Thank You Toby Enstrom!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I know we have too many LHD but Enstrom at 1.75 on the 3rd pairing would make m feel at ease more than Morrow or Chiarot ever could.
Yes. Too bad ship has sailed. I think it just means they think Niku is ready. He starts with Moose and finishes year with Jets.

snopro31

Apr 21, 2007
MANITOBA
It was clear his time was coming to an end.
Unfortunately the jets gave him a chance again after his injury and he didnt perform in the playoffs.

Reactions: Tommigun

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It was clear his time was coming to an end.
Unfortunately the jets gave him a chance again after his injury and he didnt perform in the playoffs.

I agree his time was about up. I wouldn't put it that way in the end though. He played well enough in the playoffs. Quite well in fact, most of the way.

I believe he was scratched for the last game because Jets had not generated any successful offense against VGK. Maurice was trying whatever he could to get some scoring - and Toby's offense disappeared several years ago already. It was no slight on Toby and shouldn't be seen that way.

I've been predicting for months that he was going to Sweden next year. Looking more and more likely.

Reactions: tacogeoff
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

Translated link found within that tweet:

Tobias Enström, 33, continues to talk about a contract with Modo.

In the near future, sports director Michael Sundlöv expects to make an announcement.

"Clearly, there must be a decision in the near future, I think it may be a week, maybe even faster," says Sundlöv, in what would be the year's biggest acquisition.

It could lead to Modo winning the Swedish hockey championship by adding Tobias Enström, with over 700 NHL matches, signing.

Tobias had been a key piece in Winnipeg's (formerly Atlanta’s) organization during its eleven years in the NHL. But his contract has expired and Enström left the club this summer with some turbulence. He was a healthy scratch in the clubs’ final game against Las Vegas.

Interest from other NHL clubs still exists but Enström has still not made a definite decision about the future. The NHL veteran is currently practicing with Modo and this club is certainly in the picture:

"Until he said no, I hope and wish he plays with Modo," says Michael Sundlöv, who does not hesitate what adding Enström would mean.

This would be great, of course. For Övik as city, for Modo as association and team. He’s a guy that makes other players better just by being on the ice. He’s a very good player who can play in any situation. One of the absolute best defencemen in Sweden and any SHL team would gladly receive him.

Q: If he doesn’t not play in the NHL, what are your chances to sign him?
"We are likely his first choice. I do not know exactly how he thinks, but on the basis of the dialogue we have had, it feels like that.

Q: Have you set a date when to decide?
"No, we do not have that. But clear that there must be a decision in the near future, I think it may be a week, maybe faster anyway"

Enström played in the 2010 Olympics for Sweden, but since then has consistently turned down the opportunity to play for the Three Crowns. He last played in Modo in the 2006/07 gold season.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I think this is the right choice for the guy. Still gets to play hockey and earn a nice paycheck while being closer to his fiancé.

A NHLer without a doubt, but maybe there is more to life than playing with the best.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So he's going to play in Sweden's Tier 2 league? Kind of sad.

Sad? A successful and lucrative NHL career and a chance to enter his emeritus years in his early 30s with a relatively clean bill of health? Yeah, I think he'll get over it.

giphy.gif

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
1290FM were talking about Enstrom today. Apparently Rick Ralph had read earlier in the day that there was some "turbulence at the end of the season after he was a healthy scratch in the last game against Nashville"

Rick Ralph ...What's wrong with your comment? I'm not a sport writer for a living but when I used Google translate & read that, the first thing I thought was didn't Toby play all 7 games against Nashville. Wasn't his only healthy scratch in his history on the Jets/Thrashers in the last game against Vegas?

If a poll was taken I'm sure a very high percentage of Jets fans would know this fact.

As a result when I posted my translation, I edited it to read Vegas.

You'd think professional sports reporters would be a bit more on the ball.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
1290FM were talking about Enstrom today. Apparently Rick Ralph had read earlier in the day that there was some "turbulence at the end of the season after he was a healthy scratch in the last game against Nashville"

Rick Ralph ...What's wrong with your comment? I'm not a sport writer for a living but when I used Google translate & read that, the first thing I thought was didn't Toby play all 7 games against Nashville. Wasn't his only healthy scratch in his history on the Jets/Thrashers in the last game against Vegas?

If a poll was taken I'm sure a very high percentage of Jets fans would know this fact.

As a result when I posted my translation, I edited it to read Vegas.

You'd think professional sports reporters would be a bit more on the ball.

Not to defend Ralph but I think he just misspoke and meant to say Nashville. He's made the occasional brain fart here and there.

Reactions: Jet

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

Now only Buff, Little, and Wheeler remain.

Technically Chiarot and Stoykewych were Thrashers ;)

Too bad about Enstrom though, if this is indeed it
It would have been a bit sad to see him in another NHL jersey - hopefully he tears it up in Sweden (assuming he goes there)
He was our only consistently good LD over the years. I'm glad we have Morrissey now to receive the torch.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Not good enough for NHL (his agent said he was looking for a lucrative NHL contract, didn’t get one), and not good enough for Elitserien (tier 1 in Sweden). Been saying for months that he won’t play in the NHL ever again, and that’s not by his choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad