11. Mike Hoeffel, LW
12. David Wohlberg, C

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Minnesota

I'm not saying that they are #1 (I think Florida is), but I'm shocked that no one has mentioned them yet.

Granlund, Zucker, Larsson, Coyle & Brodin are all great prospects and have been impressive in the WJC camp

Lucia & Phillips are high-upside guys if they make it to the NHL.

Scandella (if still considered a prospect) is an elite one, and if Cuma ever regains his health, he's a stud. Hacket & Kuemper give them very good goaltending depth at different stages in their development, and the've got some other guys who could be very nice role players for them (i.e. Falk & Gillies).

They've turned things around pretty quickly there, in spite of the Leddy disaster. Things are looking very bright, and their pool is extremely underrated it seems.

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
I'm not saying that they are #1 (I think Florida is), but I'm shocked that no one has mentioned them yet.

Granlund, Zucker, Larsson, Coyle & Brodin are all great prospects and have been impressive in the WJC camp

Scandella (if still considered a prospect) is an elite one, and if Cuma ever regains his health, he's a stud. Hacket & Kuemper give them very good goaltending depth at different stages in their development, and the've got some other guys who could be very nice role players for them (i.e. Falk & Gillies).

They've turned things around pretty quickly there, in spite of the Leddy disaster. Things are looking very bright, and their pool is extremely underrated it seems.
943227833d1305709183-english-spam-thread-not-sure-if-troll-just-very-stupid-28n1299498207760-29.jpg

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Edmonton is nuber 1 if you count players under the age of 21. They would be prospects on most teams but because they have very little older talent they have "prospect" type players in the big leagues.

Thats kind of the way I look at it.......

So I would say its close between NYI and EDM

Tavares
Hall
RNH
Nino
Strome....

On defense NYI also have Hamonic and de Hann.....EDM has Klefbom and Musil

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul

Ya, we fans have liked how things have progressed in terms of the prospect pool. Fletcher has had his hands in most every avenue he can to add talent, something we didn't see from the previous regime.

As far as goaltenders two more Wild prospects have also been at camp, Gustafsson for Sweden and Michalek for the US.

Last edited:

judge301

Aug 19, 2008
Edmonton lacks a top tier goalie which would place them in the top five or ten but definitely not number one.

I know many wouldn't but I'd argue this point. Roy won the starting job for Team Canada WJHC team last year, Bunz looks to have a good shot at one of the top two spots this year. Then there are the two Finns we drafted whom both have solid resumes. I'm not saying this is an uber elite group but I think we are as good off as most teams at this position.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Ottawa.

Rundblad
Cowen
Filatov
Zibanejad
Lehner

Wiercioch
Butler
Da Costa

Noesen
Puempel
Prince
Stone

Silfverberg
Petersson
O'Brien

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Andrei Loktionov
Tyler Toffoli
Vyacheslav Voynov
Derek Forbort
Chris Gibson
Thomas Hickey
Nic Deslauriers
Martin Jones
Brandon Kozun
Maxim Kitsyn
Jordan Weal
Jake Muzzin
Nick Shore

PantherStriker

Jul 31, 2010
I've seen one person mention Nashville, I'm surprised there's not more...

Jonathan Blum
Roman Josi
Ryan Ellis
Austin Watson
Taylor Beck
Charles Olivier Roussel
Anders Lindback
Chet Pickard
Teemu Laakso
Blake Geoffrion
Michael Latta
Magnus Hellberg

They pump out Defense and Goalies like no one else. I'd put them anywhere from 4-7

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Florida for me is hands down the winner. I like the Sens as well, along with LA, Colorado, Carolina, Minnesota , Edmonton, St. Louis, Detroit and some others.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Surprised to see people mentioning Toronto in this mix but only one person mentioned Detroit. Hmm seems odd I dont really see what Toronto has that Detroit doesnt...

Gonna make a thread about this so not to derail this one

BacklundtoBartschi*

Florida
New York Islanders
Ottawa
Calgary
Edmonton
Colorado

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'm surprised not many have Nashville in the top-5. I'd go:

Sens
Panthers
Preds
Islanders
Oilers

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Dallas prospect poll is pretty solid, not top 5 quality but it could be in the top 10. Although IMO without a doubt the Stars have the best goalie prospects right now.

Bachman
Beskorowany
Campbell

All three have good chance to be our number goalie in the future and all three are in our top 11 prospect from out boards out of 20 prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad