Thank You Toby Enstrom!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Yes, I suppose people don't really enjoy having proof of their ignorance presented to them. If they were a bit smarter, they'd know better than to fling **** at Toby in the "Thank You Toby Enstrom" thread...but I guess if they were a bit smarter they wouldn't be on the wrong side of the argument in the first place... :laugh:

Perhaps we need both a "Thank you" thread and a "Good riddance" thread whenever a player departs. ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Isn’t it weird how the die-hard Toby fans know better than all NHL GMs combined... who haven’t signed him.

There isn't much regret at his leaving now - but he gave us 7 pretty good to very good seasons. His time is done now. Your joy at seeing him go is entirely inappropriate for this thread.

It is weird that you can't resist trashing him in a farewell, thank you thread.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
There isn't much regret at his leaving now - but he gave us 7 pretty good to very good seasons. His time is done now. Your joy at seeing him go is entirely inappropriate for this thread.

It is weird that you can't resist trashing him in a farewell, thank you thread.

With the vitriol some folks are willing to peddle in a "thank you" thread, I shudder to imagine the shit they'll say when they crash the eulogy at my funeral.

Last edited:

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I am guilty of commenting on Toby's declining play on this thread.
Yes, the thread title is clear and I apologize.
As mentioned, it would only be appropriate to say something nice or nothing at all.
I wish Toby Enstrom well and thank him for being a Winnipeg Jet!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We may not need him at this point in the team's development and at this point in his decline, but if you don't see that for the majority of his tenure here he was our most dependable D-man (or if you must, LD), then you're beyond help.

Until the arrival of Morrissey, there wasn't a D-man I'd rather see defending a 2-on-1 with the game on the line more than Enstrom.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
As I have mentioned before I will miss you Toby because you could always help me detect the stupid Jets fans faster.

LOL, I know exactly what you mean. Stu was a great idiot detector as well only opposite. As soon as I heard someone tell me what a great warrior Stu was and a great shot blocker and we needed more guys like him I would just know.

Reactions: ps241 and FonRiesen

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
I think a lot of the comments "like that" come from comments like "he's a bottom 5 D man in the league" from his detractors...
I can’t recall seeing a Enstrom hater call a Enstrom supporter dumb or something along those lines....

I just feel making personal comments about a person because they have a difference of opinion right or wrong just isn’t needed.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I was really hoping during the year that Toby would sign team friendly deal for a million to play bottom pair with Myers on a contender.
If they didn't have that falling out with the last playoff game, and if he still wasn't signed next month, I wonder if that could've happened? Oh well. Leafs will get him on the cheap.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Must be a bidding war going on. I mean surely there are some GMs out there as smart as Jets fans that would give him several million a year based on fancy stats! Right!?
Haven't you posted this like 3 times? Who is advocating giving Enstrom several million a year? This is an appreciation thread for a player who you obviously have no appreciation for, so take the trolling elsewhere.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I was really hoping during the year that Toby would sign team friendly deal for a million to play bottom pair with Myers on a contender.
If they didn't have that falling out with the last playoff game, and if he still wasn't signed next month, I wonder if that could've happened? Oh well. Leafs will get him on the cheap.

I have heard he is going back to Sweden to finish off his career.

Last edited:

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Always was an Enstrom fan, its a damn shame on how he left if reports are accurate.

He was here for years, for him to bail like he did is very sad. I think one day he may regret that...again if reports are true.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I'm late on the falling out during the playoffs. What happened?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm late on the falling out during the playoffs. What happened?
Just that he was healthy scratched the last game when they inserted Morrow. So because he missed his last Jets game and watched it instead, he ducked outve town early and skipped the media day and exit meetings which all others stayed for.
Naturally he's upset, but coach tried to ingest a change into lineup, too bad it ended for him on such a sour note.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I know we have too many LHD but Enstrom at 1.75 on the 3rd pairing would make m feel at ease more than Morrow or Chiarot ever could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad