GDT: Temporary GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Same refs? That's not a good thing for the Canucks.

As for the team tonight, they need to really tighten up in their own end. There was way too much time and space for the Sharks in the Canucks zone. I know Torts wants them to collapse to the net but there is no way he wanted them to give the Sharks that much room.

Oilers are still without their top two centres but Dubnyk always plays uncharacteristically well against the Canucks.

Game is a toss-up and should be fun.

One thing I won't be doing is wishing injury to any Oilers or insulting their fan base over and over, because I respect and follow the rules on this site and know that the mods on the Canucks board feel the same way.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
And it gets better for us Canuck fans.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 4m
TOR: Hughson/Simpson/Healy/Amber. MON: Cole/Galley/Campbell-Pascall. VAN: Lee/Hrudey/Oake
Expand

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Lee hasn't seemed as bad without Weekes dragging him down. I don't share the same hate-on for Oak that other posters have.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Lee hasn't seemed as bad without Weekes dragging him down. I don't share the same hate-on for Oak that other posters have.

Lee is always horrible. He has horrible pace to his voice, just yells at random times, constantly mistakes players for other players or stammers trying to get the players name, is constantly behind the play, and makes the exact same references multiple times through the game.

I dread Canuck games when he is calling them.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Uggh god Lee on Saturday? When we are playing against another Canadian team? 5-0 Oilers.

Lundface*

And it gets better for us Canuck fans.

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif

I can't listen to Lee when the Oilers play, its embarrassingly bad. I tried watching the Jets/Oilers game and man was it tough to watch. Guess I'm going to have to watch this one on mute

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I've got nothing against Oak. He's a little bizarre, but he's alright with me.

Mark Lee has two things going against him.

1) He's particularly unbearable during Canucks/Oilers games. The bias is strong in this one.

and

2) The way he will RANDOMLY START SHOUTING when nothing of importance is happening. Example - in a pre-season game, I think Sam Gagner carried the puck behind the net, and the way Lee was shouting about it, you'd think he'd scored an overtime winner in the playoffs.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
"Here comes Ryan Kesler down the thing for Vancouver. You know Kelly, I had the chance to speak with Ryan before the game about the challenges of working with a new coach and learning all of his new plays because of the systematic differencesHERES A SHOT AND SCORE FOR EDMONTON JORDAN EBERLE ON THE REBOUND WHAT HANDS AND THE CROWD GOES WILD IN EDMONTON ALBERTA ON SATURDAY NIGHT FOR THE OILERS!!!!!!!!!1! 1!!! 1"

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I've got nothing against Oak. He's a little bizarre, but he's alright with me.

Mark Lee has two things going against him.

1) He's particularly unbearable during Canucks/Oilers games. The bias is strong in this one.

and

2) The way he will RANDOMLY START SHOUTING when nothing of importance is happening. Example - in a pre-season game, I think Sam Gagner carried the puck behind the net, and the way Lee was shouting about it, you'd think he'd scored an overtime winner in the playoffs.

I actually really enjoy that about Lee. I find it hilarious and often wonder what is going on in his brain that gets him so excited about such a simple play :laugh:

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
"Here comes Ryan Kesler down the thing for Vancouver. You know Kelly, I had the chance to speak with Ryan before the game about the challenges of working with a new coach and learning all of his new plays because of the systematic differencesHERES A SHOT AND SCORE FOR EDMONTON JORDAN EBERLE ON THE REBOUND WHAT HANDS AND THE CROWD GOES WILD IN EDMONTON ALBERTA ON SATURDAY NIGHT FOR THE OILERS!!!!!!!!!1! 1!!! 1"

I'll never forget the game he called where he called like 5 different players Hansen.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Rick Ball no longer employed by the CBC? Thought he was covering the western games?

Love the Baller, actually prefer him over Shorthouse. Anyone over Mark Lee. But as previously posted, nice to have Kelly doing color over Kevin Weekes.

Need more cow.....ball!!!! :nod:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Am I the only one who just doesn't let himself get bothered by Lee, or any commentator for that matter? Sure, he's noticeably worse than other commentators but I just watch the game.

Hate to say it but I'm not too confident about this game. I don't expect to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least. The Canucks are still getting acclimated to the new system and now they have to face a super fast, super skilled team that lately has been leaving them with their heads spinning after blowout defeats.

That being said, it's the home opener and the team won't be nearly as passive as they were under AV. Hopefully they come out and make a statement to the Oilers that says "Nyet".

Wetcoaster

So does Be Eager go after the Canucks top players tonight as he threatened??

Oh wait... you have to actually be in the NHL to play in this game, right. :laugh:

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
I don't mind having Mark Lee doing the PBP (don't get me wrong, he still sucks) as long as Craig Simpson is off the telecast, particularly in an Oilers game. Oake is a guy I don't have a problem with. He's a veteran and occasionally asks interesting questions.

Kelly Hrudey is a guy I'm not really sure of, he hasn't been doing colour that long but he breaks down goalie play pretty well, which was a nice change from Weekes, who didn't seem to understand the position he played for 15 years as a professional.

Wetcoaster

I don't mind having Mark Lee doing the PBP (don't get me wrong, he still sucks) as long as Craig Simpson is off the telecast, particularly in an Oilers game. Oake is a guy I don't have a problem with. He's a veteran and occasionally asks interesting questions.

Kelly Hrudey is a guy I'm not really sure of, he hasn't been doing colour that long but he breaks down goalie play pretty well, which was a nice change from Weekes, who didn't seem to understand the position he played for 15 years as a professional.
Hrudey was also one of the first analysts that credited Burrows as being an integral part of the success of the Sedins and not just an add-on along for the ride.

Tanevian*

Lee is always horrible. He has horrible pace to his voice, just yells at random times, constantly mistakes players for other players or stammers trying to get the players name, is constantly behind the play, and makes the exact same references multiple times through the game.

I dread Canuck games when he is calling them.

The secret is to create a drinking game. Then you'll grow to enjoy these nights.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
So does Be Eager go after the Canucks top players tonight as he threatened??

Oh wait... you have to actually be in the NHL to play in this game, right. :laugh:

The Canuck should have claimed Eager, had him run Oilers all night and put him back on waivers by midnight.

It's really too bad what Kassian did to Eager. Pretty much ended his career with 1 punch. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

ehhteen

5-14-6-1
Jan 15, 2010
Connor's Place
Good luck tonight guys. Should be a good one. It's too bad we won't have RNH today, but I still think the Oil will work really hard to grind out a win here. And by the way, how is Jordan Shroeder doing now after blocking Yakupov's clapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad