Teams with the best prospect pools

hskates21*

Edmonton is nuber 1 if you count players under the age of 21. They would be prospects on most teams but because they have very little older talent they have "prospect" type players in the big leagues.

Yes because only the oilers are using young players especially when were talking about Florida Ottawa and the isles

The Dayvan Cowboy

Registered Genius
Feb 22, 2009
1. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (C)
2. Jeff Petry (D)
3. Anton Lander (C)
4. Oscar Klefbom (D)
5. Martin Marincin (D)
6. Teemu Hartikainen (LW)
7. Curtis Hamilton (LW)
8. Tyler Pitlick (C/RW)
9. Colten Teubert (D)
10. David Musil (D)
11. Tyler Bunz (G)
12. Taylor Chorney (D)
13. Ryan Martindale (C)
14. Brandon Davidson (D)
15. Jeremie Blain (D)
16. Olivier Roy (G)
17. Samu Perhonen (G)

*from the Oilers board.

I don't know. To me that doesn't seem like a team that is outside of the top five.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sens
Panthers
Islanders

1)Islanders
2)Edm
3)Florida
Tossup between pretty much everyone in the central, Rangers, Leafs and a few others.

Islanders, Edmonton, everyone else in various order depending on personal bias.

Edmonton and the Islanders are definately the top 2. There are probably 5-8 teams who could make a case for rounding out the top-5.

You guys need to go check out the Sens prospects. Lol Edmonton is so overrated. Top 2? Hell no. Top 10? Yes.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Dallas prospect poll is pretty solid, not top 5 quality but it could be in the top 10. Although IMO without a doubt the Stars have the best goalie prospects right now.

Bachman
Beskorowany
Campbell

All three have good chance to be our number goalie in the future and all three are in our top 11 prospect from out boards out of 20 prospects.

If Dallas offered their goalie prospects for ours - i'd LOL (Markstrom, Brittain, Cheverie, Plante and Foster)

We have so many Tallon basically gave away Salak for nothing. Not trying to slight the Stars young goalies - but I'd take ours over those 3.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Well, as an Oiler fan, it's tough on a prospect pool when Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, and Omark all graduate from prospect status, but I think we have a very good top 10 going forward with a combo of RNH, Pitlick, Klefbom, Lander, Petry, Hamilton, Hartikainen, Marincin, Musil, etc....I'm thinking we are probably not in the top 3 anymore with all the graduates, so I'll guess we are somewhere in the 4-7 range right now.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
2. Jeff Petry (D)
3. Anton Lander (C)
4. Oscar Klefbom (D)
5. Martin Marincin (D)
7. Curtis Hamilton (LW)
8. Tyler Pitlick (C/RW)
9. Colten Teubert (D)
10. David Musil (D)
11. Tyler Bunz (G)
12. Taylor Chorney (D)
13. Ryan Martindale (C)
14. Brandon Davidson (D)
15. Jeremie Blain (D)
16. Olivier Roy (G)
17. Samu Perhonen (G)

*from the Oilers board.

I don't know. To me that doesn't seem like a team that is outside of the top five.

I don't know... 3 dmen with top pairing upside and 2 forwards with top 6 talent and 3 or 4 more with top 6 upside... That's definitely a horrible prospect pool

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If Dallas offered their goalie prospects for ours - i'd LOL (Markstrom, Brittain, Cheverie, Plante and Foster)

We have so many Tallon basically gave away Salak for nothing. Not trying to slight the Stars young goalies - but I'd take ours over those 3.

I don't think it's that laughable.

Markstrom and Campbell are fairly comparable in upside.

Bachman and Besko have proved to be very good AHL goaltenders, while Brittain and Cheverie have only really proved to be solid NCAA goalies.

Deus

Jul 28, 2011
Panthers
Islanders
Oilers
Senators
Avalanche
Blues
Wild
Blue Jackets

My guess for top 8. After that I have no idea lol.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
2. Jeff Petry (D)
3. Anton Lander (C)
4. Oscar Klefbom (D)
5. Martin Marincin (D)
7. Curtis Hamilton (LW)
8. Tyler Pitlick (C/RW)
9. Colten Teubert (D)
10. David Musil (D)
11. Tyler Bunz (G)
12. Taylor Chorney (D)
13. Ryan Martindale (C)
14. Brandon Davidson (D)
15. Jeremie Blain (D)
16. Olivier Roy (G)
17. Samu Perhonen (G)

*from the Oilers board.

Nor a team void of depth.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
943227833d1305709183-english-spam-thread-not-sure-if-troll-just-very-stupid-28n1299498207760-29.jpg

Just cause we may be irrelevant to most of NHL doesn't mean you have to be ignorant about our prospects, there are some impressive names there. MG, East- and West prospects of the year, Brodin is a question mark in terms of where his ceiling is, but should be pretty sure fire NHL dman some day, Phillips and Lucia could hit their floor next year or reach their potential in 4-5 years or so. Its a top 10-15 pool I'd say even higher without the fear of getting homer tagged.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
:panthers
:isles
:sens

for sure

and from now on it comes down to what you prefer and prospects you like.

and nobody mentioned Philly? Couturier and Schenn as C Prospects isn't that bad ;)

#4 and #5 for me would be
:edmonton
:hawks

but you can also chose STL, COL or NSH

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Compared to the Islanders prospect pool and depth, Edmontons is ****. Poulin and Nilsson are far superior than Bunz or Roy. Heck, Koskinen is better than them. All off Edmontons "stars" are beginning there NHL careers, excluding RNH for now.

Ok there PaStromey. I think your getting a bit too far ahead of yourself here. First off, how does comparing goalies prove anything about depth? Second, how does your bias opinion that the Islanders depth is better than the Oilers depth prove the Oilers have bad depth?

I'd also like to know how you feel Poulin and Nilsson are far superior to Bunz/Roy/Perhonen?

bobbyt911

Brian Hudle and Adam French are doing a ranking of NHL teams based on their top 10 prospects and this is the order they have them in, only done up to 17 so far. For the most part I agree with their assessment. 1-NYI 2-Ott 3-Chi 4-Car 5-Nsh 6-Bos 7-Fla 8-Ana 9-L.A 10-Leafs 11-Col 12-Det 13-Edm 14-Clb 15-Wsh 16-Min 17-Buf There is an article for each team done so far, ranks each teams top 10 and gives a scouting report on each player and who their projected to turn out like. go to www.hockeybuzz.com and hit the bloggers tab and look for Brian Huddle and Adam French, once you have clicked on the name click on archive and the articles will be listed under August and mostly under July. They alternated teams. I think its a good read and a way to get familiar with other teams prospects, for instance I never heard of Adam for the Sabres now I'm curious to see how this kid develops plus tons more.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Since this is basically a name your prospects thread:
Dalpe
Faulk
Murphy
Dumoulin
Boychuk
Bowman
Rask
Levi
Alt
Biega
Lowe
Sanguinetti
Terry
Osala
Shugg
Hofmann
Lindstrom

Probably not top 5 since Skinner and McBain graduated last year, but you could make an argument for top 10, IMO.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Brian Hudle and Adam French are doing a ranking of NHL teams based on their top 10 prospects and this is the order they have them in, only done up to 17 so far. For the most part I agree with their assessment. 1-NYI 2-Ott 3-Chi 4-Car 5-Nsh 6-Bos 7-Fla 8-Ana 9-L.A 10-Leafs 11-Col 12-Det 13-Edm 14-Clb 15-Wsh 16-Min 17-Buf There is an article for each team done so far, ranks each teams top 10 and gives a scouting report on each player and who their projected to turn out like. go to www.hockeybuzz.com and hit the bloggers tab and look for Brian Huddle and Adam French, once you have clicked on the name click on archive and the articles will be listed under August and mostly under July. They alternated teams. I think its a good read and a way to get familiar with other teams prospects, for instance I never heard of Adam for the Sabres now I'm curious to see how this kid develops plus tons more.
Wow, I like the Canes respect from them, but his analysis and player comparisons are way off on a lot of guys. It's like he drew random names in a hat to come up with the player comparisons.

Bob Sacamanu

Nov 11, 2008

I may sound like a homer, but St. Louis is not in the #18-30 range of prospect pools. And Chicago #3?

bobbyt911

Wow, I like the Canes respect from them, but his analysis and player comparisons are way off on a lot of guys. It's like he drew random names in a hat to come up with the player comparisons.

Haha I agree because if they all turn out to be like who he suspects there are going to be a lot of J BO's lol

IslesBeBack*

Islanders:

Strome
Neidereitter
DeeHan
Poulin
Anders Lee

Is just filthy for top 5. You also have Koskinen who really was supposed to be the goalie of the future until the freak of nature Poulin came into the story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad