GDT: Temporary GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

King of Anarchy

Sep 30, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Richardson won 7 of 10 face-offs (70%) and led the Canucks and was 75% (3 of 4) head to head against Pavelski who owned other Canucks centres (70% against Kesler and 63% against Henrik.

He was 2 of 3 (67%) in the defensive zone and 4 of 5 (80%) in the neutral zone. A massive improvement over last year's third and fourth line centres.

Hey, who needs goals when you can just win faceoffs and kill penalties instead?!

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
The problem is when you come in as a winger when the centre is tossed you have to make sure that you do not jump the gun and draw a penalty. So usually your numbers will not be that good.

Over his career he looks to be a bit over 50%.

I'm pretty sure that's one of those penalties the league just randomly decided they don't call any more, and they didn't tell anyone.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
The problem is when you come in as a winger when the centre is tossed you have to make sure that you do not jump the gun and draw a penalty. So usually your numbers will not be that good.

Over his career he looks to be a bit over 50%.

Good point. I guess my point is he seems like a fringe 3rd liner at best with little offensive upside. Although this might be an unfair judgment for what little I've seen from him, I'll try to be optimistic.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Good point. I guess my point is he seems like a fringe 3rd liner at best with little offensive upside. Although this might be an unfair judgment for what little I've seen from him, I'll try to be optimistic.

LA viewed him as a fringe 4th liner.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
If we can score more goals than the other team, I will be satisfied with the night's effort. I hope they come out angry and motivated. Crush the Oiler's younglings.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'd like them to try Dalpe in Richardson's spot to see what exactly we have in this kid. Granted, Torts is likely to roll two lines until Kassian is back.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Kesler - Burrows
Booth - Santorelli - Hansen
Richardson - Dalpe - Weise

That's not bad when we finally get to use it.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I'd like them to try Dalpe in Richardson's spot to see what exactly we have in this kid. Granted, Torts is likely to roll two lines until Kassian is back.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

It aint good either. :help:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Still a gaping hole in that 3C.

I really hope we manage to stay in the bubble and the Panthers fall out so we can acquire Goc.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

I really hope we manage to stay in the bubble and the Panthers fall out so we can acquire Goc.

Schroeder may fill that spot. This is where Cammalleri is potentially interesting. He took almost as many faceoffs as Lapierre last season and had a better average. Bear in mind, this was the first time he'd done so in years. Certainly would be interesting, even if we did acquire him. I would prefer he play on Kes' wing. But Cammy would be our Pavelski in that sense.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
He was primarily playing the wing given the Kings depth at centre.

he was primarily playing the bench actually. :laugh:

he does look good on the face off circle though.

I think he will be a solid 4th liner for us when/if everyone's healthy.

Santorelli-Richardson-Dalpe is probably the best 4th line we've had in a long time.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

Schroeder can fill that hole.....Goc won't fix secondary scoring but just make center depth better

three Offensive line one grind/checking line

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Schroeder may fill that spot. This is where Cammalleri is potentially interesting. He took almost as many faceoffs as Lapierre last season and had a better average. Bear in mind, this was the first time he'd done so in years. Certainly would be interesting, even if we did acquire him. I would prefer he play on Kes' wing. But Cammy would be our Pavelski in that sense.

Interesting enough, if the Canucks roster stays as is, they will have room for a 6 million dollar player at the deadline.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

no chance we get cammalleri since Flames are a rival and they ask too much.....

Do Tortorella want a checking third line or offensive third line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad