GDT: Temporary GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Oilers fan coming in peace. Your bottom 6 is brutal, I feel for you guys. But somehow I still think we have the worse 4th line.

Should be a good game. If the Oilers play how they did in their first game and Dubnyk doesn't give up three absolutely brutal goals, I think we take this one. For Vancouver to win this game Luongo is going to have to stand on his head, because our new system allows for our skilled players to SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT. We'll be one of the highest shooting teams in the league for sure.

Good luck tonight guys, and I think I might have to watch this one muted. Hrudey is the worst commentator I've ever heard, followed by Lee.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
A meh first line now that we don't really have a proven RWer, a very good third line, and two fourth lines. Injury should be no excuse today though considering Edmonton is without both their top two centers.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
A meh first line now that we don't really have a proven RWer, a very good third line, and two fourth lines. Injury should be no excuse today though considering Edmonton is without both their top two centers.

We're missing our top two centres but our lineup is still surprisingly talented.

Smyth-Hall-Hemsky (played decent last game)
Perron-Arcobello-Eberle (constantly created chances last game)
Joensuu-Gordon-Yakupov (amazing, our best line last game by far)
Gazdic-Acton-Brown (played their role perfectly)

That Joensuu guy has been an absolute steal for us. He dominated in the preseason and was our best forward bar-none in the first game of the season. I think you guys will be very surprised by that line tonight.

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
Oh **** guys, it's Mark Lee on the TV tonight, either mute it or have 911 on speed dial.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Oilers fan coming in peace. Your bottom 6 is brutal, I feel for you guys. But somehow I still think we have the worse 4th line.

Should be a good game. If the Oilers play how they did in their first game and Dubnyk doesn't give up three absolutely brutal goals, I think we take this one. For Vancouver to win this game Luongo is going to have to stand on his head, because our new system allows for our skilled players to SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT. We'll be one of the highest shooting teams in the league for sure.

Good luck tonight guys, and I think I might have to watch this one muted. Hrudey is the worst commentator I've ever heard, followed by Lee.
What new system? It looks like the same old Oilers even with Munster behind the helm.

Trade chances and run & gun.

You guys lost to Pavelec while having a 2 goal lead and he didnt have to stand on his head. :laugh:

I love all this Oiler talk always.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Elliott Pap‏@ElliottPap1m
Educated guess that YannickWeber will dress as 7th dman vs Oilers. Said Weber: "I have played a little forward before in Montreal."

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Booth had a couple of shifts with the Twins against SJ. IMO, he'll get that assignment tonight.

If I had to guess at lines...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Booth
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Weise - Santorelli - Richardson
Sestito - Dalpe - Weber

Yurgh.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
What new system? It looks like the same old Oilers even with Munster behind the helm.

Trade chances and run & gun.

You guys lost to Pavelec while having a 2 goal lead and he didnt have to stand on his head. :laugh:

I love all this Oiler talk always.

Did you happen to watch the game? Our entire defensive scheme is different which allowed for a quick transition up the ice and we play EXTREMELY aggressive now, where as before Krueger had a very passive system.

You're right, we lost. We also outshot them terribly and Dubnyk let in 3 awful goals. Our team game is significantly improved, there's nothing you can do about a goalie playing poorly. And I doubt he's going to let in 3 terrible goals a night.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Santorelli can score. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot with the Twins if injuries continue. I'd rather see him there than Booth, that's for damn sure.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
If Weber could be converted to a forward, it would help the Canucks depth quite a bit. He's a natural puck rusher.

At least no Alberts tonight.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Three top 9 forwards on the shelf.

I know that. Notice how I said with Burrows out it looks ugly. Plus, I don't consider Schroeder and Kassian difference makers anyway. Even with them in the lineup, unless they take that next step, I still feel the forward group is sub-par.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
I would rather see this...

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Richardson - Santorelli - Weise
Sestito - Dalpe - Weber

Atleast we know the top two lines have had some kind of success in the past. That bottom 6 is horrible though.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I would rather see this...

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Kesler - Booth
Richardson - Santorelli - Weise
Sestito - Dalpe - Weber

Atleast we know the top two lines have had some kind of success in the past. That bottom 6 is horrible though.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that. The AMEX line was great when they were together and all healthy and Hansen is the best bet on the Sedin line out of everyone that's left.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Yeah, I wouldn't mind that. The AMEX line was great when they were together and all healthy and Hansen is the best bet on the Sedin line out of everyone that's left.

Exactly my thinking. Richardson, Santorelli, Weise, Sestito, Dalpe, and Weber. All six are waiver wire/healthy scratch material. That's quite embarrassing if you think about it. Oh well, if the top two lines can get a goal each and Luongo plays like he did in San Jose we could squeak out a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad