16. Stefan Della Rovere
17. Jonas Junland
18. Ryan Reaves
19. Brock Beukeboom
20. Jani Hakanpää

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Edmonton has good prospects but losing Hall, Eberle, Pajaarvi and Dubnyk is enough to drop them from the top 5.

Colorado should be in the discussion: Landeskog, Hishon, Pickard, Elliott, Siemens...
Chicago has good depth, but they're lacking that gamebreaker.

Florida, Islanders, Colorado, Ottawa are definites for me. After that, there are a lot of possibilities.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I guess I don't really see the fascination with the Chicago prospect pool. They've got some intriguing guys and definitely strong depth, but I don't think that makes that strong of a pool (at least not top 5-8, anyway). The nice thing about having strong depth is that there's probably a higher chance of one or two of those players hitting their stride and becoming an impact guy. But looking at their pool as is, anyone there who someone would be willing to peg right now as that guy? I don't see it. I'd probably have them around #10, don't see an argument to place them much higher.

As for the Wild, I'm a homer. I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 2-3 players who are markedly better prospects than Granlund right now. On top of that, I'd put their top five of Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, Scandella, and Brodin with Hackett in net against any prospect pool in the league and feel pretty confident. After about #12, their depth gets a bit shaky, but I'll take the higher end guys over depth any day. Even if it's a virtual certainty that something will likely go amiss somewhere within any team's top tier of their prospect pool.

I believe after the WJCs, the Wild's pool is really going to get noticed if it hasn't already. Granlund, Zucker, Coyle, and Larsson will all be wearing letters for their respective squads. They'll all make big impacts along with Brodin and Gustafsson for Sweden.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
More at the pro level.

Ah so playing in the AHL longer = more accomplished?

Makes sense.

Your logic is sound and it would only be futile to continue this debate as with all logical scenerios Chicago's unaccomplished prospects can't compare to LA's very accomplished prosepcts.

Pitty.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Ah so playing in the AHL longer = more accomplished?

Makes sense.

No, but playing better at a higher level counts for something.

Your logic is sound and it would only be futile to continue this debate as with all logical scenerios Chicago's unaccomplished prospects can't compare to LA's very accomplished prosepcts.

Pitty.

I appreciate the comparison, but I'm not even close to the 35th sexiest rock singer in the world. Maybe 37th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad