The 2019-20 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think that barring injury the Oilers will be sending their 3rd round pick to the Flames.

BTW it looks like the Oilers are pretty legit this season and that adds another team the Canucks will be chasing for that playoff spot.
If Neal gets 35-40 goals..the Oilers will be sending that 3rd over with a bow on the top..Holland moved the immoveable boat anchor contract..with a player who I think is probably your 13th best forward.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
And in his 2nd game for the sens, former Bolt leads them to victory over the already (compared to expectations) Bolts with a strong 3 point night.

Elliot Friedman in his column also writes how his acquisition is going to allow young center Colin white to develop.

At least I think it was him, too lazy to look it up.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He doesn't really even look dangerous, but I imagine getting some weight on him and adjusting to the level of play will make a difference in time

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The notion that Hughes would seamlessly transition to the NHL quickly was always weird.

He didn't develop much in his draft year and going directly from the USHL to the NHL is nearly unprecedented.

The weirdest moment of the 2019 draft - that wasn’t really followed up on at all by the media - was Ray Shero basically saying NJ liked Kakko better but took Hughes as a business decision.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
The weirdest moment of the 2019 draft - that wasn’t really followed up on at all by the media - was Ray Shero basically saying NJ liked Kakko better but took Hughes as a business decision.

When did he say this?

I checked both the SN and NHL Network coverages of him getting picked and couldn't find a video of Shero saying/implying anything.

If that's true, that's really weird.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
When did he say this?

I checked both the SN and NHL Network coverages of him getting picked and couldn't find a video of Shero saying/implying anything.

If that's true, that's really weird.

Shero’s interview in the draft program.

The interviewer tried asking him twice what NJ liked so much about Hughes and both times he gave a non-answer, talked about Kakko, and referenced ‘things beyond on-ice stuff’ which went into the pick.

It was a really weird interview.

Reactions: timw33

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
whats with the dallas stars lately? i would have said they are the team to look out for in the west coming out of the gate. defense-check goaltending check offense-check. 1-4-1 i know its still early but? damn

Scumbag Frank

Hard Time in the Slammer
Apr 13, 2010
Vancouver
whats with the dallas stars lately? i would have said they are the team to look out for in the west coming out of the gate. defense-check goaltending check offense-check. 1-4-1 i know its still early but? damn

Don't see it.
The forwards are basically Seguin, Hintz, and an aging Benn and Radulov. The rest are washed up or plugs.
Their top 3 D are average or slightly-above-average relative to other teams' top 3. And then the rest are plugs.
Bishop was washed up and done before coming out of nowhere last year, and is getting up there in age. Could easily see him come crashing back down this year.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
Shero’s interview in the draft program.

The interviewer tried asking him twice what NJ liked so much about Hughes and both times he gave a non-answer, talked about Kakko, and referenced ‘things beyond on-ice stuff’ which went into the pick.

It was a really weird interview.

In other words, he didn’t say it.

Reactions: Nomobo

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

It's just an early funk they will be a playoff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->