Teams with the best prospect pools

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton and the Islanders are definately the top 2. There are probably 5-8 teams who could make a case for rounding out the top-5.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Edmonton and the Islanders are definately the top 2. There are probably 5-8 teams who could make a case for rounding out the top-5.

Edmonton has top tier guys but poor depth, not top five, probably top ten.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Edmonton's pool is somewhat overrated imo. Their top prospects are all very talented, but overall their depth is not as good as some others, certainly not enough to be 1 or 2 imo.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006

Hmmm you could be right about them not being top 2. I forgot that Hall, Eberle and MSP have all graduated now so that certainly leaves them a bit light. Having said that i'd still view them as top-5.

theboss*

Boston is top 5 thanks to Toronto and some good draft picks.

CloneHakanPlease*

1)Islanders
2)Edm
3)Florida
Tossup between pretty much everyone in the central, Rangers, Leafs and a few others.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Boston is top 5 thanks to Toronto and some good draft picks.

They've got better depth than most defending Champs have but I think they'd be lucky to make the top 10 myself.

I'd say the Islanders and Sens are looking pretty good. Especially if they both suck again this year. Toronto's got some good depth.

space321

May 11, 2011
EDM graduated Hall, Eberle and Paajarvi in the same year so it kind of hurts our rankings. But then again, adding RNH would probably put us at ~5 ish.

ska8ter8808

Jul 3, 2006
Massachusetts
Edmonton is nuber 1 if you count players under the age of 21. They would be prospects on most teams but because they have very little older talent they have "prospect" type players in the big leagues.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Not true at all, the depth is great.

RNH
Klefbom
Petry
Marincin
Pitlick
Lander
Hamilton
Hartikainen
Teubert
Musil
Martindale
Bunz
Roy

I'm sure that i'm missing a few

That's a pretty damn nice collection of prospects and this is after the graduation of the "big 3". I don't know where people get this idea about lack of depth, maybe it's lack of knowledge of the Oilers 2nd tier prospects.

Tarpit*

No order, but these teams should be in the mix:

Ottawa
Florida
Edmonton
NYI
NYR
Toronto
Anaheim

You would have to add the LA Kings to the mix, they have the deepest or one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
I think Ottawa, Florida, Edmonton, and NYI are the top 4 in some order, and then the next 6 to round out a top ten is a total mishmash.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Colorado may be in the mix with the following (not in any particular order):

Gabriel Landeskog
Duncan Siemans
Joey Hishon
Calvin Pickard
Stefan Elliott
Tyson Barrie
Cameron Gaunce

Of course, a few of those prospects may in the NHL this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->