GDT: Temporary GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Our top 9 is butter with the exception of Joensuu, but our 4th line is a complete goon squad.

Gazdic-Acton-Brown/Smac

Apparently Brown used to play centre so us Oilers fan would like to see

Gazdic-Brown-Smac just against you guys. :laugh:

Putting that kind up against the Sedins or Kesler will make this a very easy game for us to win. There's one NHL play in Brown and if you push his mins past 5mins he really sucks, Smac can't even play full time in the AHL, he's pretty much a 4th line ECHLer, having a team full of those plugs with a mix of Eager and Smyth is why the Oilers are such a bad team, sadly they don't have better options.

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
How exactly do you get that from a coach who we don't really know what he likes to do yet.

Because Kassian is a spare with his suspension, so if Burrows couldn't play it would make sense for the Twins to actually practice with there linemate.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Because Kassian is a spare with his suspension, so if Burrows couldn't play it would make sense for the Twins to actually practice with there linemate.

He got suspended in game 1, whoops, my mistake, I'm really only getting up to speed now.

BeardedCanuck

Oct 13, 2012
He got suspended in game 1, whoops, my mistake, I'm really only getting up to speed now.

Actually Kassian got suspended in the preseason for the remainder of the preseason and 5 regular season games for accidentally slashing Ganger in the face and breaking his jaw.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Actually Kassian got suspended in the preseason for the remainder of the preseason and 5 regular season games for accidentally slashing Ganger in the face and breaking his jaw.

Yeah, just saw that, thanks anyway.

Not too sure why the coach didn't see Alex today or talk to the medics, seems a bit strange to me not knowing his status.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
Flame fans were on board with a first, even if it meant holding back salary.

Why do people always say stuff like this, like the fans of the team are the GM or something? Most fans are completely clueless as to what a player on their team is worth in a trade.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I think we lose 5-2. We used to own them but the Oilers seem to be beating us quite a bit of the late.

The preseason was a bit of a wash, as we didn't ice strong lineups against them. They have lots of firepower, but the back end is still sketchy. Not to mention their fourth line is filled with pugilists, as opposed to hockey players. We should be able to take advantage of that with the last change, just like SJ did to us last game.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
5-3 Oilers. I'll be there to witness it, drunk but taking a break from hitting on single moms on POF, and I think it will be an entertaining game regardless of the end result.

Weise will fight twice and get beaten to a pulp in one of them.

My pick for this game's "injury of the night while blocking shots" is...drum roll...Chris Tanev. He'll miss two games.

Ryan Kesler plays 35 of the first 40 minutes, not passing the puck once in the entire 35 minutes while being credited with 70 shots toward goal with 1 actually hitting the net after the other 69 were blocked with the Oiler D covering off his signature move of crossing over the blueline and lining up for his wrist shot, before leaving the game with an injury.

David Booth will get his first goal of the season and second in two years into an empty net...the Canucks empty net.

Someone will post that the score is misleading, the Canucks should be awarded a loser point based on their combined Corsi ratings and the fact they remain an elite team, and will introduce a new set of obscure ratings, hereby called "Fustin".

Mike Gillis will again be hailed a genius as he boldly states the reset starts Sunday.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Nope.

I think I heard that they wanted to give Lou the first 10-14 games.

Which in my mind makes it even stupider not to have one of the Utica goalies up here warming the bench while Lack gets a string of games under his belt down there.

You would think they'd do this at least at some point in the season.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Oiler Killers:
Henrik Sedin - 74GP, 16G, 53A, 69Pts
Daniel Sedin - 69GP, 32G, 33A, 65Pts
Ryan Kesler - 46GP, 8G, 23A, 31Pts

Canuck Killers:
Jordan Eberle - 16GP, 7G, 7A, 14Pts
Taylor Hall - 14GP, 5G, 8A, 13Pts
Justin Schultz - 5GP, 1G, 4A, 5Pts