i like that he explained it was only because he didn't have time on the clock to pull it to his forehand.
Being pressed for time/space is the only reason anyone makes the move. Often the goalie closes out the far side but there's no space to go backhand.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Being pressed for time/space is the only reason anyone makes the move. Often the goalie closes out the far side but there's no space to go backhand.

i think tkachuk made a point of explaining why he did it so people would know he was not hot dogging.

kind of a chicken and egg discussion, but it happens in shootouts so it's a move some people do on purpose to fool goalies. it is true the forward when he makes the shot typically does not have time/space to make a normal shot but that's the plan. he's gotten the goalie to cover the conventional shot. it's a cool move to watch but considered to be gimmicky by players, hence tkachuk's comment.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
i like that he explained it was only because he didn't have time on the clock to pull it to his forehand.
It was an incredibly quick decision/instinct to be able to do that, from that far out on a broken play. I couldn't tell what he did in real time.

That was a special goal. Definite goal of the year contender, along with Coleman's one hander from opening night.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
God damn was Dzingle one hell of a pickup for the Canes.

Was just going to say, what is going on with Jake Gardiner? Playing 17 minutes a night, with the worst +/- on the Canes.

Buyers remorse on Gardiner already?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Was just going to say, what is going on with Jake Gardiner? Playing 17 minutes a night, with the worst +/- on the Canes.

Buyers remorse on Gardiner already?

The Flames have 19 points in 13 games, winning solves everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille