Thank You Toby Enstrom!

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I think the Jets could still use a higher end left handed defensemen. I really wanted Niklas Hjalmarsson at the deadline.

I don't think the offensive contribution is all that important given the rest of the roster.

However, someone rock solid in his own zone would really help.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
I’m 5’8” and when I met the dude he was definitely 2-3 inches shorter then me.
He was at our work lots of times. He was a nice guy, i worked on his Escalade a few times but man, he was very small and pretty skinny. He looked like a 15 year old boy. Im 6'3 and i could have easily rested my chin on the top of his head, the first time I met him, I couldnt get over how small he was lol

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
His d metrics are so good he should receive multiple $6m+ per year offers .

The subtext of this post = you think the advanced stats here are lying? Or wrong? Or what. I know you're just trying to stir crap but I'm trying to understand your underlying point.

I don't think it's all that strange for a d-man with outstanding defensive numbers to NOT receive 6m, considering:
-his age and possible decline
-his injury history
-his lack of scoring
-GM's propensity to undervalue defensive contributions

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Chiarot is hard to play against? That's a good one.

I remember seeing him just demolish guys in these playoffs, wearing opponents down massively. Real good especially playoff guy to have on your side. I think we need more of this. He’s really affordable too.

On Enstrom, if he’s not with us next year, I wish him and his wife the best. Seems like a great guy. He’s been with us for this entire 2.0. I remember when he was absolutely dynamite the first few seasons next to Buff. If we are in need of a scout in the Sweden area (or any area), would like to see him given a job.

Edit: Thank you Toby Enstrom, keep your stick on the ice!

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
can't say I was his biggest fan at all but a dude his size playing a respectably long career in the NHL against deserves the all the respect. Big tip of the hat and best wishes to him, his wife and whatever he engages with in the future.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Maybe the Enström era ended with Buff throwing his jersey in the shower due to the stunts he was pulling off after being scratched for a game?

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Enstrom not being signed. Wow! I thought at least 5 mil!!

Heh yeah, but what can you expect from a bottom 5 defenseman in the entire NHL? And we paid so much for him.

Makes me chuckle that his agent said they were looking for a lucrative NHL contract in free agency.

If he was any good wouldn’t he be signed by now? Bottom 5 in the entire NHL.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Crazy to believe “the best shutdown defenseman in the NHL” hasn’t been scooped up yet.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
As I have mentioned before I will miss you Toby because you could always help me detect the stupid Jets fans faster.

Isn’t it weird how the die-hard Toby fans know better than all NHL GMs combined... who haven’t signed him.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
His agent said in a Swedish interview that they are looking for a lucrative NHL contract. This was around a month ago.

Toby might have better luck in a snipe hunt. ;)

But, you never know. Training camp underway, some team ends up a few D-man short due to injuries, wants some NHL skill to fit in... yeah I could see Toby getting an offer, but a "lucrative" offer?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
His agent said in a Swedish interview that they are looking for a lucrative NHL contract. This was around a month ago.

Wonder what they consider lucrative. Could see around $2.5 per in a best case scenario. He’s valuable but in today’s league teams typically pay for offense and his is zilch.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Most of us aren't "die-hard Toby fans." We just realize he's not anywhere close to one of the bottom 5 d men in the league.
Well, if you take 5v5 goals against per 60, Toby's is 12th lowest out of 212 defensemen with 500+ minutes - that's pretty close to the Bottom 5!

I assume I'll need to explain this to the Toby haters, since, well, you know... ;)

(Lower is better when you're talking about GA/60)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Well, if you take 5v5 goals against per 60, Toby's is 12th lowest out of 212 defensemen with 500+ minutes - that's pretty close to the Bottom 5!

I assume I'll need to explain this to the Toby haters, since, well, you know... ;)

pffft! Advanced Stats. :rolleyes: I saw Toby loose a board battle once!

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015

I think a lot of the Toby hate comes from comments like this from his supporters.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

Good. Now do some actual stats, like points per 60. Look at that, bottom 5 in NHL again.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I think a lot of the Toby hate comes from comments like this from his supporters.
Yes, I suppose people don't really enjoy having proof of their ignorance presented to them. If they were a bit smarter, they'd know better than to fling shit at Toby in the "Thank You Toby Enstrom" thread...but I guess if they were a bit smarter they wouldn't be on the wrong side of the argument in the first place... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad