Thank You Toby Enstrom!

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
With Enstrom about to become a UFA, and leaving for Sweden without attending the Jets final press conference, I think it is obvious the writing is on the wall. Toby will not be back for the 2018-19 season. Even though it was a disappointing end to his tenure in Winnipeg, he did play 7 long years for the Jets, and was named to the 2012 All-Star team.

Enstrom will now turn the page on his career, and play (most likely in Sweden). Thanks #39 for all you did with the Winnipeg Jets. You never got the credit you deserved.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am not so sure we can read into anything yet, but if this is the end he has my up most respect. I thank him representing the team and city well.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I agree with this sentiment but this thread is way premature. Toby I am sure will make a speech in the next month and that would be a better time for this thread.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I hope he comes back to the team (with a pay cut) - I'd easily take him over Chiarot
If this is it, he's been our only consistent LD since year 1 and we'll miss him

Reactions: Kgame and purdy44

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If he doesn't play in Sweden, I think an NHL team invites him to a try-out or he retires. I think he joins us as a scout in Sweden one day.

Thankful for him, he was one of our best D in our return.

But I don't think he was at the all-star game in 2012. It was Buff but he didn't go because he was injured.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Loved Toby. I'm still hopeful he can return on a cheaper contract but will be tough to do. I bet his $ is going to go towards retaining Trouba

Toby was an excellent Jet. I'll never forget him forgoing his national team to keep training and try to push the jets into the playoffs.

Wish we won a cup this year - for many reasons - but notably for him. Stayed with one franchise his entire career and was a highly skilled, highly intelligent defencemen

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Overpaid every second as a Jet. Peaked in Atlanta 2010. See you.

Wow, really? The guy always represented this team and the City well. Then he did us a huge favour in waving his NT clause to allow us to protect everyone we needed to in the ED. There was some risk there for him and he still did it and for that alone he deserves a lot of respect.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Thanks Toby, loved watching you play. Glad guys like Morrissey had the chance to play a couple of years with you and learned some finer points of playing D in the NHL. It's too bad you were small and that's all some people could notice.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Wow, really? The guy always represented this team and the City well. Then he did us a huge favour in waving his NT clause to allow us to protect everyone we needed to in the ED. There was some risk there for him and he still did it and for that alone he deserves a lot of respect.
Respect granted but he was making tons of cash. Don't feel sorry for him. Can't fall in love with the vets

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
He will get a job in the NHL

Toby's wife has basically said a goodbye to Winnipeg on Instagram. It's safe to say Toby's time is done here. He has been a great Jet through out his time here despite so many criticizers. Thank you Toby.

I think there are personal/family/health issues at play here. Didn't his father just pass away last year?
He has is detractors but his leaving quickly is NOT because he didn't feel respected or felt under appreciated. Don't let the negativity for Chevy & PoMo cloud judgement of the situation.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
He has is detractors but his leaving quickly is NOT because he didn't feel respected or felt under appreciated...

I don't think that was the point being made at all...

I doubt there's hard feelings. More likely it's just accepted as the way it is and part of the business. Toby was never a big media/publicity guy. He always did things quietly. Just his way...so finishing his time here and leaving without a big public show is right in line with his character. The way the organization treated him was beyond reproach afaic. He always got his ice time and if he was out due to injury, once healed he was right back in.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Toby liked being a Winnipeg Jet which made him okay in my books. I remember a goal he scored during his first season with the Jets when the team was on the road. After he scored he lifted the front of his jersey up and kissed the Jets logo and held it up so the fans could see. The game was in a southern market so it was either in Nashville or Carolina and I remember the fans booing him for his gesture. It was as though he was telling those fans that he enjoyed playing for a team in a city that loved it's hockey. :thumbu:

:jets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad