Vancouver, BC
Would like to see this type of lineup instead

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Kesler - Burrows
Booth - Schroeder - Kassian
Santorelli - Richardson - Weise

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
So basically the same as now except Schroeder instead of Sestito.

Now there's really going out on a limb right there.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

I would replace Weise with Dalpe think if you want a bit of skill and another center won't hurt. And Richardson and Santorelli should switch

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
no chance we get cammalleri since Flames are a rival and they ask too much.....

Do Tortorella want a checking third line or offensive third line?

Flame fans were on board with a first, even if it meant holding back salary. Sure, it's a risk on our part but a first round pick for a proven playoff performer with a deadly wrist shot is worth it, provided we believe we're in a position to go deep. And if the cap rises to the rumored 70M. We could afford to retain Cammalleri depending what he and/or the Sedins want. If it does not, dump Booth and there you go.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So basically the same as now except Schroeder instead of Sestito.

Now there's really going out on a limb right there.
What are you talking about, the line combos look nothing like that right now.

I think Hansen with the Sedins, Burrows with Kesler, and Booth with Kassian, and Santorelli/Richardson on the 4th line where they belong would make a decent difference, personally.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Damn we need Schroeder back in the line-up. i think he really rounds out our 3rd line. i'm excited to see how he plays this year...really excited!...

and also..yay...Oilers. i think we win this one in regulation 3-1.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Since everyone is posting healthy lineups that don't really have anything to do with this game and I'm sick and bed ridden I think I will do the same.

Sedin Sedin Burrows - Tried tested and true. Looked great last night.

Booth Kesler Kassian - This has to happen. Booth and Kassian have to be put in a position to succeed and I think this does it. Could be one hell of a tough line to handle.

Higgins Schroeder Hansen - Really depends on Schroeder who I have confidence in. He has only played limited time in the NHL and I want to see what he's got. The other two we know what they'll bring hard work tenacity and garbage goals. Should insulate Jordan quite nicely.

Richardson Santorelli Dalpe - I have no idea how this line will work as I haven't seen too much out of any of these guys. Three centres gives them the ability to really go for it off the face off and they should at least start with the puck most of the time.

Weise, Sestito - Spares. Throw them in if we want to get into a good ole fashion brewhaha.

The lineup hinges on three players-Booth,Kassian and Schroeder. Those three guys get going we might just have a fighting chance this year. Well that and health because we just do not have the depth to lose really any of our top 9.

Our defense and goaltending our the teams strengths. Defense just had an off night last night. Like fell off the side of the earth kind of off.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
What are you talking about, the line combos look nothing like that right now.

I think Hansen with the Sedins, Burrows with Kesler, and Booth with Kassian, and Santorelli/Richardson on the 4th line where they belong would make a decent difference, personally.

Cool, I'm sure that'll work.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

I really like this look. Hansen deserves a shot. And honestly, the Sedins can play with anyone.
2nd line just plain WORKS.
3rd is good as well, since Schroeder seems decent defensively, and can help make up for the other 2. Schroeder and Kassian are both good passers, while Booth is a shooter. And Kassian and Booth are pretty big guys who make room for Schroeder and handle some of the guys that are too big for him.
4th line is gritty and fast, with a little skill on it as well.

Dalpe in place of Schroeder, until he returns? Good audition for him

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Does anyone think this game is going to get ugly? Please don't hurt the Sedins.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
outside of a couple of goons the oilers are one of the softest teams in the league

Our top 9 is butter with the exception of Joensuu, but our 4th line is a complete goon squad.

Gazdic-Acton-Brown/Smac

Apparently Brown used to play centre so us Oilers fan would like to see

Gazdic-Brown-Smac just against you guys. :laugh:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Our top 9 is butter with the exception of Joensuu, but our 4th line is a complete goon squad.

Gazdic-Acton-Brown/Smac

Apparently Brown used to play centre so us Oilers fan would like to see

Gazdic-Brown-Smac just against you guys. :laugh:

That fourth line is plugtastic.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Quick notice, everyone - posts made on another board can stay there. Enough with the running back here to report on how unpleasant you find other teams' GDTs to be.

Outside99*

I really like this look. Hansen deserves a shot. And honestly, the Sedins can play with anyone.
2nd line just plain WORKS.
3rd is good as well, since Schroeder seems decent defensively, and can help make up for the other 2. Schroeder and Kassian are both good passers, while Booth is a shooter. And Kassian and Booth are pretty big guys who make room for Schroeder and handle some of the guys that are too big for him.
4th line is gritty and fast, with a little skill on it as well.

Dalpe in place of Schroeder, until he returns? Good audition for him

You make some really good points:

- while Burr with the Sedins is gold, he's also the one forward who meshes very well with Kesler. So swapping Hansen and Burr makes complete sense if the 2nd line is to get going.

- At the same time, the 3rd line without Hansen is scary. So find someone else to play with the Sedins - as you say they can play with anyone - and move Hansen to the 3rd line.

And as you say, audition for 3rd line members.

And hope no injuries beset our top 5 or 6 forwards.

Nov 1, 2011
arsmaster said:
I've only heard this perception from our fanbase.

I think the officials know who does/doesn't get playoff games.

Auger didn't before this incident and didn't after.

Either way, you'd think the other officials getting more opportunity because one resigned due to be dog **** would make them happy. Who am I kidding. They're a union.

It's not perception I'm worried about. Some of the most senior officials in the league, like Kelly Sutherland, has not given us more powerplays since the incident and he is one of the senior refs that's on the pulse of what happened. He knows exactly what's up and we are bearing the brunt of it. It wouldn't be so bad but I'm betting all the senior refs have the same opinion and they are getting the playoff games.

We won the battle by getting Auger fired but at the end of the day, we're losing the war...in our last two years of playoffs, we've had more powerplays in a game once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->